Community Forum

Re: I got an email from comcast stating update account or service will be terminated is this a scam

New Poster

Re: I got an email from comcast stating update account or service will be terminated is this a scam

@hakirby wrote:

Email say's Important notice from techiical support. Update what 

credit card information

Expert

@wingtruong wrote:

@hakirby wrote:

Email say's Important notice from techiical support. Update what 

credit card information

It's most likely a phishing email.  You can either report it or delete it, but do not click on anything or enter any personal information.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: I got an email from comcast stating update account or service will be terminated is this a scam?

Thanks to all for the help. When I got messages back from the forum I also got the red logo but I do not see this lago on any other emails. Also all emails from comcast do not get to me on this email I only get them on the second email account I set up as instructed by comcast support and they do have the red logo. I am really confused because I also get a not secure message on both accounts when I click on any message. I refresh page and it the message not secure is gone until I click on an email again.

hakirby

Official Employee

Re: I got an email from comcast stating update account or service will be terminated is this a scam?

Hi, hakirby. Are you able to upload a screenshot of the email, without clicking on anything of course and without any of your personal information in it? That would help us identify/confirm potential malicious intent. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, hakirby. I never heard back from you about this. If you end up needing further assistance with it, please create a new post. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.