Community Forum

Norton Security message on my computer

New Poster

Norton Security message on my computer

Norton Security pops up with this message and I don't know what it is, so I don't know whether to allow or to block the connection:

The computer "10.0.0.16" is attempting to access rapport on your computer. Do you want to allow this connection?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Re: Norton Security message on my computer

@cawgemini

For starters, can you give us a bit more info - is  rapport (sometimes used by financial institutions for addtional security) - or is it in fact rapportd (and was just mispelled)?

Operating system, default browser, Norton product and perhaps URL would be helpful.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: Norton Security message on my computer

Hi 

@cawgemini wrote:

Norton Security pops up with this message and I don't know what it is, so I don't know whether to allow or to block the connection:

The computer "10.0.0.16" is attempting to access rapport on your computer. Do you want to allow this connection?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Hi there,

Could you please share us a screenshot of the pop up on the private message? We can check and get back to you.

Thanks,

Steffi

Norton Support