Community Forum

Alternatives to Norton

Highlighted
Contributor

Alternatives to Norton

What are foks that do not have an Xfinity Gateway plannig to replace Norton with?

Subscribe to Norton? Others?

Highlighted

Re: Alternatives to Norton

@Shankarhokie 

I do not use the Xfinity Gateway and have received the same email as everyone else - the link works for the free trial and reduced rates for Norton:

Norton 6-month trial exclusively for Xfinity customers

You can also choose to continue your protection through Norton. Norton has two exclusive offers for Xfinity customers using Norton Online Security. These two plans give you comprehensive device security, including antivirus, password manager, and more. Plus, you’ll get a 6-month free trial.

When you sign up, your free trial will begin right away.

The blue signup above is a clickble link.

That said,  you need to do some research, decide what protection you need and what your budget can afford.  You can also read thru the threads here on this forum and see what others have suggested.

Bottom line is you have to decide which is best meests the need for protection for your system(s).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Norton Temp Free Alternatives

Most Customers know by now that Comcast will not be providing free AntiVirus software from Norton as of 01/01/2021. Temperary Alternatives are Available.

1. Norton offers a 6 month free trial to existing Comcast Customers
  2. Windows Defender Antivirus - Good free alternative! if you have Windows 10, version 1703 and Later. Since version 1703, it has improved a lot! Good free antivirus for the user who does minimal browsing.
  3. AVG - Another good free alternative!
  4. Avast 
  5. Avira
  6. Bitdefender

Please Reply with more suggetions.

I state these are temperary alternatives, because nothing beats or gives you peace of mind, like a good fully functioning paid for antivirus software.

P.S. One could go for almost a year skirting on free offers from all the antivirus software companies out there! 😀