Community Forum

Curious-Norton Security?

Frequent Visitor

Curious-Norton Security?

Had my browser closed for a bit and when I closed what I had open, the browser was already opened to a page warning from Norton saying that our subscription expired.  Since we have Xfinity and Norton was a perk.  Was this some fishing expedition via some advert or is this true?  Is Xfinity and Norton parting ways?   I thought it odd that something like this would be sprung on people at the last second.   It also mentioned a price for one device whereas we have two desktops that are covered by Xfinity/Norton.  This kind of thing happened before where Norton instead of updating users, kicked us off then we had to go back through the process with Xfinity to get Norton's back.  Odd though. Any ideas?  Advert gone mad or is this going to happen?  Thanks

Re: Curious-Norton Security?

@niecey45 

There has been situations in the past where in checking to make sure you are still  a Comcast customer (and authorized to use the free Norton), that the data base between Norton and Comcast has become corrupted and users have received the message that their subscription had expired.  I believe that is what you are referring to "This happened once before...."

Please try to reboot your system and see if the Norton starts as it is supposed to do.  If it does start, attempt to run a LiveUpdate.  If all appears normal, then you should be OK and you can ignore the browser warning.

If things do not work as you know they have in the past, please pass on some additional information as to what occurs ( or doesn't occur).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Curious-Norton Security?

Thanks for the reply.  I was not sure about it.  I did not get an alert the last time I believe.  It was in the form of an email from Norton as I made an account there to make sure everything was correct.  This time it was in the form of a browser alert and at first glance it looked like a pop up from a site rather than maybe a notification.   I did note nothing appears to have changed with that notice.  I ran Live Update and it did its thing.    

Just wasn't sure, but apparently Norton must have been satisifed I was still an Xfinity customer.  lol 

At least I know now and I would hope that if something changed Xfinity would contact us via email if/when something like this happens.