Community Forum

Norton disappeared

New Poster

Norton disappeared

The norton icon appears in the (Microsoft windows 10) tray on my Dell laptop but nothing happens when I click on it. Shortcut I saved upon installation (a long time ago) claims it cannot find the application. Two Norton foloders , "Norton Security Suite" and "NortonInstaller" exist in the ProgramFiles(x86) folder, but none of the subfolders make any sense.

Any thoughts?

Tags (1)

Re: Norton disappeared

Hi grNadpa,

First a question - What version is your Norton Security Suite (NSS)?  On the main page of NSS, select Help and then ABOUT - is the version number 22.12.1.15?  If so you are on the current version.  If not, then please run LiveUpdate until such time as LiveUpdate responds, No updates found. 

Next, right click on your old desktop (shortcut) icon and select Properties from the drop down.  Verify the Target entry on the Shortcut Tab is a follows:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Security with Backup\Engine\22.12.1.15\uistub.exe" 

If the Target entry is not as shown, change it that listed above.  The important part is the version number being correct.  For example, if your shortcut target shows 22.12.1.104 or anything other than the current version (22.12.1.15), the shortcut will not work as it is redirecting to the incorrect location of the installation.

Please let us know what you find out.