Community Forum

Home network indicates weak security after IOS 14.0 update

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Home network indicates weak security after IOS 14.0 update

This worked... had to hunt for the view netwok option, but once i got there, I could change WAP2.  Need to grab the window that pops up really fast or it seems to take on an assumed change before you have a chance to select the new setting.   Rebooted the router and all is good.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks Jessie for the information you shared it was most helpful. The problem was fixed much appreciated...... 

Thanks again

Jeff Hunter

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes, I went to my Xfinity app
View networks
See networks
On this page there is a pencil in the upper right hand corner
Select it and you will be on a page that shows my WiFi is set to
Wpa/Wpa2. Tape security on the right and you have three scroll options
Open
Wpa2
Wpa/wpa2

I haven’t changed my setting to Wpa2 but that might be the answer
Highlighted
New Poster

WPA3 is the best current form of security. It is also not available to my knowledge with Comcast. If you are using just words for your password or a combination of words and numbers, IOS may not consider it safe. Try using a combination of 2 uppercase, 2 lowercase and a combination of numbers as well. Break$aReNotG00d
Highlighted
New Poster

Did this work for you?  If so, how did you do it?  I can't reach anyone at Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: IOS 14 Weak Security Flag for xFinity / Comcast WiFi

Yes. The only way to fix this is to change it using the app. Welcome to the world of apps doing one thing, and websites doing another. Stupid.

Highlighted
New Poster

I went through the whole issue with xfinity via chat. Yesterday I chatted with one rep who said he woiuld fix the security and that within an hour the message shoiuld not recur. It never did change so I chatted again today with a different rep who said the advanced security of xfinity is in place and it is WPA2. The message still occurs but the rep reassured me that my WiFi network is secure. It does not help a lot in reducing my concern when the message on my iPhone of Ipad continues to say "weak security". 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Home network indicates weak security after IOS 14.2 update

So this has not been solved -- Come Xfinity -- fix the problem. I am on a live chat and the person I am chatting is not helpful. I am frustrated that I keep getting a "Weak Security" alert on my iPhone.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Download Xfinity app on your phone if you don’t have it.
Tap: View Network Details
Tap: See Network
There is a pencil icon upper right corner. Tap it
It will take you to page that has
Security on it. Tap it and you can scroll to WPA2
Tap apply changes
Highlighted
Contributor

After you apply changes I believe it says Done. Tap that. You may have to unplug router for a few minutes and plug it back in for changes to occur. I didn’t have to and it updated to WPA2 and iPhone didn’t show security problem message anymore.
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes, it worked.
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks. Simple fix. Wondering why two different xfinity techs couldn’t figure it out. Hummmm.
Highlighted
Contributor

Big company.
Highlighted
New Poster

I have attempted to follow your ComcastJessie provided directions, and in the process was struck with a little fear that I'm possibly about to change more things than I want to.

After selecting Edit WiFi the pop-up box includes not only the ability to change from WPA/WPA2 to simply WPA2, it also highlights in red Using different names and passwords for 2.4 and 5Ghz ......and Broadcast name for 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Even after unchecking those check boxes the Apply Changes choice remains greyed out, and red highlighted warnings still remain. 

Please attempt to be more complete and comprehensive in what selections we need to make and whether there will be other ramifications, such as new names and passwords for respective 2.4 and 5GHz networks and our other connected devices.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Contributor

I didn’t have that problem when I changed mine to WPA2.
Highlighted
Contributor

I do have an older modem. Not the XF i