Community Forum

DCMA notices

New Poster

DCMA notices

I got three DCMA violation notices today. During the time this supposedly occured, the only two people who live in my home were asleep. It was for three episodes of a TV show that we've never heard of. The notices have an IP address that doesn't match the one for my modem, but when I called, Comcast did have the MAC address for my modem. When I lookup the IP address, the results say 

ISP: Comcast Cable
Organization: XFINITY WiFi

Does this mean the activity occurred at a hotspot using my comcast credentials? My home equipment is owned by me and is not a hotspot. I didn't see any unknown devices connected to my router. I also removed a bunch of devices from Xfinity WiFi - there were a lot that weren't familiar, but they didn't have a device name or type listed, so I'm sure many of them were devices I no longer own. I'm good about wiping devices clean before I get rid of them, so I don't think any old devices were able to access it after I gave away or sold them. 

Is there anything else I should do? Or does anybody have a clearer understanding of what might have occurred? 

Official Employee

Re: DCMA notices

Hello, tentlin! Thank you for reaching out to us! Please reach out to our Customer Assurance Team at 1-877-842-2112 (Hours of Operation: 6:00 AM - 2:00 AM ET/Seven days a week). They will be able to assist you further. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Actually, I did call them and they were not helpful at all because they assumed I was lying. 

Official Employee

@tentlin - Could you please send me your first and last name in a private message? I will try to contact the CSA team directly. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!