Community Forum

Norton-Online Safety

Most Valued Poster

Norton-Online Safety

Just wondering if most Enable with all 3 features the "Online Safety" portion of Norton Suite with comcast?

Re: Norton-Online Safety

@tstack 

• Not exactly sure what you are asking.  
  • Are you in fact running the odler versom of Norton Security Suite or are you running the newer Norton Security Online?
  • Are you asking about the Password Manager, Password Generator, and Browser Extensions?
  • If so which browser is your default browser?
  • Also does you question refer to converting your Local Vault to an Online Vault (as suggested by the Password Manager)?  FWIW, the Local Vault wil only continue to work with Intgernet Explorer, all other browsers use only the Online Vault.

As you can see answers are needed to the above questons so we can figure out exactly what your set up is so we can provide accurate answers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

I'm using the newest Norton from comcast with IE11. I'm just wondering if others set up the Online Safety with the Add ins? I think it creates something called the Vault for passwords and the Norton toolbar.

@tstack 

Here's some info in reference to your quesion:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v63577241_identity_safe_standalone_1_en_u...

I have in fact set up Norton Password Manager on a WIN 7 system with Norton Security Online installed and it works quite well with IE.  

I do have all three (Norton Security Toolbar, Norto Safe Search and the Norton Password Manager enabled).  Be advised, if you curently use a Local Vault, you will lose it once you enable and set up th Online Vault.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!