Community Forum

I think my internet is getting hacked.

Highlighted
New Poster

I think my internet is getting hacked.

I didn't know where to put this, but I think my account keeps getting hacked. Every so often my speeds drop next to nothing like someone else is using my internet. Just this morning my computer restarted for no reason. I just reset my password, so I hope that helps. Now it seems I have to log back into just about every website that I have been going to. I was using Avast, but that didn't seem to help. I wanted to use chat to contact an agent, but I didn't want to seem paranoid or something. I've had to reinstall Windows about 4 times to make sure no viruses or malware was on the hard drives. It just seemed kind of strange that my computer would restart without an update for no reason.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: I think my internet is getting hacked.

I have the same issue! I moved to our current address and almost immediately began experiencing just about every symptom you described. I almost wanted to ask if you lived nearby or in the same city. It’s unfortunate that no one has replied with any more incidents. I just want you to know that you are not the only customer.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: I think my internet is getting hacked.

I have experienced the same issues described so far and a few others. On August 29 I contacted comcast techincal support. I had already been dealing with the slow down internet speeds for at least a week. It made it impossible to load a browser page on my phone or watch anything on Netflix or Prime Video. The timing seemed random, one evening it would be terrible and then the next everything worked as normal. I should add that I live in an apartment, I have exceptional internet speeds, I did not make any changes or add any new devices to my wifi network. When I contacted technical support they changed the channel I was on. It did seem to make a difference for a week or two and then the slow downs began again. I have also received numerous alerts that the Advanced Security of my Wifi blocked threats made to my Netvue wifi camera. The alerts say the threats are blocked but to take action to secure the device. Yesterday at 3:14 am I received this alert and an email saying my password was changed at the same exact time. I looked at my account and my password was not changed. I forwarded the email to comcast abuse for review. I would really like some help sorting this out. I have unplugged my camera but still feel concerned about the situation.