Community Forum

Frustrated with Support

Frequent Visitor

Frustrated with Support

About three weeks ago I began recieving a pop up on my email page regarding invalid crededntials on my wife's email account.  She is a User on my account.  Since then I have talked to at least ten Comcast agents regarding this issue.  Each time I speak to someone new I have to repeat the description of the problem and we repeat the exact same troubleshooting steps.  To date I have been issued four seperate work orders

Each time the troubleshooting efforts are unsuccessful I'm promised that it will kicked up to another level of support.

Last Friday I was informed that I would be recieving a call from someone at an upper level of support.  Saturday morning I recieved a call.  She was unable to resolve the issue to she forwarded me to someone else who informed me that there was an open work order and that I needed to wait for a call back. I said that, well isn't that who just called me?  I was informed that wasn't the case and needed to wait.

It's Monday and I guess I'm still wating for a call back from Friday.

Each person I've talked to is friendly but that isn't the issue.

We've been loyal Comcast subscribers since 1997 and have encourated friends and co-workers to consider Comcast.  At this point we're considering makeing a change.

Problem Solver

Re: Frustrated with Support

I sporadically get the pop-up message about validating my email credentials.  To get around it, I just enter my current password and the pop-up goes away (sometimes takes a couple or more tries).  I'm using MS Outlook 2013 for email on my desktop.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the prompt response. We've performed this step at least five times and it does not remove the pop up. What it does is create problems for my wife's email where we have to reinstall her email.

Official Employee

Hi Bergie, 

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Sorry for the experience you're having with the pop-up regarding your wife's email credentials. We can help get down to the bottom of this. 

• What email platform are you using? Outlook, Thunderbird, etc... 
  • Are you guys using the Xfinity Connect App? 
  • Can you please try using the xfinity.net portal to see if the problem occurs there as well? 
  • Are you connected to your In-Home WiFi network, or using cellular data when this occurs? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

• Regarding the platform:  I believe I'm using Edge
  • We access my email on our iPads and iPhone via the connect app
  • We access my email via Xfinity.com portal
  • We use an Xfinity provided router.

I do not have the error issue using the app on our Apple devices

Per Comcast instruction we accessed my email using Google Chrome and recieved the same error message.

I have talked to 8-10 different Comcast personnel over the last month.  On June 15th I was informed that my issue was being assigned to another level and that I would be recieving a call. The next day I did recieve a call but she was unable to resolve the issue. I was forwarded to someone who informed me that the call I recieved that mornintg was not in response to the call I recieved on June 15th.  He informed me that I needed to await the call back. To date I have recieved a call back but I do seem to have an open work order CR851176290.  I believe this is the fourth work order number assigned to the same issue.   

As I stated earlier, we are long time Comcast customers, who up until recently, were very satisfied with Comast.   We are not satisfied at the point.

Official Employee

Bergie, thank you for the additional details! We definitely appreciate your loyalty and we'd like to get to the bottom of this once and for all. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to review this further together. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Admin1

Bergie -- Thank you for working with us via PM. I am pleased to hear that getting you over to our Security Assurance team was the right avenue to get this resolved. Please let us know if anything else comes up and we'll get you taken care of.

Problem Solver

Can the resolution be shared with the Community for future reference?

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Frequent Visitor

The resolution to the pop up error message was updating the password for the secondary user.  However, it seems that this was tried several times in the early troubleshooting efforts so I'm not sure why it worked this time.  What we didn't resolve was why this occured to begin with.

The unfortunate part of this experience was the amount of time it took to get to the right person.