Community Forum

Norton Security Online vs. Norton Security Suite

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Norton Security Online vs. Norton Security Suite

I was recently afvised that there is a new kid on the block, that Norton Security Online was available to replace the old Norton Suite. The Norton site also said I can keep using the old software if I want to.

My question is, are there any advantages to switching?  I am satisfied with the old Norton. As far as I can tell from reading the blurb, the new one odds support for mobile devices but that is about the only change. Does anyone have an opinion about which is best?

Thanks.

Re: Norton Security Online vs. Norton Security Suite

@MisterURL

Yup, Norton Security Online (NSO) is the latest free offering from Norton for Comcast customers.  As you stated, it adds support for Mobile devices - and as  result uses a Cloud Based Vault as opposed to the Local Vault used by  Norton Security Suite (NSS).

The old Identity Safe is now "Norton Password Manager".  The More Norton sqaure on the main page also provides (IMHO) an easier method to add addtional devices (including Mobile devices at no addtional cost).  It also permits you to see which devices are covered by your licenses and allows you to delete your older devices that may have used one of your licenses.  BTW, the number of licenses (installs) have decreased from 7 to 5. 

You have to set up a "Norton Account" in order to use the Cloud Vault for both Mobile devices and PC/MAC.   I know some folks do not desire to use a Cloud Vault for their Password Manager, so that would be somethng to take into consideration.

You asked for an opinion (and everyone has one)  - personally I would go with the NSO over the NSS, as I do believe that at sometime in the future,  NSS will reach End of Life and the only choice will be NSO.

Hope that explaination assists you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks, SMSgt. I don't use Password Manager anyway (I stopped, I think, back at Firefox 50 when it took so long for Norton to get it working) , so the cloud part won't bopther me.

I suspect you are right about the old Norton going away. They have been lax about updates and such in the past two years. I'll give the new Norton a try.

@MisterURL

Please let us know what you think of the new version.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!