Community Forum

Re: Constant DDoS and lack of protection for Residential customers!

New Poster

Thanks so much for your detailed comment.  I've found it very useful!  I'm concerned that someone is hacking into my Xfinity router and causing problems.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to troubleshoot!  Do you think the new Xfi service they are offering which purports to have "Advanced Security" and faster speeds is an option??  Or is it best I purchase my own compatible router/modem??  If so, can you recommend a reasonably priced unit?  I'm a bit out of my league here messing around with IT, but I keep having strange things happen on wifi with Comcast.

Any advice you can provide is much appreciated!  Oh, I also did run across that "Bridge Mode" when troubleshooting yesterday.  I was afraid to click on it, because I have no idea what that will do.   Again any advice is much appreciated!

Kind regards, 

Karen

Regular Visitor

Hi,

It would appear my thread hit a funny bone or something. Why is it that when the truth is out there the "Man" always crush it, subdue it, and oppress us? There was nothing at all wrong with my thread for it to have been locked. Here is my original post if mine gets taken down.

As far as Xfinity's new "Xfi Advantage" and their XB6 class modems, they don't offer any DDoS protection at all. Also as I previously stated in my thread, a VPN can't stop a DDoS attack either if it's on the WAN MAC level and not IP level.

Do NOT set "Bridge Mode" on your cable modem, unless you have an external Router, because it will disable your Wi-Fi functionality!

If you want direct help with this, look me up on my streaming platforms as "BlizMare".

Hopefully my help wont get targeted by the "Man" and suppressed again!