Community Forum

2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Expert

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

@BlueJay wrote:

FWIW, I am able to view my posting history, those that haven't been removed, with a link that I've had in place for a while now.   I did post this above in one of my posts, but no one was able to use it to access their posts.   Maybe you'll have some luck.  

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/

I've removed my id from the link..  Hope this works for you.

ciao, bj

That shows me your posting history, not mine... Smiley Sad

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@BruceW wrote:

@EG wrote: ... you can't access your pictures or your past posting history either.......

You may be able to access your posts at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/40479

and your images at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/40479/tab/all.

Sure would be nice if they'd fix this though . . .

Thank you sir for the work-around !! Smiley Happy

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Problem Solver

@EG wrote:

@BruceW wrote:

@EG wrote: ... you can't access your pictures or your past posting history either.......

You may be able to access your posts at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/40479

and your images at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/40479/tab/all.

My thanks also, Bruce.  And for the link for the images.  Smiley Happy

I've reviewed the latest updates that CJessie, made on 7/27/18 , {I'd love to see this whole site's text in as bold a print as used in the updates}  ,  I didn't see any mention of the addition of a new icon/avatar ? , the hand with the ?.  What is its' purpose? Not all the posts that it precedes are questions. 

New symbol.PNG

Expert

@BlueJay wrote:

@EG wrote:

@BruceW wrote:

I've reviewed the latest updates that CJessie, made on 7/27/18 , {I'd love to see this whole site's text in as bold a print as used in the updates}  ,  I didn't see any mention of the addition of a new icon/avatar ? , the hand with the ?.  What is its' purpose? Not all the posts that it precedes are questions. 

New symbol.PNG

I don't know why the "Ask Question" icon was added here. It, or any other icon, not found on any other forum posting.

One nice feature I see returned today. The TOP button is back on lower right. No need to scroll all the way back to top of page. Thank you for that one.

Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

@EG wrote:

@BruceW wrote:

New symbol.PNG

I don't know why the "Ask Question" icon was added here. It, or any other icon, not found on any other forum posting.

One nice feature I see returned today. The TOP button is back on lower right. No need to scroll all the wat back to top of page. Thank you for that one.

I agree,  the  - TOP -  button is an asset and welcome the return.    I just wish on the multi page threads, the PAGE NUMBERS AT THE TOP were     NOT   removed and only the bottom remain.

EDIT~ left out word ..  bj 

Silver Problem Solver

Several times a day, I have to mark a forum as read because the forum did not recognize all my new posts.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

I can't seem to delete my posts.  Is that normal?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

I can't seem to delete my posts.  Is that normal?

Neither can I since we lost the "Expert" status. I believe that only experts and employees have that forum permission enabled.

Expert

It might be because you did not join (reinlist) in the Expert Contest.

I was really confused when it saw other's who were already experts. If you meant to continue as an expert, I would check in with Comcast Jessie. It looks like the new Forum design might have kept you from getting entered.

I really like your new title: Diamond Problem Solver. It looks like a promotion to me.  

Expert

We both did. And sorry, but I can't laugh about the comment...... It's not an oversight.

Expert

@EG wrote:

We both did. And sorry, but I can't laugh about the comment...... It's not an oversight.

Sorry EG. I only pointed it out because it looks to me like you made it to the very top of the forum as the Number 1 member out of the 5.9 million members.

Many of us here know you have helped more people out than anyone else. I hope they correct their "error" here.

Mark

Silver Problem Solver

My signature is not displaying.

Silver Problem Solver

Sure would be nice if this was at the top of the page like it is at the bottom:Previous Next.jpg

Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

Sure would be nice if this was at the top of the page like it is at the bottom:Previous Next.jpg

@RobertWy  thanks for bringing this up again.  I've mentioned it in above posts, but was generally ignored.      {message # }   would be a great innovation for directing folks to a previous posting.  

Expert

I don't know if this problem is due to forum redesign, or just my careless typing.

Have any of your here had your reply page disappear from maybe hitting a control key while typing the reply? It has happened to me more than one time. I end up having to start over with a new reply window.

Silver Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

I don't know if this problem is due to forum redesign, or just my careless typing.

Have any of your here had your reply page disappear from maybe hitting a control key while typing the reply? It has happened to me more than one time. I end up having to start over with a new reply window.

Can't remember seeing that.

Silver Problem Solver

Delete Post Test

I was able to delete a post elsewhere yesterday.

No option in this forum to delete a post.

Broken record: we need the forum name at the top of the Bookmarked forums:Forum header.jpg

Expert

Is there any plan to bring back the list of forum members on line?

I found it very helpful in the past.

Silver Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

Delete Post Test

Broken record: we need the forum name at the top of the Bookmarked forums:Forum header.jpg

I found the option in My Settings Home Page 

Silver Problem Solver

Another broken record:

My signature has disappeared from my posts.  Here is a picture of my Settings:Signature.jpg

Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

Delete Post Test

The option to delete posts was for "Experts". Options are fewer for regular members. Closest I could come to deleting one of my posts was delete all information and leave request for one of you to delete the post.

Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

Another broken record:

My signature has disappeared from my posts.  Here is a picture of my Settings:Signature.jpg

I see you did check the one box. Since the new design, the only difference between your page and mine is that I checked "Rich Text" (from what you had) and checked the last two boxes.

Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Delete Post Test

I found the option in My Settings Home Page 

Show the location for subscriptions and bookmarks

@RobertWy   Where is that Home Page  located in  My Settings?  I can't seem to find it.  

Most Valued Poster

Question about the redesign...

Has it always been  that when a user edits a post -  every  edit triggers another email notification to all  those who subscribe to the topic? 

Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

Has it always been  that when a user edits a post -  every  edit triggers another email notification to all  those who subscribe to the topic? 

I have email notifications turned off, BUT,  at one point, every edit triggered a notation on that post with a time stamp.      Sure do miss that function.  

Most Valued Poster

@BlueJay wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

I have email notifications turned off, BUT,  at one point, every edit triggered a notation on that post with a time stamp.      Sure do miss that function.  

==

Thanks for the sanity check! Guess I just never noticed before. I need to be more careful about editing after I post so as not to overflow others' inboxes..lol

If you like the function of being notified when there are posts to topics you follow then why did you turn off notifications...just curioius.

Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

Delete Post Test

Broken record: we need the forum name at the top of the Bookmarked forums: 

I have never had a 'delete' my post option. interesting!