Community Forum

Norton security suite password manager not loading at all???

Contributor

Norton security suite password manager not loading at all???

Upon booting up today i tried to boot up my norton which it did fine "but" upon trying to log into my norton password it gave me an error stating it could not load, etc, etc. Now i read on the forums (i believe it was) where the problem rxisted for other comcast customers as well. I did see where someone said to use the Norton uninstall/reinstall program which i did then rebooted  the computer as told to and it did unstall nss but upon trying to "reinstall" it would not do??? So with this in mind i went back on my comcast account page found the link (on several) different links through comcast and NONE of them worked as it kept telling me that "this page failed to load" so now as it stands i am with no comcast protection, passwors etc. Need some help on this matter please.

EDIT:

found a link finally for nss and it seemed like it was working but once it got to the page at the end when it is attempting to connect to the norton server i keep geting the error message saying "cannot connect to the norton server please try again"???

Re: Norton security suite password manager not loading at all???

@gman13 

Please see my post in answer to your question on the Norton Forums back in Sept:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7992791#comment-7992791

Your post above states you found a link for NSS download, is it in fact NSS or the newer Norton Security Online that you are trying to install?

One more thing you can check is the Norton Service Status  to make sure all is working in your area.

Also which browser are you using to download Norton (does it have the correct Norton extension) - and have you tried another browser?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Ok, by a stroke of good luck i got it to install correctly (it had a patch to use) and rasked to reboot my system, which i did & it seemed "fixed" but then once i rebooted the system it now came up with "License  key errorr-Product key cannot be used"??? 

I am using windows 7 pro x64 and my browser is google chrome-Norton Security Online 

Contributor

After registering it gave me a code that was sent to my cell phone and i entered it got me to the screen where it showed my account so i thought everything was fixed but the lil norton symbol down on my taskbar is showing red so i click on it and think that maybe it was just a matter of logging or something and now it says "Server error-Were working to resolve an issue that prevents us from 

completing your request. Try again kater" (-500)

@gman13 

Are you trying to use the Mobile Unlock? I am asking as you mentioned you received a code on your cell phone. I do not use Mobile Unlock and am not familiar with it. If so, perhaps you could attempt to log into your Norton Account without using it.

The Norton Icon with a Red X on it could mean a few different things. Can you right click on the Icon and select any of the items in the drop down list? If so try Get Support let the auto fix run and see if it reports any errors - or corrects something. A left click on the icon should bring up the main page of NSO and should provide a Fix Now Button.

As I understand it, it says you have a server error when you select the Noton Icon in the system tray. Have you verifieed all is good in regards to Norton Status as suggested above?

Something else you can try is using a browser other than Chrome. Internet Explorer is one I found is the easiest to use to test if it might be the browser causing the situation because IE is still pretty straight forward and does not require addtional extensions for Norton Password Manager (NPM) to function.

One other thought - have you ever had a retail version of Norton installed and had a Norton Account set up wth a diffeent email address (as the user name) than the one you are currently trying to use?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!