Community Forum

2 factor auth and pw mngr?

Valued Contributor

2 factor auth and pw mngr?

Hi Ive been using nortons pw manager in cloud free w/ comcast I recently set up 2 factor auth thing where it sends code.   Not sure I want to keep it up it wipes my info a lot and makes me keep signing the long way through account first but anyway...I was wondering if comcast stops carrying this or anything happens to my comcast will norton give me time to subscribe and get to my info as far as pw's?    I want to depend on it but need to know if its accessible if I no longer have comcast or something.

Also what triggers the code text to phone to go to second phone number? IF say my primary number is down how do I or how does it know it send code to second number.  I cant tell it too till I get in account but cant till I get code right? Thanks for assist do appreciate it.    (is there any advantage to subscribing to norton pw manager since I have it free w comcast? I mean its working in cloud for free and would they merge since I have free comcast security on my pc? Thanks for assist do appreciate it. 

Re: 2 factor auth and pw mngr?

@tvaholic7

@tvaholic7 wrote:

Hi Ive been using nortons pw manager in cloud free w/ comcast I recently set up 2 factor auth thing where it sends code.   Not sure I want to keep it up it wipes my info a lot and makes me keep signing the long way through account first but anyway...I was wondering if comcast stops carrying this or anything happens to my comcast will norton give me time to subscribe and get to my info as far as pw's?   I want to depend on it but need to know if its accessible if I no longer have comcast or something.

From this link:
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v63757029_identity_safe_standalone_1_en_u...

With Norton Password Manager, you can do the following:

• Automatically login to websites, and there is no need for you to remember all your login credentials.
  • Do online transactions securely without worrying about identity theft.
  • Store all your credit card information at one place.
  • Access your personal information stored in a cloud vault from any device with Internet connection.
  • Fill lengthy online forms at ease.
  • Store any information for your reference in future.

Norton Password Manager lets you add, edit or delete your login details even after your Norton product expires.

Also what triggers the code text to phone to go to second phone number? IF say my primary number is down how do I or how does it know it send code to second number.  I cant tell it too till I get in account but cant till I get code right?

Sorry, I am not familiar with the inner workings of the 2 factor authenication - are you referring to another phone number for a second user on your Comcast Account?

Thanks for assist do appreciate it.    (is there any advantage to subscribing to norton pw manager since I have it free w comcast? I mean its working in cloud for free and would they merge since I have free comcast security on my pc? Thanks for assist do appreciate it. 

Once you set up a Norton Account and create a Cloud Vault for that Norton Account - it will be there for any device once you sign into that Norton Account.  Cloud Vaults are tied to a specific Norton Account - thus using the same Norton Account will get you into that Password Manager - regardless of which device you are on.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!