Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Norton Good or Bad?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Norton Good or Bad?

Any opinions on how good Norton from Comcast is these days?

Also, is there a place that I can read up on all it provides etc.  I wonder if there is realtime protection with the Free From Comcast Version?

Okay, I think I found it.

https://constantguard.xfinity.com/products-and-services/norton-security-suite/

It doesn't look to bad, and I'm having issues with Avast.  I will post this here for reference.

• Actively protects you from viruses, spam, and social media dangers.
    Restores lost PC horsepower and boosts performance.
    Deep-cleansing tools scour and disinfect even the nastiest infections that lesser products miss.
    Automatically backs up everything important to you to local storage.
    Remembers, secures, and automatically enters your usernames and passwords using Identity Safe, so they can't be lost or stolen.
    Shows all the devices connected to your home network, so you can spot uninvited guests using your wireless connection.
    Easy to install and use.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions

Re: Norton Good or Bad?

H BadR7,

Some addtional info you may be interested in:

Norton Performance: For more detailed information about Norton product performance tests, please see:

AV-TEST, “Best Protection 2016 Award,” February 2017

AV-TEST, “Product Review and Certification Report,” September-October 2017

PassMark Software, “Consumer Security Products Performance Benchmarks (Edition 1),” November 2017

As a long time Norton user myself, I am partial to Norton - others may have other opinions, however, I beleive what plays nicely  with the way you use your system and your trust of the product is the "proof in the pudding" so to speak.  There are trails availble for all the major protection software, so only you can make the decision which is best for you.  

All Replies

H BadR7,

Some addtional info you may be interested in:

Norton Performance: For more detailed information about Norton product performance tests, please see:

AV-TEST, “Best Protection 2016 Award,” February 2017

AV-TEST, “Product Review and Certification Report,” September-October 2017

PassMark Software, “Consumer Security Products Performance Benchmarks (Edition 1),” November 2017

As a long time Norton user myself, I am partial to Norton - others may have other opinions, however, I beleive what plays nicely  with the way you use your system and your trust of the product is the "proof in the pudding" so to speak.  There are trails availble for all the major protection software, so only you can make the decision which is best for you.  

Regular Contributor

Thanks USAF_E-8_RET.  I am not getting Notifications for this site so I appologise for the late reply.  I will take it for a test drive as much as I dislike Uninstalling and reinstalling things LOL.  

Thank you for your Service!