Community Forum

Receive the email about Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement Made under the DMCA

New Poster

Receive the email about Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement Made under the DMCA

I just got a email for xfinity with content :

Dear Internet Customer:

Comcast has received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over Comcast’s Xfinity Internet or Business-Class Internet service (the “Service”).  The copyright owner has identified the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address associated with your Service account at the time as the source of the infringing works.  The works identified by the copyright owner in its notification are listed below.  Comcast reminds you that use of the Service (or any part of the Service) in any manner that constitutes an infringement of any copyrighted work is a violation of Comcast’s Acceptable Use Policy and may result in the suspension or termination of your Service account.

If you have any questions regarding this notice, you may direct them to Comcast in one of the following formats:

Comcast Customer Security Assurance
                         Comcast Cable Communications, LLC
                         141 Woodcrest Road
                         Cherry Hill, NJ 08003 U.S.A.
                         Phone: (877) 842-2112
                         Fax: (856) 324-2940

Infringing Work: Mission: Impossible - Fallout
Filename: Mission.Impossible.Fallout.2018.1080p.KORSUB.HDRip.x264.AAC2.0
Infringement Date: 2018-10-17 01:28:13.0 UTC
Infringement Type: BitTorrent
Infringement Method: BITTORRENT

——-

i called the xfinity about that and the employee told me has someone used my hotspot wifi to download a copyright movie. But i did not know who did it and they told me just change the account password and secret question . After that is good to go but my wife is still worry and nervous a lot. So what i need to do next.

May someone can help me to check again

Incident Number:        IH42602678
Report Date/Time:      2018-10-17 01:28:13.0 UTC

Expert

Re: Receive the email about Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement Made under the DMCA

@Duyvuong2003 wrote:

i called the xfinity about that and the employee told me has someone used my hotspot wifi to download a copyright movie. But i did not know who did it and they told me just change the account password and secret question . After that is good to go but my wife is still worry and nervous a lot. So what i need to do next.

May someone can help me to check again

To prevent any further unauthorized logins and changes, you also need to enable Multi Factor Authentication for your account. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!