Community Forum

Re: Lots of Dos Attacks from China

New Poster

@darkangelic.  I have done that and I'm having the same issue as this user.  I even changed the mac address by one character so that I could get a new IP.  DOS attacks Galore. Based on research, DOS attacks are targetted at business servers.  How is one home user expected to stop them from happening? Obviously a Node in Comcast's WAN is being attacked and we're feeling the effects of it.  Which again puts the ball in their court to fix the issue.

Expert

@m3shia wrote:

@darkangelic.  I have done that and I'm having the same issue as this user.  I even changed the mac address by one character so that I could get a new IP.  DOS attacks Galore. Based on research, DOS attacks are targetted at business servers.  How is one home user expected to stop them from happening? Obviously a Node in Comcast's WAN is being attacked and we're feeling the effects of it.  Which again puts the ball in their court to fix the issue.

I'm going to sever this thread as your issue is unrelated to previous poster.

DOS attacks don't work the way you think they do.  Not just business servers are attacked, pretty much any script kiddie nowadays can rent a botnet to go after a particular IP address.

Also, if a particular node is attacked, the attackers go after that one device's IP address. Obviously that IP address is unique to that one device and so nobody else is affected. Of course, there could be a distributed mass attack to a whole series of nodes, but that's a different story. 

If you think there's an issue that's over your head , seek immediate assistance from the Comcast Security Assurance Team directly:

The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected computers (commonly referred to as bots), online fraud and other security issues.

Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!