Community Forum

Included Norton Antivirus 5 license limitation and a lack of a good upgrade path(s)

New Poster

Included Norton Antivirus 5 license limitation and a lack of a good upgrade path(s)

It's nice that Comcast Internet includes Norton Antivirus BUT only providing 5 licenses for a household is nowhere near enough.   My phone, tablet and computer use 3 licenses.  My wife's phone and computer use another 2.  Our home theatre PC uses something else, as well as the other members of our household.  The license limit ought to be something more like 10 or 15. 

Also, the Norton upgrade path offered shows me no discounts for already having 5 licenses from Comcast and is as confusing as could be.  The implementation of this feature has a lot to be desired.

Re: Included Norton Antivirus 5 license limitation and a lack of a good upgrade path(s)

@VTSkibum 

I hear ya - however (you knew that was coming),  Norton Security Online (free from Comcast) is not unusual in that it only provides 5 licenses.    The most popular retail versions of Norton only provides 5 licenses.  

Actually you are getting a pretty good deal, as you are receiving coverage for 5 devices free.  Think about the non-Comcast users who have to purchase multiple licenses if they exceed the number of licenses permitted.  

In regards to the upgrade path for Comcast users desiring coverage on more devices, please see the following link:

https://us.norton.com/xfinity-nsd?VENDORID=COMCAST2

I personally only run NSO (Comcast version) on one WIN 7 PC (in order to be able to assist in this forum) and have subscribed to the retail version of the new Norton 360 Deluxe  which includes more than the Comcast version does.  Info on Norton 360 Deluxe can be found in the following link:

https://us.norton.com/norton-security-antivirus?inid=nortoncom_nav_norton-security-antivirus_product...

Just my personal opinion but I find the VPN on Norton 360 Deluxe very useful on my mobile devices in lieu of the free Comcast NSO.   

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!