Community Forum

Norton

Contributor

Norton

When I sign into Norton it tells me I have 3 licenses.  Don't understand that.  Had to replace my old computer and deleted Norton.  Then installed on my new computer but had to reset due to something not configured right.  Then reinstalled Norton.  How do I get the number of licenses reduced to one  since I am  only using  one computer in my home and don't use a cell phone or tablet.  I can understand about the one on my old computer but if they are using a new license every time you have to  reinstall that's not right because if you have to reset your computer that means you have to reinstall Norton or if Norton tells you to reinstall.  Apparently you are only allowed 5 licenses.

Hope this makes sense.

Re: Norton

@gizmo37

It sounds like you istalled Norton Security Online (NSO) - which is the most current version of Norton that Comcast offers for free.  With that license you are permitted to install Norton on up to 5 devices (PC's MAC's, cell phones etc).    Do not worry about getting the number reduced to one as you only have one device (PC).

If you need to reinstall Norton on this same PC it will not use another license.  If you are concerned about the old install still showing (which is no big deal), you can go to the main page of NSO, select the More Norton Square and then select Manage.  Slect Manage My Protection and sign into your Norton Account.  You should see your old license listed and by selecting it and the the Trash Can, you can delete that device and you should then se 4 licenses available.

If you have any problems, please post back.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

gizmo37 -- Were you able to get this sorted out?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

No.  It still show that I only have 2 licenses left when I only have one machine that Norton is installed on.  Had to get a new desktop and installed Norton and then had to reset my new desktop and then reinstall Norton.  Same machine but new install.  My old desktop had to be replaced and I had Norton on it.    When I look at the Norton site it shows two machines when I only have one -- one inactive and one active according to Norton.   I hope this makes sense.  But why should I be penalized when I had to reset the only computer I have and reinstall Norton.

@gizmo37

On the device that shows as Inactive, left click on the 3 dots in the lower left hand corner of the square for that device.  It should display two options - Rename Device and Delete Device.  By selecting Delete Device, the following should appear (showing the name of the devcie you deleted)  Be advised, this image was captured during an older action I took and the Bruce - Windows Vista device has been gone for a few years now.

delete device.png

Please let us know if this changes the number of devices shown.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I deleted the extra device showing but that did not change the number of licenses I have left.  Still says I have used 3 of 5 licenses which is not true at all.   Guess I was charged the extra license when I had to reset my new computer after already downloading Norton.  The other device must be my old computer that is out of service and which I deleted Norton from.  Guess I had better hope I don't need to reset my new computer again.

@gizmo37

Please verify the following setting:

Go to Settings  on main screen of Norton > select Administrative Settings > ensure Remote Management is set to ON.  If not, set to ON and  Apply.  A reboot may be necessary to see the change in licenses used.

Once you ensure Remote management is turned ON, go to the More Norton Square > Select Manage My Protection > (you may be required to log into your Norton Account) select the MY Norton Tab and select My Subscriptions from the drop down.

My Subscription.png

Next select Manage Licenses and a popup will appear - remove the license (by selecting the Trash Can Icon) for the system no longer active:

Remove License.png

Please let us know if any assistance.

Contributor

Thank you for all your help.  That worked.

You are very welcome and glad you got it sorted out!