Community Forum

Getting an Xfinity code texted every morning

Contributor

Getting an Xfinity code texted every morning

Between 2am and 4am EST starting 6/20 I get an Xfinity code texted to me every morning.

I have two factor authentication turned on.

There are only two people on the account and the other person would have no reason to access my account not to mention they are sleeping at that time.

So I am guessing it is someone trying to reset my password to gain access to my account.

I'm not overly concerned about it because I feel secure with the 2FA but I still don't like someone trying every day to access my account.

I called customer service and they weren't able to really help. The only thing they suggested was to change my secondary email address (Gmail).

Would tech support be able to trace the source of the attempts? Could they even do anything about it?

Or is something else happening? Any ideas?
Official Employee

Re: Getting an Xfinity code texted every morning

Greetings, garya1! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear that you keep getting a notification between these hours. That's certainly annoying! But at least the 2FA is doing its job. With something like this, you would want to call the Comcast's Customer Security Assurance ( CSA ) team. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329. If you need any further assistance, feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I can assist you with any other questions.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Getting an Xfinity code texted every morning

Hello, garya1. I have not heard back from you and hope the issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!