Community Forum

Norton Safe Web is disabled despite it being enabled!

Regular Contributor

Norton Safe Web is disabled despite it being enabled!

Something's terribly wrong with Norton Safe Web!  When I open the browser, the Norton Safe Web never shows green because it's always disabled in spite of the fact that is is enabled!  It only shows green when I visit a Norton website. And when I disable Safe Web and enable it again, it vanishes completely!  This stinks!  When will Norton Safe Web be fixed? Cat Sad

Re: Norton Safe Web is disabled despite it being enabled!

@angeldeb82

In order to assist you better, we'll need to know your operating system, default browser (sounds like you are talking about Chrome), and if in fact you are referring to the Check Mark Icon for Safe Web.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I'm on Wndows 8.1, using Chrome.  So yesterday I ran NSS LiveUpdate, and after restarting Windows and getting on Chrome, Norton Safe Web started working again after ten minutes.  It's still working as of this afternoon. Cat Happy

@angeldeb82

OK - thanks for the info and please keep an eye on it.  You know where to fund us if you need an addtional help.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!