Community Forum

Norton Subscription Cancelled

New Poster

Norton Subscription Cancelled

For over a month now, every 2-3 days my Norton subscription is cancelled.   I have uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I care to count.   I am at the point where I am ready to cancel Comcast or purchase my own security from another company.   Does anyone at Norton or Comcast have a fix that will actually work?

Valued Contributor

Re: Norton Subscription Cancelled

I sent you a PM

Regular Visitor

glad to know its not just me. Ive actually been re=installing norton everyday for weeks now thinking I had some sort of terrible bug. Looks like I may need to reach out to xfinity or norton to finally get this fixed correctly. really annoying

Hi cindelle,

Mulitple posts in older threads wil not get you answers any faster. 

Starting a new thead and explaining exactly which version of Norton you are using (retail, or Comcast free version), other info such as a link you are following the instructions from in regards to the reinstall.  Also your operating sysytem, default browser etc would prove helpful.

We can not see your system, so th emore info you provide the better we can assist you.

Regular Visitor

Thank you for your reply. My multiple posts were just comments acknowledging a similar problem. I hadnt included any of my OS info in my comments since I hadnt actually asked for assistance fixing this issue. It seems that the remedies Ive read are a hit-or-miss. But I can try and give you the info you've requested. Im using my norton subscription through my Xfinity account. Ive tried many remedies such as the ones listed in these forums, uninstalling norton, reinstalling it, reinstalling in different ways, installing directly through Xfinity. Everyday I get the message that my Norton subscription has been cancelled and everyday I reinstall it. I followed directions from this link: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20100427232636EN_EndUserProfile_en_us?i...

I have an account through Norton and it states that my subscription is active yet it is not activated on my coputer. Im uncertain how to locate which version of norton I ceurrently have installed. Perhaps you may be able to help me obtain that info. Ive used the link provided by Xfinity. My laptop runs on Windows 10 Home, version 1803. I hope this is helpfull, unfortunately Im not atall tech savy but Ill try my best to get you the info needed. Thank you for your help.

HI cindelle,

The instructions you are trying to follow for the installation of Norton Securtiy Suite (NSS) are actually no longer valid, as Comcast has updated the NSS to Norton Security Online (NSO) with a new method of download/reinstall.  

Also since you are running WIN 10, version 1803, please verify that Fast Start is disabled.  Updates to WIN 10 can turn that setting back on.  Please see this link for the reason to turn it off.

To locate the version of Norton that you have, you can open the Norton Dash Board, slect Help in the upper right corner and then ABOUT - that should show a version number (current version is 22.14.2.13) and this can also be verifed via Control Panel > Programs and Features > Norton Securtiy Online > version is on the far right of that entry.

You have properly become frustrated with all the suggestions to reinstall, but there has been a refresh of the Windows install files to version 22.14. Anyone reporting issues with being canceled repeatedly and having to uninstall/reinstall to fix it for a few days before it cancels again can get it fixed now.  You just need to uninstall and reinstall from this link:  https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/   Once you go to this link, select the download Norton button, you should be asked for your Norton account user name (email address) and password - since you already have a Norton Account.  From there follow the instuctions - by either installing on device you are using or installing on another device.

If you run into any sitautions or have other questions, feel free to ask.

Regular Visitor

I did what you wrote and its still saying the same thing, "your subscription has been cancelled." I turned off fast start, uninsalled the norton version i  had and installed the newest version (22.14.0.54) nothing's changed. Like I said in my first post, these solutions seem to be a hit-or-miss and it appears that I'm in the miss side. Guess I'll just have to move-on and begin using something else. My computers been vulnerable for several days now so I think I've been more than patient. Thanks anyway