Community Forum

A Virus called Norton

JT202
New Poster

A Virus called Norton

Yes Norton has left xfinity but how does one get Norton to leave my computers? I've uninstalled it. I've reset my all my browser to factory. I've cleaned my system and deleted anything with Norton from my computers,  but Norton pop-ups keep coming even when I've not on the internet. They can't be removed. THEY ARE A VIRUS deliberately put on xfinity customer computers by Norton. Comcast/xfinity should do something about this plague on its customers.

USAF_E-8_RET
Expert

Re: A Virus called Norton

@JT202 

Have you tried the following?

From the following link:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-internet-security/20.2.0.19/solutions/v60392881

Locate and follow the "Remove Norton device security completely" portion of the instructions

If you have Norton Family installed, uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.

Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.

Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location.

To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the Ctrl + J key.

Double-click the NRnR icon.

Read the license agreement, and click Agree.

Click Advanced Options.

Click Remove Only.

Click Remove.

Click Restart Now.

In regards to  "Norton pop-ups keep coming even when I've not on the internet. They can't be removed. "

A bit more info about the topics of these pop ups will be helpful and a screenshot of them would be great to assist in getting to the bottom of their cause.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
JT202
New Poster

Re: A Virus called Norton

This worked on one computer but not another. Finally connected to a Norton tech, it took him almost an hour  to completely get rid of everything and stop all the pop-ups. Norton is very disrespectful of former customers. I won't use them ever in the future. The techs are OK it's their marketing, I'm guessing, that thinks if they bother you enough you will reinstall.