Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

SPAM OR NOT

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

SPAM OR NOT

All I want is for Comcast  to verify if they sent this email.  I did not sign anything with the company mentioned in the message. I never heard of them.  I do not want my email account stopped.  I need it for my work. 

Please verify this. In the meantime it is going to the SPAM folder

PJRB

Security Expert

Re: SPAM OR NOT

Perhaps if you told us "WHAT" you received, we'd be able to assist you.  The company?  Account stopped?

SPAM folder sounds like a good location if you have any doubts about the validity of the email.

Some of the following info may be helpful:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-Comcast-Email-Phish-or-Legit-How-to-Tell-and-rules/ta...

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Yes, following up on what the other replier said, it would help if you post a screenshot of the email or email header showing who sent the email.  Being a Regular Visitor to the site, you should know that providing a complete description or documentation of an issue is really needed for better assistance. 

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Frequent Visitor

thank you so very much with your answer and the guide lines.  I am keeping a copy for future reference.    Without realizing it and basing on strictly common sense I put it in the spam folder immediately.  I have not had any issues with my computer since.   thank you again.    You are much better than the average computer user  I can gaurantee you that  USAF_E-8_RET

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation