Community Forum

Norton Cancelled ( highly irritated )

Frequent Visitor

Norton Cancelled ( highly irritated )

I had Comcast/Xfinity Internet for quite a while with Norton anti-virus supplied to me through Comcast. I canceled the Wi-Fi for A period of time eventually turning it back on but Norton will not let the program download error message states something to the nature of “Subscription Cancelled”. I called Comcasta 25 to 30 min phone call for them to tell me I needed to call Norton. After on the phone with Norton 10 to 15 min they tell me that Comcast had Cancelled my pin. Advised me that I needed to call Comcast and just tell them I need a new pin and that would fix it. So for about 2 to 4 days I havent vevn got the wont to anymore. Tired of trying to fix my security issue when it’s not my problem to fix. So ive had no protection because Comcast and Norton wont take care of there own problem they are leaving people like me Unprotected. Now if they dont and people start getting breached, Anger, Rebellious and wanting Revenge with Lawsuits and Boycotts. So will Comcast and Norton Please pull together and stop this game of jeopardizing Customers Personal Infromation. Before its too late. Thanks very much
Highlighted

Re: Norton Cancelled ( highly irritated )

@Worloc65

First of all thanks for reposting minus your personal data.  I understand your frustration and hopefully we can figure this out.

You stated:

"I had Comcast/Xfinity Internet for quite a while with Norton anti-virus supplied to me through Comcast. I canceled the Wi-Fi for A period of time eventually turning it back on...."

By the above do you mean that you cancelled the Internet portion of your Comcast product?  I ask as canceling Internet will also terminate your free Norton coverage and actually invalidate the PIN used to control your Norton product.  That is why Norton said, "Comcast had Cancelled my pin".

The following link may help you:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security-suite/current/solutions/kb20100602120242EN_EndUs...?

If not, please let us know where in the instructions things went astray.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!