Community Forum

Norton

Regular Visitor

Norton

I tried to install Norton on my laptop but it would not accept my pin.  I talked to comcast and after about 30 minutes he said that he could not do anything with Norton and I would have to deal with them direct. He gave me Norton's phone number and I called. I let Norton access my computer remotely, but they could not install it either. I was told that Comcast would have to reset my pin number for Norton. I called back to Comcast to find out what I was suppose to do and I was transfered back to Norton. They gave me a case number and told me they would contact comcast and have this done. I have not heard anything for a couple of days. I contacted Norton again to find out what was going on with this issue. He said that he would call back in less then 15 minutes. It has been over 2 hours and no call back. I called Norton back but still did not get anything resolved. Again I was told that they have to go through Comcast. I have been told by Comcast and Norton that my pin was disabled. I am just wondering since this Norton security in included with my comcast, why can't I get anyone to help me do this. If it is not available, someone just needs to let me know. Any help would be nice.

Official Employee

Re: Norton

Hi car2nv,

Unfortunately, this is something that would need to be addressed by our Constant Guard Norton Security Suite Support, instead of reaching out to Norton directly, they would be able to assist you. Please send me a private message so I can provide you with their direct contact info. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Regular Visitor

This issue was resolved last night when Norton called and said that Comcast reset my Norton pin. This took 5 days to resolve with very poor communication. I installed Norton with the same pin number that was issued to me. I still don't understand what the issue was and no one will explain it. Bottom line is it is installed and working.

Official Employee

Hi car2nv,

Thanks for letting me know this has been resolved. I will close this thread out now. Reach out if there's anything else we can assist you with. Thanks for being the BEST part of Comcast, take care!