Community Forum

Is Norton Suite no longer free from Comcast ?

New Poster

Is Norton Suite no longer free from Comcast ?

I can not find the link to download Norton suite for free on Comcast's website.  Has Comcast discontinued this free perk to their loyal customers ?

Also, if Norton Suite is still being offered for free, I need the direct link to that download.  All the downloads I have found

on Comcast all want 40.00 dollars a year.   If it is no longer free, why are we coming to Comcast for it ?

Re: Is Norton Suite no longer free from Comcast ?

Hi alice0 and welcome to the forums,

The following link provides instructions for the initial install of Comcast's Norton Security Suite:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-to-Initially-Instal-Norton-Security-Suite/ta-p/30...

If you run into more problems, installing it , please let us know and we'll be glad to assist you!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

is a joke Xfinity rip off.. No free way to get Norton they cannot even help a loyal customer wheen I called! to get Norton free, false advertisment!

@ironlion814 wrote:

is a joke Xfinity rip off.. No free way to get Norton they cannot even help a loyal customer wheen I called! to get Norton free, false advertisment!

@ironlion814

I hate to disagree with your opinion, but Norton Security Online is free and available to Comcast Customers.  Not sure if you called Comcast or Norton, but please see the following link and let us know how things go for you when you try the free installation.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-Norton-Security-Online-and-H...

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

@ironlion814,

Have you tried to use the following link that is also posted above?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-to-Initially-Instal-Norton-Security-Suite/ta-p/30...

Please try it and let us know if you rn into any problems installing the free Norton version offered by Xfinity.

New Poster

I was able to download & install Norton by following the links above through Xfinity but now a month later i’m Being told by Norton that was only a free trial and now I need to pay them. So is Xfinity covering Norton or not?

@tbannwart

• Exactly which link did you use?    Norton Security onLine or Norton security Suite?
  • Did you create a Norton Account or did you select Returning User?
  • Did you previously have a retail copy of Norton installed?
  • Were you logged into your primary Comcast account when you initially downloaded Norton.  By being logged into your Comcast Account it hold auto activate and not be a trial.

Plese answer the above questions and we'll try to figure this out for you.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@USAF_E-8_RET wrote:

@ironlion814 wrote:

@ironlion814

I hate to disagree with your opinion, but Norton Security Online is free and available to Comcast Customers.  Not sure if you called Comcast or Norton, but please see the following link and let us know how things go for you when you try the free installation.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-Norton-Security-Online-and-H...

I have Norton installed from Comcast on a desktop and a laptop.  It was easy to install and was and is free.  

Frequent Visitor

I've been advised by my computer expert that Norton is the worst anti virus program and that they tell you you have a virus when you don't. Can't find anyone with a trustworthy answer. Help!!!!

@UsualSuspect

@UsualSuspect wrote:

I've been advised by my computer expert that Norton is the worst anti virus program and that they tell you you have a virus when you don't. Can't find anyone with a trustworthy answer. Help!!!!

Does that include your computer expert? 

Why not Google for AV test results by a reliable source and make your own decision?

New Poster

go to xfinity home page scroll to very bottom it is there just click 
Norton.png

Silver Problem Solver

I wonder if some of the original posts were for the old, not online, version of Norton Security Suite.

The responses direct to the Online version.

New Poster

Well Norton solved my issue.  Going thru the xfinity site then to download Norton it was saying pin # associated with different account, it turned out to be my email address. when I originally signed up for Norton it was @ comcat.net - notice its missing the ' s ' in Comcast. That's why it wouldn't let me download or use the pin # because the email address wasn't the same as when I originally signed up. I was typing in @ Comcast so it never worked or could possible send a password re-set because the email was wrong. It's probably my error, but Norton connected to my computer, seen the error in the email, resolved the issue, set up the correct email & downloaded remotely to make sure all was working well. They were extremely helpful. It took some time to get it straightened out, but all is up & running now. I'd suggest to anyone with an issue to contact Norton they can view/see the account directly & find out what's going on. 

@bigalwillis

Yes, Norton Support can do a lot more when your acount is involved, such as old or incorrect email address associated with your account.  I am just a customer as you are and am volunteering my time to assist - where I can.  Once we get into the accounts, etc, Norton Support is the answer.  Glad you got it all sorted out and thanks for  replying with what solvd it for you - god info for other users.

@commanguy,

What you say may be true, the older posts did concern NSS, but NSO is the current download for Comcast users.   NSS is no longer available for download on the Comcast site.

Silver Problem Solver

Thanks, was wondering if NSS was still available.

Silver Problem Solver

Also just wondering your impressions of the Online version.

Have you tried it on a mobile device (phone or tablet)?

@commanguy

@commanguy wrote:

Also just wondering your impressions of the Online version.

Have you tried it on a mobile device (phone or tablet)?

My set-up.:

• I have a WIN 10 PC and a WIN 10 Laptop running the retail version of Norton Security Premium which includes Norton Mobile which I am running on two Android phones, as well as my iPad.
  • I also have a WIN 7 PC that I is running Comcast's Norton Security Online
  • Since I Set up Norton Mobile on the retail version of Norton Security Premium, I already had a Norton Account and a Norton Password Manager (former identity Safe Vault) already set up.  Thus I did not really have to do anything with NSO as far as my mobile devices go as they were covered by my Norton Security Premium

NSO in itself is the same as the retail version and also like NSS it comes with all the protection afforded in he retail product. 

The biggest changes I have seen from NSS to NSO:

• The addition of free Mobile Device protection (which had been a purchasable in the former NSS). 
  • It also has interface to add multiple devices within the Norton product (up to 5 devices - down from 7 with NSS).
  • Of course it also requires the set-up of a Norton Account and using Norton Password Manager in the cloud for the Mobile devices.

Just a suggestion, if going from NSS  (with a Local Vault) to NSO, be sure to Export your log-ins (as a backup) prior to doing anything else.

Hope this answers your questions, please post back if you have any specific questions.

New Poster

where can i find free anit virues for comcast

@bettyboopy212 

Is this what you are looking for?

New Poster

This does not seem to be included for Comcast business accounts anymore.  The only option I see is to pay $4.95 per month for a subscription.

@mocarey 

I am not a Comcast Business user, but have located the following info:

The following confirms your sentiments:
https://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Security-Anti-Virus/Disappointed-With-Comcast-Biz-Class-B...

The following confirms the price:
https://cloudsolutions.comcast.com/apps/4352/norton-internet-security#!overview

Sorry I coulodnot provide more help!

Official Employee

Hi All, 

Norton is still a free subscription for all Xfinity Internet customers. 

Norton Security Online is the updated version of Norton software that is available to Xfinity Internet customers at no additional charge and can be downloaded from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com

Some folks may be using Norton Security Suite, the previous version of this complimentary Norton service. Norton supports both products.

To be eligible for Norton Security Online, users must have an Xfinity Internet subscription and the primary account must complete the registration. Not available for Xfinity Prepaid Internet customers.

If you are a Comcast business class customer, you can purchase Norton™ security software in the Cloud Solutions marketplace.

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.