Community Forum

Norton subscription has been canceled

Regular Visitor

Re: Norton subscription has been canceled

I went through the steps for total removal, and reinstallation. I uninstalled through Add/Remove Programs, then ran the Norton Removal tool, then installed ConstantGuard through the Xfinity site. It still shows up as ConstantGuard at first, and after running liveUpdate a few times it reverts to a normal version. I am never asked for a pin during installation, and it doesn't create the file in my Documents folder during installation, and I'm back to it asking to renew the subscription.

New Poster

I looked at the file in My Documents and the 2 PINs do NOT match.

What does "let us know" mean - who do I let know about the mis-match - or how do I let them/you know?

Hi oldladywhotwo,

Thanks for letting us know that the PIN numbers do not match.  We asked, basuically as information for truobleshooting purposes - trying to track down if PINs that do not match could be the cause of the the inactivation.

If you are asked for a PIN entry, use the one from the download - not the My Documents file.

You may also desire to try the following:

Please see the following Knowledge Based Article pertaining to your situation and try it on one of your systems:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security-suite/current/solutions/kb20100602120242EN_EndUs...

Use the advanced option (Remove Only) of the tool (Step 5) and then return (Step 8) to the NSS download page and begin the install.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I still am not sure what my next steps should be to fix this problem. I don't like having my security system non-functioning.

Valued Contributor

@Rinpengu, I've sent you a PM, please respond - I'd like to look at your account and see if I can help.

Frequent Visitor

UPDATE: It's been almost a month now and still not working, just someone collecting PIN numbers.  Has anyone had success getting Norton up and running again?

@oriole2015 wrote:

Same here. I've also noticed that my TV Apps that use the internet such, as YouTube aren't working

New Poster

Update: Still working Smiley Happy

Good news!

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I'll address this to Jon in particular because he seems to be the one who is sometimes coming up with some solutions for some people (not all it seems however).  After now spending 8 to 9 hours talking back & forth with Norton and Xfinity/Comcast I was told on 4-27-18 by Norton that my problem would be sent to a special department where Norton and Comcast work together to resolve more difficult issues.  I was told that I would be called back in 3 to 4 days.  They gave me a new case # that they would refer to when they called.  Norton has taken control of my computer twice now and got stuck (and stumped) in the same exact spot that we (my husband, myself, and my son) did which was when it didn't like my pin #.   BTW, I did check and do NOT have 2 different PIN numbers.  It has now been 3 weeks since they promised me a call back, and they said they would have a solution when they did call me back.  Our computers have now been without protection for about 6 weeks, and I would probably be called stupid for letting it be unprotected this long.  I keep having hope but am near to giving up.  I hate to put out money for a different program when I am supposed to get a free subscription to Norton with a paid Xfinity subscription (which of course I do have). The last time I had a phone conversation, I first called Xfinity/Comcast, and when the gentleman I talked with couldn't help me, he put me through to Norton assuring me that 2 other people had just called prior to me and had the same problem resolved, so I could be assured that my problem would also be resolved.  In fact, he told me he would call me back AFTER I talked with Norton to be sure my issue was resolved.  He never called nor has Norton called me back as promised.  I'm totally frustrated at this point.  If I have to purchase another protection plan, it certainly won't be with Norton.  This is the first time I've ever written in about anything on-line so that shows my total frustation with lack of help from both Norton and Xfinity.

Valued Contributor

@anni679

I'll send you a PM; I'd like to try to help!

Frequent Visitor

@sfmethod wrote:

Update: Still working Smiley Happy

@sfmethod

Kudos to you my friend!  The workaround you suggested for this problem has worked great for me.  I now have all 4 computers running Norton Security again for several days.  The only thing I would add is that it didn't seem to make any difference whether or not I changed the PIN in the file.

Hopefully Norton and Xfinity will fix this software glitch soon.

New Poster

My subcription is paid up to date and still is cancelling after uninstalling and reinstalling, several times in the last 2 weeks 

Regular Visitor

I have also done uninstall/reinstall several times.  I put in the PIN number, and get this ridiculously annoying message every couple days.  I really liked the Norton package, but ready to go back to the Windows firewall.

Regular Visitor

Same issue. Been having to re-install for WEEKS thinking I had some terrible bug of some kind. Kinda ridiculous that so many customers are having this issue. Norton isnt cheap which is why its important to be sure its functioning correcrtly. If I need to use my window defendfer or other (much cheaper) software for now, I'll find it difficult to return to Norton. 

New Poster

This is completely, totally unacceptable.  i have followed all the instructions here.  I have downloaded the new Norton Security Online (instead of the old Norton Security Suite).  Same issue, although it's worse now than it was several weeks ago.  Comast and Norton need to get their act together immediately.  Customers should be provided a free, standalone version of Norton until this issue is solved.  Total garbage.

Frequent Visitor

Been over 2 months now! Tired of making calls, downloading, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling and reading posts.  

Regular Visitor

Re: Norton procedures to fix

I was able to get help through the Norton Help Desk.  Here are the procedures I used, and so far, so good:

Solution:

1. Uninstall Norton on the system(s) that show "expired" or "canceled".  Use the Norton uninstall tool for this:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

Download and run the tool on this page,  Do not select to uninstall and reinstall - click the advanced button and click to "uninstall only".

2. Reboot when the product has been removed.

3. Go back to the hidden folder c:\ProgramData and delete the Norton folder and all sub-folders (you will need to unhide these folders)

4. Go back to internetsecurity.xfinity.com to download and install Norton Security Online

The install files are updated to version 22.14. In the new Norton Security Online interface, click "About", and you will see the version current installed.

Hope this helps other people!

New Poster

Same problem here. Three uninstalls / download / install cycles later and the problem continues to keep coming back...

New Poster

I too have had the same issue.  Uninstall and reinstall 3 times.  Comcast indicated the problem had been solved.  The 4th time I called, the person was not even aware of the issue with Comcast.  Weak.  Anyhow I was transferred to Norton, who did a remote desktop connection, did the full removal with their special skills, reinstalled and sent me on my way.  After setting up Norton again, within 1 week it has now failed again and says service cancelled.  Totally fed up, especially when there are more than ever internet threats out there.  I am going to install AVG free until Comcast and Norton get this bull figured out.

New Poster

Good luck. Don’t call Comcast. They are clueless. Work with Norton. Then, make sure you do numerous “Run Live Updates”. If you don’t, you’ll run into the same problem. Vanu with Norton was extremely helpful.
New Poster

I had this SAME issue and went through all the steps everyone else has.  ....and had the same thing happen again after I was promised it wouldn't happen again.   For grins, I ran a not too recent copy of Norton Download Manager I used when I first built this machine last March. Found it in Public Downloads.  I ran it again, it installed and updated and I have not had a problem since.  Time will tell, but so far so good.

Norton061318b.jpg
Frequent Visitor

Thank You lynno18!

I'm being caustiosly optimistic that all is well.  You're solution had held up now for 5 days on 2 computers. Thanks again 

New Poster

Hi, I hope you can help me also. I upgraded my two-play Comcast service to a three-play about 10 days ago and got a desktop error that my Norton subscription had expired. I tried to download again from the Xfinity website and when I logged into Norton to download, got an error from Norton that it doesn't recognize the username / password combination. I've chatted with Comcast representatives twice for over an hour each time and they cannot resolve except they reset my modem, once without telling me - I was in the middle of work at the time. I've changed my Comcast password, and that didn't resolve. I uninstalled Norton Security Suite before trying to re-install and that didn't resolve. I'm using Avast in the meantime, but it does not have the Norton features, and tbh I would like to use what's included in the subscription. I guess my question is how do I get the database updated? The CSRs that I've chatted with don't seem to know how to do that. Thanks very much.

New Poster

Thank you lynno18! This worked for me!
Valued Contributor

@JCBP

It sounds like the username and password combination you are mentioning is the Norton Account page? After clicking to get the product from internetsecurtiy.xfinity.com, you have an authentication from xfinity, that is generally automatic, unless you are not at home or are using a VPN. After that, you end up at the Norton Account page to start your subscription (or log in if you already have one).  This is not your xfinity login, this is a Norton account to access and manage your Norton services.  If you haven't set that up yet, and it sounds like you may not have, click the tab to create a Norton Account. 

New Poster

I tried lynno18's solution - same 'unknown username or password' Norton error with the redirected link from comcast. So then I tried THEOBR's solution with my 4/26/2018 copy of Norton Download Manager and so far, so good. Crossing my fingers that it remains good. This whole 'exercise' has taken about 16 hours of my time and leaves me trying to figure out why I pay comcast but have to provide my own technical support. That notwithstanding, many many thanks to all on the forum for the good advice.

New Poster

I agree! At the prices Xfinity is reaching this is 100% UNACCEPTABLE. I received the error over 6 weeks ago, had a chat with an Xfinity rep, they supposedly resolved the issue with my account. I was directed to the site to download the removal tool and re-install Norton. I have just received this notice for the 9th time! I spoke with Comcast they direct me to Norton, I speak to Norton they send me the link to un-install and reinstall. SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE. Someone at Norton and or Xfinity HIGHER UP than a rep or I/T tech needs to get hold of this and get it resolved. I am at my wits end and not a clue what to do now!
Tags (1)
Valued Contributor

@1stClassYutz: I've been working with Norton Engineering on identifying the cause of some customers repeatedly getting cancellation notifications after an uninstall/reinstall was successful (for a few days/weeks).

A patch was released this afternoon that should resolve the issue for just about everyone with that situation. Since the product is in a cancelled state, you are going to need to uninstall/reinstall from internetsecurity.xfinity.com

Once it is reinstalled, and before running Live Update, go to Help-About in the Norton Security Online interface (access through tray icon) and PM me the serial number. Then run live update repeatedly until it says there are no more updates available (this may ask for a reboot or two). 

Once it is completely updated, go to Help-About in the Norton Security Online interface (access through tray icon), and get the serial number (should be the same, but just in case it is diffferent...).  Add that serial number to the PM.  Please only Private Message (PM) the serial number and don't post it in the forum. That way, if you run in to a problem, I can look up the account(s) in our database and see what may be the problem.

New Poster

Jon, I have tried repeatedly to start Norton after I remove it and reinstall it but it will not start, all it says is my account is cancelled. I have no idea how to resolve this at this point. I have reinstalled it 3 times today and all same results! Any ideas?
Valued Contributor

@1stClassYutz  I sent you a PM: Based on the serial number provided, it looks like your machine is on the right account and you should be good.  Let me know if that is not the case.

For anyone else with this scenario (product goes in to canceled state, reinstall through comcast works for a few days, then cancels again): Uninstall, reinstall through internetsecurity.xfintiy.com, then live update until current.  With the latest patch from development that I mentioned in a previous post, that process should clear the issue up.  If not, let me know.

New Poster

My Norton subscription also canceled on me. I re-downloaded many time but didn't work. Now, it is asking me to enter a 13 PIN code. Please help. Thanks.

Please follow these instructions and let us know how things go:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security-suite/current/solutions/kb20100602120242EN_EndUs...

New Poster

I'm also having this issue, tried the above solution to uninstall and reinstall and had no luck.  Currently up to date on billing too.

@Halfcocked

After the reinstall, have you run Liveupdate until it responds "No updates Found"?  This will ensure you receive the latest updates which pertain to this situation. 

Regular Visitor

why was it canceled? i am still with comcast. plese send e mail why. thanks Stee 

@stevearbanasin

We'd really like to try to assist you - but we'll need more details than what you have provided.  Please tell us more about your situation. 

New Poster

Happened to me as well. My Xfinity account is current and working, but the Norton security has been canceled. 

I moved last month to a new apartment, but I gave notice to Xfinity, and my modem works fine, I don't know if this is related to the Norton cancelation.

Also, I have tried to download the .exe file to reinstall Norton, but the Xfinity page doesn't allow me to do it.

I would appreciate your guidance.

Thanks

@josedanielfd

Is your Comcast  a prepaid service - ie being paid as part of of a bulk Xfinfity package for your apartment complex?

Have you had a retail Norton product installed in the past that had an old Norton Account assigned to it?

New Poster

And you can add me to this list. Suddenly says it's canceled. Followed the link, ran through the reinstall, including the copy and paste of the code, and the new install immediately says that Comcast canceled the subscription. If I do the process again, it doens't offer me the code.

Note that I had service in another state, and that was ended about two months ago (the services overlapped). The reinstall was, however, done with the new user name/account, and it had been running on the new username/account for roughly a month prior to this event.

@prosql1

At your old location, did you have a Norton Account set up - perhaps for use with Norton Mobile Security or the old stand-alone Identity Safe?

If so, do you recall the user name (email address) and password you used to sign into that Norton Account.  Please bar in mnd that the Norton Account and Comcast Account sign ins are different functions.

Please try to follow the instructions in the following link and use the previous user name/pasword if you had a Norton Account.    If you did not previously have a Norton Account, please create a Norton Account.  Instructions in the drop down near the bottom of the page.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-Norton-Security-Online-and-H...

Let us know if this helped.

New Poster

Yeah, I got this today as well. I've had Norton through Comcast since they started offering it. This is the first time this has happened. So irritating. 

New Poster

I'm guessing this to be related to the two accounts having existed simultaneously. The account I have today is associated with a different email than the original account.

So, perhaps the issue here is that I need a new Norton account that agrees with the email on thet new comcast account. What's odd though, is that I can log into the old email address - the "expired" one, and I see 5 licenses available.

New Poster

I’ve also recieved this message. An i pay for internet

@Farmer4

Please see if the following information helps:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security-suite/current/solutions/kb20100602120242EN_EndUs...?