Community Forum

Norton Security

Highlighted
New Poster

Norton Security

I have had a paid subscription to Norton on my laptop for many years.  My subscription ended in March and I want to download Norton since I'm an xfinity customer .  The instructions recommended I uninstall any other security software, so I uninstalled Norton & rebooted my computer.   The 1st step indicates: Go to the Norton Security Online page and click Get Norton Security Online.  When I click on the option, I get redirected, then get a msg '

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from ssae.symantec.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).   I select 'Learn more' and it takes me to a page indicating fix connection issues.  I'm connected to wifi and secure.  Is the web page having an issue?  

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Norton Security

Same issue here.   Hopefully Comcast  take this up  to Norton as a partner to help getting it fixed.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Norton Security

Yes, I had the older version of Norton through Xfinity and was trying to upgrade to the new Norton Security Online.  I uninstalled the old version as recommended but when following the link to download the new version, it tried to send me to :

https://ssae.symantec.com/Portal/Signup

But then I got the warning message in the browser window: 

This site is not secure

This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.