Community Forum

Has my isp been hacked or compromised?

New Poster

Has my isp been hacked or compromised?

I got a call from 89501295695 saying my isp has been hacked.  Is this accurate?  What can I do? Thanks. I am wondering if this is an issue on my phone instead of internet provider.

Official Employee

Re: Has my isp been hacked or compromised?

Hello, jackdyson2. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I certainly understand your concern about the phone call. You can rest assured that we have not been hacked. If there were any security issues we would most likely reach out to you by email first directing you to contact our Customer Security Assurance line for more information.

If you would like me to look further into the account you can always send me a PM with your first and last name so I can look over the account.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

That's a Russian phone number. It's not legit. Ignore it

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

thanks.  that was my guess.

Official Employee

No worries. If you need assistance in the future, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.