Community Forum

25-digit Product Key

New Poster

25-digit Product Key

I'm trying to activate my Xfinity subscription in Norton on my Windows XP desktop. The last version to support Windows XP and still get definition updates is version 22.15.2.37. I got the installer for this from Norton Community. The link provided by Xfinity is just a downloader that throws an error that it is not a valid Win32 application. The installed version asks for a 25 digit product code after signing into my Norton account that has the active subscription from Comcast. I have looked in all the places that the FAQs on both Xfinity & Norton have pointed to and can't find what I'm looking for. I only have a smaller PIN provided by Comcast. I am not doing anything important or having anything I'm afraid of losing on this computer before you tell me to upgrade Windows. I just want to know where I can get my product key.

Valued Contributor

Re: 25-digit Product Key

@eacord 

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v126160909

You do need to buy another computer with Windows 10.

To find your PIN for norton on your existing old computer, just search for "Norton Pin" It will come up. If it does not, then you do not have one assigned to that computer. When installing norton, it will automatically detect the existing pin, think you can have up to 5 computers or more with norton installed on them. If you are an existing Comcast customer.

Re: 25-digit Product Key

@eacord 

@eacord wrote:
" The installed version asks for a 25 digit product code after signing into my Norton account that has the active subscription from Comcast.

The 25 digit Product Key that is being requested is used for a retail version of Norton.  The Comcast version uses a 13 digit PIN.

I have looked in all the places that the FAQs on both Xfinity & Norton have pointed to and can't find what I'm looking for. I only have a smaller PIN provided by Comcast.

That is the 13 digit PIN you would need to activate the Comcast Version.

Please see the following for info regarding Norton ongoing protection for Windows XP after Microsoft ends support

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v95977279

It sounds ike you may have had a retail version of Norton installed on the XP system (since it is asking for the 25 digit product key).  That version of Norton needs to be removed from the system before trying to install Comcast's Norton Security Online.  Also, the download you found for the older version of Norton is in fact  a retail version and that could be the reason the request for a 25 digit product key.  If in fact the retil version installed and is just waiting activation, it also needs to be removed.

Please use the following info for the installation of NSO:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Anti-Virus-Software-Internet-Security/NEW-Norton-Security-Online-and-H...

Let us know how things go!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!