Community Forum

How Do I Put My Free Xfinity Norton Security on My New Windows 10 Computer?

Contributor

How Do I Put My Free Xfinity Norton Security on My New Windows 10 Computer?

Just bought a new computer and would like to know how I can download my free Norton Security onto the new computer.  Thanks for any advice.

Contributor

Re: How Do I Put My Free Xfinity Norton Security on My New Windows 10 Computer?

I also plan to keep on using my old computer for some things.  Can Norton be used on both computers with no problems?  The new computer comes with a free trial offer of another security company, but I prefer to stick with my free Norton from Xfinity.

Contributor

I used the link provided in the above sticky threads once I read that the free Norton from Xfinity can be used on more than one computer at a time, I only have two now.

https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/products-and-services/norton-security-online/

When I got on my new computer and attempted to download the Norton, it kept telling me that my user name or password was wrong.  The user name and password is the same ones I use to log into my Xfinity account and email, there were no errors made.

My new computer has the Edge browser, is this a problem with the Norton free subscription?  The computer is an HP laptop 17-BY1053DX.  

Please give me some advice, because I don't want to do anything with the new computer until my security is set up and active, thanks.

Contributor

I'm posting about using the free Norton on my new computer without losing Norton security on my old computer, which I will still be using for some things.

I'd like to be assured that I can use the free service on both computers.  I have written down my past Norton #, which is a 13 digit number, if that helps to have that now.

Hoping to hear a response soon, thanks.

PS:  Is there a way to look up all my old threads here on this forum, I went to my profile and only saw the last few?

Expert

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-Norton-Security-Online-and-H...

You can install it on up to 5 computers.

Screenshot.png 

Use the above selection to see all of your posts.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks @EG for confirming that you can load it onto a total of 5 computers.

Do you know why on the Norton site in the link did not recognize my only and frequently used Xfinity Comcast user name and password?  I'll try it again but yesterday it kept telling me worn user name or password.

Also, should I use my Norton 13 digit code to put it on my new laptop?

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to me, much appreciated.

Contributor

@EG, I have not been able to sign in with my Comcast ID and password, and I did verify them by clicking on their link and verifying my home address.  I have been using my new computer to try and log on to download Norton on it.

On the Norton site, it did show my Norton Pin number correctly, but that didn't help me get past the sign on.  Can you advise what to do?

@JD2016 

Sorry for the delay in responding - I will use the excuse that I was in Hawaii celebrating my 50th Wedding Anniversay.

First a few comments/questions:

• You must uninstall any free/trail version of antivirus on your new PC - yes even if it is Norton.  If you need assisatcne with that, you can ask, but please tell us which antivirus it is so we can guide you to the correct  uninstall method.
  • There is  difference between the log-in for Norton and the log-in for your Norton Account:  Hopefully the following link will provide you information that will clear things up for you.           How to access your Norton Account
    https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v40464262
  • The following link which @EG  so kindly provided previously should permit you to install on the new PC:                                                                                                                                                         https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-Norton-Security-Online-and-H...
  • It is possible to install Norton Security Online (NSO) on your new PC by using the NSO already installed on your older PC by following the following intructions:                                         https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/norton-security-download-install-pc                             

Please lt us know how things go and if you need anything explained in more depth or have other questions.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!