Community Forum

End-of-service announcement for NortonLifeLock subscription offered by Comcast

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: End-of-service announcement for NortonLifeLock subscription offered by Comcast

We keep giving ($$$$) and they keep taking away.  Their customer service has declined; removed movie channels; deceptive relating to internet speed; equipment reliability has declined;  etc...now removing what I've considered one of the justifications for using their internet service..Norton.  Why do I stay?????  Because they have monopolized the industry.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: End-of-service announcement for NortonLifeLock subscription offered by Comcast

Truely sad and cost cutting move by Xfinity.  With all the internet traps out there that are getting smarter all the time, Norton is a needed add-on to all computers.  I can't tell you how many alerts I get when just doing the normal surfing.  

So, if I don't pay for Norton separately, how will my XiFi work, when Norton alerts come immediately.  Pop up on my tv?  Or maybe just logged?

Norton does device scanning for viruses too.   XiFi does not.  An email telling us that their replacement is good enough is bad customer service.

Time to research my replacement softwaare and line up costs.

I know business is business but ...

Highlighted
Contributor

All Xfi seems to do is stop you from accessing the websites which Comcast has decided are "dangerous." I have no idea how it makes that decision, but it was stopping me from accessing perfectly safe websites, so I disabled xFi. It has no ability to protect your PC or other devices from virus infection.

Highlighted
New Poster

This is truly and deeply unethical and unnacceptable on so many levels. Charging more for the service is one thing. But charging more and REMOVING A CRITICAL ACCESSORY that has been a standard feature for years on top of that is straight-up immoral. And then to go and openly try and mislead customers into thinking that you are replacing it with an equivalent option is cartoonishly evil. And during a national crisis too boot.  But they don't care. 'Cause they don't have to. Everyone in leadership at Comcast who made this decision should be ashamed of themselves. This is just wrong. And you KNOW IT. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Norton Antivirus Canceling 2021

We need to engage in an aggressive social medial compaign to combat this.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Norton cancellation? UNACCEPTABLE!

Norton has sold their product line to Broadcom in late 2019.  Broadcom told me that there has been no continuing development of Norton since 2017.  Broadcom is a nightmare to deal with and I tell my clients to get off Norton as it's time has passed.  Buying Symantec endpoint took me a week and a half to get the license number once I bought it online.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I've decided this was a blessing in disguise, at least for those of us on Macs.  I did a complete removal of Norton from my Macs and replaced it with the paid (but inexpensive) version of MalwareBytes and my machine is running significantly faster and smoother after the change.  I had lost track of how bloated Norton had become - and this is a most welcome change.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: No more Norton? Or Antivirus?

A little technical background on my skill set.  I am a retired IT Consultant that specialized in SMS/SCCM (System Management Server & System Center Configuration Manager).  I have been working in IT since the DOS days and have been an MCSE since 2000.  So what is the purpose of this letter?

Comcast/Xfinity/AT&T has/had a serious security flaw with their wireless gateways.  It presents during the process of

configuring the modem (wireless gateway 3, ARRIS TG1682G) for the first time.  I was able to administer my neighbors modem remotely from my home, and have screen shots of their previous configuration.  As a matter of security, the first thing I configured was to change the admin password immediately.  However, in fact, it was my neighbors system –not mine!

After looking at the connected devices, I knew that the network was not my own.  Their home is multiple houses down the block from ours!  I have since re-configured their modem, taught them how to enable advanced security, and installed anti-malware & Norton’s ID Safe for them.  I have always believed in the old adage, that “if

you give a man a fish -he eats for a day, but if you teach him to fish, he eats for life.”

I contacted the local Comcast Support intending to make them aware of the security flaw in the  system. After multiple calls, multiple long waits in the queue, I was never given the opportunity to speak with the manager of security. 

I wrote a letter to Comcast Corporate about the flaw and was contacted by a very nice lady whom seemed concerned about what I had found.  I offered to assist in the fixing of the security flaw and long story short –multiple emails and missed phone calls to no avail.  They either did not want my help or did not believe there was a problem. My neighbor called them to complain about the truth of the situation…

While I don’t know for sure if Comcast resolved the issue, I will not intentionally try to take over another families network.  Truth be told, I will be looking for another internet provider in short order.  The reason to stay with Comcast no longer exists. I never used Comcast’s security other than the Norton products and had my router configured for “Bridge Mode” –this means I use my routers security over Comcast’s, which I have more control over. If you have a good router, do the same and configure it for WPA2 Security.

In the mean time, there are several good free choices out there for PC/MAC, tablet, cell phone security. Just do a search and read the reviews –you can still protect yourself in-spite of the lack of help from Comcast.

There is another good ole adage: “Being forewarned is to be forearmed!”

Be Safe & Well All!

Highlighted
New Poster

norton anti virus

What is comcast replacing norton antivirus with?

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: norton anti virus

They're portraying xFi Advanced Security as a complete replacement for Norton (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/norton-security-online-sunset), but that's a gross exaggeration. Users should install another antivirus program or app to take the place of the AV program Comcast is dropping.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Are you serious about dropping Norton Utilities?  Thank you, Comcast.

"Advanced Security" is a fraction of the coverage from Norton or MacAfee.  It's an example of how Comcast cuts costs & doesn't lower prices.  I use Norton and/or MacAfee to back up my files.

New Norton offers cloud space for backup, but Comcast's Advanced Security offers nothing.  What about Performance Protection features? 

Comcast disappoints once more.  Yet, Comcast wonders why subscribers aren't enthusiastic about recommending them to others.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

You can give feedback by most of my clients and most people I know using Xfinity that we don't like this move.  Provide a real internet security solution for the client.  From what I've read so far, it is not acceptable.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Norton Antivirus Canceling 2021--FREE TRIAL FOR 180 DAYS.

Garyd01 & ALL,

Norton is giving a free trial for 3 different levels of protection for 180 days. (Just pick which one you want) I will be calling on 1/1/21 to do the free trial.  Here are the details:

https://us.norton.com/store?expid=XFINITY&promocode=XFINITY180FR&VENDORID=_SOS_COMCAST6MO

XFINITY180FR = PROMO CODE FOR COMCAST / XFINITY FREE TRIAL DEAL.

CALL 1-800-995-3086

So, you have 6 months to figure out if you want to keep them or go elsewhere for protection.  Gary, I know you said that Broadcom now owns the Norton product line.  It makes sense because the market share for it is huge.  I can't imagine that they would not continue to develop this or they will lose much of that market share...

Be well whatever you decide, at least you have half a year to make up your mind.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Norton Antivirus Canceling 2021--FREE TRIAL FOR 180 DAYS.

Unless I'm mistaken, the free trial is for a different antivirus product - not the one Comcast gave us for free. This means everybody must uninstall the current one and then install Norton 360 Deluxe. Then 6 months later, either pay $30 (or $75) for the next 12 months (they will already have your credit card), or uninstall that antivirus program and then install another anti-virus program (or, if you have Windows 10, let its builtin antivirus protect you). The big problem with accepting the free trial and letting it automatically renew, is a year later, when you see the $104.99 (or $149.99) plus tax on your credit card statement.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

@ComcastAndrew

This is from the forums: 

How is Advanced Security different from Norton Security Online?
Norton Security Online is a security software program that can detect and remove viruses and malware from your PCs, Macs and Android devices. This is available at no additional cost for Xfinity Internet subscribers on up to five devices. Alternatively, xFi Advanced Security protects all your connected devices, including those that can’t run antivirus software (e.g., voice assistants, smart thermostats, smart TVs, security cameras, etc.). While Advanced Security can’t remove malware that may already be on your devices like Norton Security Online can for computers, it does prevent that malware from causing harm. Using both Norton Security Online and xFi Advanced Security together will give you the most protection for all your devices.

==========

Seems to me that we are going to lose protection  when we don't have  both as described in the last sentence above. Need som clarification please.

I have read all available on Norton going away this year  and about Advanced Secuirty and we should use Xfi Advanced Security instead.  My Advanced Security is set up but I have important questions please.

2. Does Advanced Security have a firewall?

2. Is there a background scan like there is with Norton and if so is there somewhere that it will tell me its doing a scan? Norton shows in tray when its doing  a scan.

3. How will I be notified when Advanced Security finds a threat on my desktop computer?  There is no app for that that I can have in my tray or some pleace easily acessed. Surely I don't have to access Advanced Security thru my account myself to check to see if there are threats.  Norton shows in tray when there is a threat and what its doing with it.  From what I read it does not appear that Advanced Security is going to remove  threats or malware like Norton does so what am I supposed to do?

4. And what about a password manager since that comes with Norton too. 

I sure don't think we should have to install/purchase a separate program to complement Advanced Security because Comcast is doing away with Norton but the more I read the more that concerns me. The more I read the more concerned about what we all have to do to protect ourselves because of this selfish act on Comcast's part. Its going to be a nightmare

Thanks

Terri

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Norton Antivirus Canceling 2021--FREE TRIAL FOR 180 DAYS.-TERRIB & LARRYR2

Terri & Larry,

First, most if not all of us think the loss of Norton from Comcast is bad news and a mistake for Comcast.  Comcast will surely lose market share as customers move to another internet provider. My family is gone the moment we find a better option.

As someone else said in this thread, most traffic is encrypted and as such the Xfi security will be deaf, dumb and blind to it.  So, if Malware, a Rootkit, Virus, or Ransomware comes through and you do not have protection –life will become rather troublesome.

So, what do you do?  If you have not done so already, make sure that your router is using Personal WPA2 Security. This is a form of encryption which protects you.  Next, ENCRYPT your hard drive(s).  Make SURE you save the encryption key to multiple locations!  If your drive goes belly-up or you want to move data to another computer -the key will allow you to do so.

As far as the Norton trial goes, yes the cost will go up after the free trial.  Let’s say protection is $200 per year –that is around .55 cents for a single PC per day. Divide that by say 3 devices and you get .18 cents a day.

Yes, you will have to uninstall/reinstall the new protection but with the auto-mated installers these days it is simple to do. 

Passwords!  Get yourself a password generator and a password manager yesterday.  NEVER ever use anything on social media, snail mail, vmail, etc., as part of a password.  Birthday’s, social security numbers, pet or family member names, phone numbers,  license plate numbers, etc.,–you get the idea. Never put a password on a post-it note, under the keyboard, etc.  What a pain, why should I do this?  With a password manager you only need to remember 1 password, so make it a good one and never give it out!  Put some words together that make no sense like MyChair8-aFunnyBone!  Simple to remember but difficult to hack because it makes no sense.

Lastly, but not the least is VPN.  Whether you purchase it or use a free version use a VPN now!  A VPN hides you from prying eyes whenever, wherever you are on the internet. Whenever you connect to free WIFI outside your home, 9 times out of 10 it is totally open –which means anyone with the knowledge to hack you can and will quite easily.  VPN will slow you down a bit but that is a small price to pay for the awesome protection it provides.

If you do the above on all of your devices it will be like a middle finger to anyone that wants to steal from you or harm you electronically!

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Great writeup! And that reminds me that I do need a new password manager because I use Norton's password vault. ALL THIS mess to go thru because they are taking Norton away.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: End Of Norton Security Questions

I have never even received the email that they are taking Norton away. Friend told me.

Highlighted
Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

I have never even received the email that they are taking Norton away. Friend told me.

I did not receive the email either. I live in a large building and nobody I know received it.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

The friend who told me about it lives in a large building too but at least he got the email. I don't even live in a development so have no Comcast user neighbors to consult with.

Right now Windows Defender is looking pretty good and a password manager from somebody (have not investigated yet). I still cannot believe they are doing this to us.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: End Of Norton Security Questions-TERRIB & ALL

If you are stuck on Windows 7 for the time being like me, then you should install Windows Security Essentials.  Although support for Win7 & WSE ended 1/1/2020, Microsoft will continue to send updates for the engine until 2023.  Here is the link to download it:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5201

As usual, you will get daily updates via Windows Update for this until it is ended in 2023.

You can't run both as Windows Defender and WSE are pretty much the same thing.  You will most likely get a warning when trying to use them both at the same time.  However,

what you can do is install WSE, temporarily disable Windows Defender and use WSE to scan all of your drives, usb's, etc. Once you know you are clean, disable WSE and enable Defender.  It is also a good idea to insatll another product like Malwarebytes, AVG, etc., and use them to scan as well -no 1 product picks up all of the threats! There may be conflicts and if so, just disable the conflict do the scan and then re-enable what you choose to protect yourself. I have been using this technique for decades and you will catch all of the nasties.

God Bless

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: End Of Norton Security Questions-TERRIB & ALL

I run Windows 10 so will use  Windows Defender and also run malwarebytes which I have been using often even with Norton. Looking into some other packages too.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: End Of Norton Security Questions-TERRIB & ALL & especially USAF_E-8_RET

Since we cannot reply to  posts, I would like to formally Thank  for their service to this amazing country.  It is people like  that make this country the greatest place on the planet to live.  God Bless You  and Thank You for Serving!!!

Highlighted

@TerriB wrote:

@TerriB  - here you go!

Received this as an email from Comcast:

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted

Re: End Of Norton Security Questions-TERRIB & ALL & especially USAF_E-8_RET

@64Chris wrote:

Since we cannot reply to  posts, I would like to formally Thank  for their service to this amazing country.  It is people like  that make this country the greatest place on the planet to live.  God Bless You  and Thank You for Serving!!!

Thank you very much !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

@USAF_E-8_RET wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@TerriB  - here you go!

Received this as an email from Comcast:

THANK  YOU......captured and saved it

Terri

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity ending Norton in 2012

Same here.  I bridge to unifi gear running their security gateway which claims to have similar protections.   That's all fine and good, but will not protect my son from clicking on a ransomeware email.   Fortunately Malwarebytes is running a 50% off sale for black friday week.   5 device 1yr licenses for $40 is a decent deal.  I'm sure Norton LifeLock will be that per device.  think I could submit that bill to Xfinity for reimbursement?? LoL... 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Is Norton Security Online Being Discontinued January 1, 2021?

They are only concerned with devices attached to THEIR network.  Yep - our laptops will ultimately pay the price when to take it to the office, coffee shop, friends house.   

Highlighted
New Poster

They are only concerned with devices attached to THEIR network.  Yep - our laptops will ultimately pay the price when to take it to the office, coffee shop, friends house.   

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Norton is going. Should I now pay for anti-virus software or depend on xFi Advanced Security?

They are only concerned with devices when attached to THEIR network.  Yep - our laptops will ultimately pay the price when to take it to the office, coffee shop, friends house.   Without a client AV solution like Norton/McAfee/MalwareBytes there is little protecton on your PC for things like clicking on a ransomeware email, downlading a malware infested file etc.   If you run the very latest versions of Windows 10, there is Windows defender which has maturered over the years, but I still consider that a poor mans solution for basic protection.   

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

Re: Norton is going. Should I now pay for anti-virus software or depend on xFi Advanced Security?

@hornauer wrote:

They are only concerned with devices when attached to THEIR network.  Yep - our laptops will ultimately pay the price when to take it to the office, coffee shop, friends house.   Without a client AV solution like Norton/McAfee/MalwareBytes there is little protecton on your PC for things like clicking on a ransomeware email, downlading a malware infested file etc.   If you run the very latest versions of Windows 10, there is Windows defender which has maturered over the years, but I still consider that a poor mans solution for basic protection.   

======

I will NOT feel safe for my desktop that IS connected to their network.....lol.  I use free AVG on my phone and tablet and it is all I really need . I will use Windows Defender and maybe get a password manager. I am just sick over them taking free Norton Suite away. My $200+ a month is giving me less and less every month. The superfluous apps they are giving away are just about useless for so many of us I do like Netflix and Peacock (but Peacock is very awkward)  but the rest....poo on them.

Highlighted
New Poster

Goodbye to Norton

What will Xfinity be replacing Norton with??

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Goodbye to Norton

They're portraying xFi Advanced Security as a complete replacement for Norton (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/norton-security-online-sunset), but that's a gross exaggeration. Users should install another antivirus program or app to take the place of the AV program Comcast is dropping.

Highlighted
New Poster

Norton

when did xfinity plan on lating me know they were no longer offering norton,,, i got the news from Norton tonight at 11 pm.. same old comcast ,,, im sure they will never bother to let me know. comcast your customer service is as horrible as ever, you just dont get it.

Highlighted
New Poster

i never got any email from comcast,, as always they drop the ball,,, i heard about it from Norton NOT comcast,, as always comcasts customer service is horrible,, they just dont get it.

Highlighted
New Poster

Given that xfinity will no longer be providing Norton Security as part of the service package will xfinity in turn be reducing their monthly fee to customers?  Or is it a simply lost service without recognition?

Highlighted
New Poster

Just another money grab by one of the most notorious monopolies in business today. I would love nothing more than to see them go belly up. But that probably will never happen because they are always stealing their way to prosperity. I cut the tv and phone cord several years ago and will never go back. Was such a satisfying feeling! Problem is I still need an internet connection and besides satellite they're the only game in town(big surprise right?). It totally s_cks to pay nearly $100 just to have internet. They of course don't offer any reasonably priced lower tier plans. I don't have any smart thermostats or doorbells or lights or ovens or whatever else smart things they're are. Just a computer I'd like to keep safe. Thanks comcast, you're my hero again!!

Highlighted
New Poster

I never received an email either. Found out by a Norton pop-up tonight. Why are we writing to each other here? Norton was not free; it was provided as part of our monthly charge. Why write to Comcast; the "bean counters" there don't care. Instead, why not write to the franchising authority, in fact, dun the franchising authority regarding their abusive monthly charges and wasteful practices. Why does the franchising authority allow this scam that allows the removal of a paid-for service without a reduction in monthly charge and the subterfuge of mandating an additional rental that doesn't provide a modicum of the service Comcast eliminated? Maybe it doesn't know. This forum is enough notice to Comcast/Xfinity. Why doesn't everyone gang up on the franchising authority specified on our monthly bills? Let them ask Comcast about an adjustment in charges for a significant reduction in service.

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast has done this before.   Prior to Norton's  Comcast had Mcafee anti virus.   So once the Norton's contract is over and customers start droping or better yet Comcast gets a lawsuit after an attack that Norton's would have blocked.   I am guessing a new virus software will be offered.    

Highlighted
Contributor

I use my own equipment for the Internet , I don't believe in using Comcast's junky equipment , so I don't have xFi Gateway security which doesn't protect you even if I did.

This is a bunch of baloney,  I depend on Norton to keep me safe and I pay a premium price for my Comcast service. I don't imagine we are gonna get a price reduction on anything from this take away.

I have been a Comcast customer for over 30 years,  I will be looking at alternatives

Highlighted
Contributor

EDIT: typo

I WILL Be Looking at alternatives

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Norton being cancelled as of 1/1/21

I don't understand how any software x1 malware and domain security running on the router/modem could determine the contents of encrypted information being forwarded through it in order to able to scan the contents. Is this really just infrastructure for comcast to blacklist domains on the internet and censor addresses and not actually any kind of effective security software? The Norton Security Suite runs on the device it protects and at a high user level as to be able to monitor running processess and scan for threats as it needs these permissions to access that information. A router based anti-virus doesn't seem like a real thing, you can filter adressing but scanning and actually stopping data in real time probably not possible as any threat it detected would already have been past to the computer and running as that is the function of a routing device. Unless it is pauseing the assembled files from the packets on the router then scanning that data for threats then sending it if it is clean and somehow doing this through encryption... . and without massive slow down of the service.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Some people aren't as rich as you.  Xfinity keeps cutting TV channels, the so-called 300Mbps speed is not.  They took away text on the home phone, now they are taking away Norton security or if you believe them Norton doesn't want to be involved anymore.   I bet Comcast blames the Chinese Wuhan virus too,  yet here there has never been a disruption of service and the tech vans and truck are still plentiful out on the roads.  So what's the real excuse?  They won't say.  We are paying 250 bucks a month for TV, phone and internet and they keep dropping stuff.  Then come the first of 2021 they will increase the cost even higher.  Why?   It's because a lot of people have no other option.  What we need and Comcast needs is COMPETITON.  That is a dirty word to monopolies.  Maybe their wires running everywhere should become "public" and allow other companies to offer their services over it?  Just like they did to Ma Bell when they broke them up.  We have NO option but Comcast.   I keep hearing the politicians talking about hi speed internet in rural areas but what they need to do is reign in major/minor cities where there is no competition so it LOWERS the cost for EVERYONE.  I see Comcast will give heavy discounts to low income people but when I mentioned that the two people sharing this apartment each get less than 800 bucks a month they go DEAF.  They claim they are helping kids  and again USING KIDS saying they need internet.  They are taking the PARENTS out of the equation.  This was true BEFORE the Chinese Wuhan virus.  But boy, two elderly with existing health conditons can't get any RELIEF for our bill?   We tried to get the bill down by going with basics but keeping the interent speed the same and they figured it up and it was between 10-20 BUCKS A MONTH savings.  Really?   They want everyone paying around 250 bucks a month REGARDLESS of what you get.  Then too, their prices are differrent in different areas too.  We are in a small very poor city but we pay MORE than other richer cities, why is that?  The politicians sold out the American people when they did deals with Comcast years ago.  I am all for catpitalism and free markets but tell me again how Comcast is not predatory or a monopoly.?  Yea the powers that be claim nobody undserstands what a monopoly is.  Well, if we have no other way to get Internet and phone maybe it is a monopoly to us and Comcast should adjust our bill accordingly.  We are tired of paying and then keep LOSING SERVICES.  We are not rich like you.  

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Is Norton Security Online Being Discontinued January 1, 2021?

Sadly the included protection offered by Microsoft is not as secure as a full featured antivirus suite like Norton 360. I'll be moving back to Comodo Antivirus most likely in addition to the security features I have in place on my router and Microsoft's malware in addition to Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware's free offerings. Its more work to manage but at least with all of the above free suites I know I'll be well protected. Cost cutting continues even as they raise fees. Comcast, this is why people leave the very moment they have an alternative to your service. I'm stuck with you still and likely will be for years to come as my only true option for High Speed Broadband in my rural area but the very moment something else is available, I and thousands of others will be gone in a heartbeat and you'll never get me back. It's been too many years of nonsense like this.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Of course Xfinity is going to lower the cost of their internet services, right? NOT! What is Xfinity offering in its place? Maybe a good replacement would be Verizon Fios, which is now in place at my location. 

Highlighted
New Poster

The Indian guy I was talking too has no clue and was less than helpful. Tells me you will be protected through the gateway but could not tell me how. And what happens when I leave my house, and I have zero protection. Also he says you have Microsoft Defender on your Windows 10. Thats like running in a demolition derby in a yugo. Just not smart. I guess this is how comcrude makes more money by cutting services

Now I have to buy antivirus and pay even more. Comcast is going down and are greedy. Time to go back to AT&T. At least their service gives you free AV. May be slower, but I am tired of comcrud giving me less and charging more

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast will give you nothing and you will either buy your own or you will have to change providors. Honestly, do you think comcrud cares. This came from the higher up's and they do not listen. 

While I agree they should not take this away, the only thing you can do to fight back is cancel services, reduce services while stating this is why I am reducing., or buy you own AV and deal with it. This is why you cannot chat with comcast anymore, nor can you talk to anyone in the USA. They have outsourced all their services for cheap labor and cutting services is the next step. All in the name of huge profits.

Highlighted
Most Valued Poster

What I want to know is WHERE are the Comcast forum  employee  reps to help us with this dilemna. They used to come on here and chime in and sometimes even offer help  but 'crickets' on this one.

@ComcastJessie

Highlighted
New Poster

good luck. Comcast will term the account and charge you for the remaining contract at $10 per month for what you did not finish. Unless you are 30 days or less. They dont care anyway

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Unable to get an answer by phone

I got an Indian dude, he was clueless. But there is comcast outsourcing, you will never get a straight answer from them because they dont know or understnad you. And comcrude is making bigger profit outsourcing those jobs