Community Forum

Norton Security Toolbar support has been removed

New Poster

I get this message every day when I power up my Chrome browser.  Looks like Google's sales pitch for their protection in-lieu-of Norton's protection.  Should I just ignore this message?  I just X it out.   As far as I can tell, Norton is continuing to perform just fine.   Advise from the community, please?

Our new Google Chrome™ extensions offer similar online browsing protection features and only take a moment to install.

Re: Norton Security Toolbar support has been removed

@tomindenver2

Please see the following reply concerning the popup are referring to:

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8011761#comment-8011761

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you.   I so understand now.  180-degree turn in my thinking.  I thought the message was coming from Google Chrome.  Now I know the message was generated from Norton, thankfully.  I will click on the Protection button and take advantage of Norton's product.  

You are welcome and glad you understand what is going on now!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!