Community Forum

Is Norton Suite no longer free from Comcast ?

New Poster

Is Norton Suite no longer free from Comcast ?

I can not find the link to download Norton suite for free on Comcast's website.  Has Comcast discontinued this free perk to their loyal customers ?

Also, if Norton Suite is still being offered for free, I need the direct link to that download.  All the downloads I have found

on Comcast all want 40.00 dollars a year.   If it is no longer free, why are we coming to Comcast for it ?

Re: Is Norton Suite no longer free from Comcast ?

Hi alice0 and welcome to the forums,

The following link provides instructions for the initial install of Comcast's Norton Security Suite:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-to-Initially-Instal-Norton-Security-Suite/ta-p/30...

If you run into more problems, installing it , please let us know and we'll be glad to assist you!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

is a joke Xfinity rip off.. No free way to get Norton they cannot even help a loyal customer wheen I called! to get Norton free, false advertisment!

@ironlion814 wrote:

is a joke Xfinity rip off.. No free way to get Norton they cannot even help a loyal customer wheen I called! to get Norton free, false advertisment!

@ironlion814

I hate to disagree with your opinion, but Norton Security Online is free and available to Comcast Customers.  Not sure if you called Comcast or Norton, but please see the following link and let us know how things go for you when you try the free installation.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-Norton-Security-Online-and-H...

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

@ironlion814,

Have you tried to use the following link that is also posted above?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-to-Initially-Instal-Norton-Security-Suite/ta-p/30...

Please try it and let us know if you rn into any problems installing the free Norton version offered by Xfinity.

New Poster

I was able to download & install Norton by following the links above through Xfinity but now a month later i’m Being told by Norton that was only a free trial and now I need to pay them. So is Xfinity covering Norton or not?

@tbannwart

• Exactly which link did you use?    Norton Security onLine or Norton security Suite?
  • Did you create a Norton Account or did you select Returning User?
  • Did you previously have a retail copy of Norton installed?
  • Were you logged into your primary Comcast account when you initially downloaded Norton.  By being logged into your Comcast Account it hold auto activate and not be a trial.

Plese answer the above questions and we'll try to figure this out for you.

Regular Visitor

@USAF_E-8_RET wrote:

@ironlion814 wrote:

@ironlion814

I hate to disagree with your opinion, but Norton Security Online is free and available to Comcast Customers.  Not sure if you called Comcast or Norton, but please see the following link and let us know how things go for you when you try the free installation.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-Norton-Security-Online-and-H...

I have Norton installed from Comcast on a desktop and a laptop.  It was easy to install and was and is free.  

Frequent Visitor

I've been advised by my computer expert that Norton is the worst anti virus program and that they tell you you have a virus when you don't. Can't find anyone with a trustworthy answer. Help!!!!

@UsualSuspect

@UsualSuspect wrote:

I've been advised by my computer expert that Norton is the worst anti virus program and that they tell you you have a virus when you don't. Can't find anyone with a trustworthy answer. Help!!!!

Does that include your computer expert? 

Why not Google for AV test results by a reliable source and make your own decision?