Community Forum

NSO very bad

Regular Visitor

NSO very bad

It seems to be getting worse and worse. And , yes, I've uninstalled and re-installed several times. First off it seems like every day there's another website that doesn't accept the auto fill for sign ins. Some I can fool be erasing the last letter or digit and typing it back in. Of course I often need to go into the vault to see what the password is. Totally defeats the purpose. Sometimes I must erase the entire field and re-enter. Often it seems that the auto fill, even if I do one of the above, triggers a captcha and this is really like being condemned to hll  sometimes. I've had to go through as many as 6 or 7 of these before it accepts that I'm human.

Secondly is the unending problems with even opening the password vault. Like this morning. Open up IE 11.847 and click on the vault button on the toolbar and nothing happens. Go to the hidden icons in the tray and open the Norton Security, go into online safety and click on the vault from there : nothing. Go on line and sign into My Norton and I can get into the online vault and see everything. But still no auto fill any where. Still no response from the toolbar. After signing in online I was able to get the "Toolbar Options" button on the toolbar to "open password manager settings". Which opens a dialogue box saying that my vault isn't open , please sign in. Then, finally, the vault auto fill works online. I know this is a freebie and like they say, you get what you pay for.  But I would think that as big a company as Comcast is they could get a better security program to give their customers. This is pathetic and only getting worse. Seems everday is a gamble on what will work and what won't. It shouldn't take me 15 minutes to get it working every day.

Highlighted

Re: NSO very bad

"It seems to be getting worse and worse. And , yes, I've uninstalled and re-installed several times. First off it seems like every day there's another website that doesn't accept the auto fill for sign ins. Some I can fool be erasing the last letter or digit and typing it back in. Of course I often need to go into the vault to see what the password is. Totally defeats the purpose. Sometimes I must erase the entire field and re-enter. Often it seems that the auto fill, even if I do one of the above, triggers a captcha and this is really like being condemned to hll sometimes. I've had to go through as many as 6 or 7 of these before it accepts that I'm human."

Please note the following can not be accomplished unless you have access to your vault, so you may be better off trying to gain acess via the second part this reply prior to working on the Auto-Fill situation.

In regards to your auto-fill situation, not a fix, but some things you can verify to make sure the cause of the situaton you are encountering is not a setting:

- Select the three dots on the Norton Tool Bar > from the drop down select Open Norton Password Manager Settings > go to the Browsing Tab and make selections as shown below (especially the Filling):

Browsing.PNG

Next, Select the Vault is Open on the Norton Toolbar > select Open Password Manager from the dropdown. Locate a login that does not autofill at present > double click on it to display the contents of it - you should see something smimilar to the following (but with info entered on it) Ensure Auto-Fill/Auto-Submit are both checked. In order to change these settings, select Edit > make the changes and then Save and Close. Selecting Auto-Submit will check mark both Auto-Fill and Auto-Submit:

Auto-fill.PNG 

" Secondly is the unending problems with even opening the password vault. Like this morning. Open up IE 11.847 and click on the vault button on the toolbar and nothing happens. Go to the hidden icons in the tray and open the Norton Security, go into online safety and click on the vault from there : nothing. Go on line and sign into My Norton and I can get into the online vault and see everything. But still no auto fill any where. Still no response from the toolbar. After signing in online I was able to get the "Toolbar Options" button on the toolbar to "open password manager settings". Which opens a dialogue box saying that my vault isn't open , please sign in. Then, finally, the vault auto fill works online. I know this is a freebie and like they say, you get what you pay for. But I would think that as big a company as Comcast is they could get a better security program to give their customers. This is pathetic and only getting worse. Seems everday is a gamble on what will work and what won't. It shouldn't take me 15 minutes to get it working every day."

The following info was supplied on the Norton Forum by user SecurePC. I have tested this and it is a work around that may or may not survive a cold boot. (Please note I have added a step between Step 3 and 4.
https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8077441#comment-8077441
(1) Live Update to ensure the latest updates are installed (in case it was corrected by something Symantec did on their end).
(2) Sign out of the Norton account by opening Norton Security and clicking on your email address at the top and sign out.
(3) Restart the computer.
Login to your Norton Account (using the main Norton splash screen - where you signed out in the step 2 above)
(4) Login to the vault.
(5) Restart again and verify whether the problem has been fixed.

Please note that Norton has been notified of this situation and is working on gathering logs and trying to duplicate the inabiliy to sign into vaults via the "normal" methods.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Tried this all this morning. Interesting. Reminded me of yet another anomaly that shows up intermitently. I followed your procedure and from a restart it was fine. Permanent fix? We'll see. But since you did mention your doubt about it surviving a cold boot I tried that. I went to the toolbar vault tab as per my usual approach. When I clicked on it I got a tiny little dialogue box saying "restart needed". Pretty curious since I had just started the computer! So I went to the Norton Security Online main program but rather than sign in at the top I went to the Online Security tab at the bottom and opened it to access the password vault tab and sign in from there. It worked perfectly. In fact it did not ask for two sign ins like it typically does these days, one for the online vault and one for the local vault. Just a sign in for the local vault.

As for the auto fill of passwords I just want to say that I had started to uncheck the auto-submit because it would in some cases create and loop of filling, rejecting, filling, rejecting, until I told the vault to ignoire the page so that I could manually fill in. Credit card websites seem particularly bad. Ironically auto submit on the Xfinity website consistently yields an "unable to locate web page" screen. T- Mobile completely rejects but stays still long enough for me to try my erase the last digit trick. It erases it but the cursor jumps to the beginning of the phone numer, which is still there but seemingly unseen. I jump back to the end and fill in the last digit but from the beginning of my erasing one number trick it has erased the entire password as well. Ebay rejects the sign in and flips quickly through some help page that must ask for my email address, I'm not sure it goes so fast, which must also be auto filled and submitted because then I end up on a page that says "An eBay account with this email already exists". Capital One completely ignores the auto fill, nothing is submitted. If I hit the sign in tab it asks me to fill in the fields that are sitting there filled in. Chase is a total hit and miss affair. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's just like Capital One.

Anyway, you get the idea. By the way. all of that I went through after making sure the auto submit was checked. Thanks.

@atomheart411

Not sure you desire to pursue this, but there is an option to report sign in problems to Norton:

Navigate to a site that causes a log-in problem,  select Vault is Open,  then select the Options drop down arrow

Options.PNG 

Next select the Report this Site and follow the instructions provided:

Report an issue.PNG

Sorry the images are such low quality.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!