Community Forum

13 dgit PIN doesn't work....

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

13 dgit PIN doesn't work....

I receive the following error when I try to download Norton to my new computer: The PIN for this product is associated with another Norton account. Sign in to that account to use this product. Learn Mor

I even tried creating another comcast email account, in case it was an issue was an issue with no more than one Norton download per email account.

I keep getting the same PIN regardless of the comcast credentials I enter.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: 13 dgit PIN doesn't work....

To add onto the saga, I logged onto my old computer and tried to add another device via the Norton App. It is stating that my subscription was cancelled, which isn't accurate.

Highlighted

@ckapittsburgh 

The following is a long shot (making a phone call),  as Norton has cut back on Customer Service reps as a result of the coronavirus:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v128401015?ispid=1122

Just curious have you tried on your "old computer" after logging into Comcst with your Primary Account user name?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

I've the same issue going on.  In my case,  my Norton account which was linked with Xifinity is not working for some reason and Norton support acknowleged the trouble. However since last 3 days they have not been able to fix it for me. It maybe a similar problem for you. 

I believe the problem at Norton end .. maybe account migration or something going on which has broke the linkage. 

Today I contacted Comcast support but no response yet.  Hoping they will help in some way. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having the same issue. Norton's support is unresponsive most of the time and rude the rest of the time. 

Highlighted

@xfinituser 

Sorry to hear of your situation - just a quick question:

Have you at any time in the past used a Norton Reatail product that you set up a Norton Account for?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Spoiler
So, I had the same problem, and finally got it to work.  Apparently, when you first download Norton from Xfinity, it creates a Norton account using your xfinity email address, xxx@comcast.net as the user name.  That is the account you need to sign into when asked--you can't use another Norton account.  You may have to reset the password--not sure if it's the same as your Xfinity password.  Hope it works for you.
Highlighted
New Poster

same situation 😞

https://alpha-cable.com