Community Forum

2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Regular Contributor

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@SLannes wrote:
Could not find below posting dated today!  So I gave up.  Just another reason re-design is terrible!  Same for my Comcast bill that arrived today!

On 7/26/18 10:36 AM, Community Mailer wrote:

Hi SLannes,

MNtundraRET (Problem Solver) posted a new reply in Announcements on 07-26-2018 10:36 AM :

I did post at 12:36pm CST. Are you in the western time zone? That would be showing 10:36 am for you.

YES I CHANGED FROM ET TO PT THIS MORNING>

Regular Contributor

@EG wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Have BJ, WTP, or EG been able to get signed into their own profile yet? 

I have no solution as of yet..... Smiley Sad

RE: I have no solution as of yet..   Shouldn't  Xfinity/Comcast  provide solution? After all, they make the  billions off of us.

Problem Solver

<Edited for violating forum guidelines>

I'm still waiting here for My Profile,,,Smiley Sad  Are there really only 3 of us that are not able to access their profile page?  

Expert

<Edited for violating froum guidelines>

Something crazy going one here. I keep getting a 1 by my bell and it goes to your message here. It's happened about 5 times now. Are you now one of the people who cannot get into their own profile?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Most Valued Poster

<Edited for violating froum guidelines>

I'm still waiting here for My Profile,,,Smiley Sad  Are there really only 3 of us that are not able to access their profile page?  

===Sorry some are having issues with the Profile. Thankfully not me so far at least.

Gold Problem Solver

@BlueJay wrote: ... BJ, WTP, or EG ...

... Are there really only 3 of us that are not able to access their profile page?  

Me too BJ. I could access mine for a few days after the format change, but then I began to get "An Unexpected Error has occurred", and I've been locked out since.   Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

Or, maybe when the forum transformation was done, some profiles got corrupted...
Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Expert

@jav6joev wrote:
Or, maybe when the forum transformation was done, some profiles got corrupted...

Considering we now see 4 of the earliest members having this problem,  corrupted files could be a real possibility.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

I can't seem to find my saved photos.

click on the "my profile" link and scroll to the very bottom looking for "My Photos"

Problem Solver

This is an "incomplete" regarding the page numbering system not carried over from previous versions of the forums.

Hopefully the images following will explain:

page number system 1st page of thread.PNG1st page of this threadpage numbering system Last page..PNGLast page of this thread

page numbering system Index Page.PNGIndex page of this board

If you'll notice there are 5 pages to this thread, {I have my system set to 50 posts per page}

and the numbers are only posted at the bottom of the pages.  They should have, as many of the other lengthy threads do, numbers at TOP and Bottom.   And also keep in line with the top numbering, move to the right of the page, above the "All forum topics"..   Thank you for the return of that function.   

@ComcastJessie  You had mentioned previously, that we might/hopefully see the Message numbering system back.   I think it would be beneficial to the functioning and flow of this thread and the entire forum.

ciao, bj

Silver Problem Solver

The heading doesn't include the forum you are in, which can get confusing for me.  Notice nothing between > and Re:.  The forum name used to be there.

Forum header.jpg

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

The heading doesn't include the forum you are in, which can get confusing for me.

(How do I insert and image?)

DSCN4233 (3).JPG        I selected "Photos" first. Then selected "Saved Photos". I clicked on upper left of photo wanted which put a check mark on it. Then seletcted blue box on right of screen. it gave me a choice of picture size. I chose "small" and clicked "Done". the picture showed up here. Directions are a little confusing but it finally worked.  

Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

The heading doesn't include the forum you are in, which can get confusing for me.

By heading, do you mean this:

forum heading location of threads.PNG

This thread is located in the Announcements Forum, located in Community Center portion of the Landing Page breakout.  

Or do you mean that each post should have some sort of indication of location within each forum?  {I like that-- I get confused sometimes, myself}

One question brought to mind with your inquiry, why is this thread still located in the Announcements area and not moved to the  

• My Account Sign-In & Xfinity Website          where all the other forum revision/upgrades/updates have been posted?

ciao, bj

Expert

One question brought to mind with your inquiry, why is this thread still located in the Announcements area and not moved to the  

• My Account Sign-In & Xfinity Website          where all the other forum revision/upgrades/updates have been posted?

ciao, bj

Initially; this feedback posting followed a PM from Comcast Jessie to a limited number of us with a heads-up on the up-coming change to this new designed Forum.

It makes sense to keep initial responses on "bugs" or other problems found to a smaller group really interested in Forum design basic issues. The very reason finding this post's initial location was a little difficult to locate.

I suspect as most problems are resolved it might be relocated. It was never meant to have many people reply to just complain.

Silver Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

I can't seem to find my saved photos.

click on the "my profile" link and scroll to the very bottom looking for "My Photos"

RobertWy:

I just checked the bottom of your profile and your pictures are all there. Three or more pages of them.

Mark

I just didn't scroll down far enough!!!

But I can't see how I can add a  photo.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Silver Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

DSCN4233 (3).JPG        I selected "Photos" first. Then selected "Saved Photos". I clicked on upper left of photo wanted which put a check mark on it. Then seletcted blue box on right of screen. it gave me a choice of picture size. I chose "small" and clicked "Done". the picture showed up here. Directions are a little confusing but it finally worked.  

"Photos"?  Where is that?

Silver Problem Solver

@BlueJay wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

By heading, do you mean this:

forum heading location of threads.PNG

This thread is located in the Announcements Forum, located in Community Center portion of the Landing Page breakout.  

Or do you mean that each post should have some sort of indication of location within each forum?  {I like that-- I get confused sometimes, myself}

ciao, bj

If I could insert a picture somehow, I could show you that when I am in a Forum like Home Network, it doesn't display at the top.

Regular Contributor

There is a Photos option when Replying or you can Browse below for a file to insert which could be a Picture.

Photos.jpg

Joe V
Silver Problem Solver

@jav6joev wrote:

There is a Photos option when Replying or you can Browse below for a file to insert which could be a Picture.

Photos.jpg

It's not there for me.  And I don't have HTML as an option.  There must be a setting somewhere for that.

I just tried to set HTML as my default and it didn't appear there.  I just have RICH TEXT an PREVIEW.

Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

Photos.jpg

It's not there for me.  And I don't have HTML as an option.  There must be a setting somewhere for that.

I just tried to set HTML as my default and it didn't appear there.  I just have RICH TEXT an PREVIEW.

RobertWy:

If you don't see the options window here, go into your preferences and choose "Rich Text" and leave the ignore HTML box unchecked. "Save" the changes.

When you come back to reply here click "Rich Text" if not already done. Clicking on pictures opens files on your hard-drive for choices. If you want something from your group of pictures in your profile follow my earlier directions to retreave those.

Silver Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

Photos.jpg

RobertWy:

If you don't see the options window here, go into your preferences and choose "Rich Text" and leave the ignore HTML box unchecked. "Save" the changes.

When you come back to reply here click "Rich Text" if not already done. Clicking on pictures opens files on your hard-drive for choices. If you want something from your group of pictures in your profile follow my earlier directions to retreave those.

Nothing I change in preferences turns on HTML and Photos.

Regular Contributor

Did you make the change,  SAVE, log out, close browser and start over?

Update:  None of those had any affect for me. I checked my browser settings and have Flash Player ON.  Could that be related?

Joe V
Silver Problem Solver

@jav6joev wrote:

Did you make the change,  SAVE, log out, close browser and start over?

Yes.  There is something different about my Account that won't let me use HTML and Photos.

Expert

RobertWy:  When the new version came out I was using the Default "HTML".

In order to see the two rows of options I needed to change preferences to "Rich text". From then on "Rich Text" was underlined and all choices showed up. You can't use HTML. Changing the choice here now (This reply window) causes an error.

Mark

Silver Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

RobertWy:  Then the new version came out I was using the Default "HTML".

In order to see the two rows of options I needed to change preferences to "Rich text". From then on "Rich Text" was underlined and all choices showed up. You can't use HTML. Changing the choice here now (This reply window) causes an error.

Mark

Nothing I do makes a difference; I've reached out to Jessie.

Silver Problem Solver

This shows that there is no mention of the Home Network forum when I am in it:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM2DYpNE2IOqkoVWOhvZt6-DNOPmZ7UApUvu-xd

Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

This shows that there is no mention of the Home Network forum when I am in it:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipM2DYpNE2IOqkoVWOhvZt6-DNOPmZ7UApUvu-xd

i got this error on that link.

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

Expert

RobertWy:

Have you tried deleting "Cookies" and past links to Xfinity?

Then go to: https//forums.xfinity.com

Silver Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

RobertWy:

Have you tried deleting "Cookies" and past links to Xfinity?

Then go to: https//forums.xfinity.com

I did one better; I tried IE11 and Edge.  They both did the same thing.

Administrator

All,

We are aware that a small group of individuals are experiencing difficulties when trying to view their profile page. This is an isolated issue that is only impacting few users. We do have a ticket open with Lithium and they have informed us that it is related to old draft messages. They are currently working to resolved this issue community wide. We will be sure to post any updates once we have them. 

To add some clarification, the RED number that you are seeing in between the envelope icon and the bell icon is your notification indicator. This works like it always have (and like Facebook notification) once you click the bell the number goes away regardless if you have read all the notifications or not.  

Please remember this thread is for feedback of the redesign only. Please limit comments to issues that are either directly impacting you, or updates to things that have been resolved. This helps to ensure that our team can properly document and resolve all reported issues. All other posts will be removed for being off topic, which violates our forum guidelines. Continued violations of the guidelines could result in a ban from accessing this forum.

@BlueJay,

As mentioned our team was not the ones who designed this new forum layout. Things have been removed/or stay removed based on the design teams requests. I have passed along your feedback about wanting post numbers back, but I cannot make any guarantees that that feature will be returned. If returned, all updates will be added to the first post in this thread. 

@RobertWy,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue. I have verified all your permissions and it is set to allow HTML and the uploading of photos. Additionally, when logging in as your profile I am unable to replicate the issue you are experience. For instance when replying to this thread here is what I see:

RobertWy.JPG

Please log out of the forum completely, clear your cache and cookies, and re-login. 

If you are still experiencing this issue, please let me know specific browser details including version information. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@ComcastJessie wrote:

@RobertWy,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue. I have verified all your permissions and it is set to allow HTML and the uploading of photos. Additionally, when logging in as your profile I am unable to replicate the issue you are experience. For instance when replying to this thread here is what I see:

RobertWy.JPG

Please log out of the forum completely, clear your cache and cookies, and re-login. 

If you are still experiencing this issue, please let me know specific browser details including version information. 

FWIW, I have this same problem as RobertWy Jessie. Perhaps it's related to the "My Profile" issue ? Clearing everything on three different browsers does not help.

Silver Problem Solver

@EG wrote:

@ComcastJessie wrote:

@RobertWy,

RobertWy.JPG

FWIW, I have this same problem as RobertWy Jessie. Perhaps it's related to the "My Profile". Clearing everything on three different browsers does not help.

Clearing the three browsers also does not help for me.

Expert

I am mentioning this as the possible cause of this most recent problem being discussed.

There is a new Avatar (picture of hand with ?). That means some coders have been at work on this new version. I believe there is better than 50% chance they caused this new problem.

Silver Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote:

@EG wrote:

@ComcastJessie wrote:

@RobertWy,

RobertWy.JPG

FWIW, I have this same problem as RobertWy Jessie. Perhaps it's related to the "My Profile". Clearing everything on three different browsers does not help.

Clearing the three browsers also does not help for me.

My profile is now corredt; I have HTML and Photos.  Yay!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.

Expert

RobertWy:

Glad to hear Comcast took care of the "Bug" causing your grief.

I suppose we will get an update of fixes from Comcast later today.

Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

Not here yet....... Do you see date / timestamps on the individual posts within threads ?

Silver Problem Solver

Date and Time Stamp.jpg

@EG wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Not here yet....... Do you see date / timestamps on the individual posts within threads ?

Like that?

Expert

Yep. Thanks !

Silver Problem Solver

OK now I can inclue the picture of the heading.  The old forum would include the forum name; notice there is no forum name between Home and Re:.

Forum header.jpg

Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

The heading doesn't include the forum you are in, which can get confusing for me.  Notice nothing between > and Re:.  The forum name used to be there.

Forum header.jpg

RobertWy:

For some reason I had a notification that lead me to the earlier post. Did you just edit this post to cause the notification? I agree with your request to add the link.

Mark

Silver Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Forum header.jpg

RobertWy:

For some reason I had a notification that lead me to the earlier post. Did you just edit this post to cause the notification? I agree with your request to add the link.

Mark

I added it to both of my posts.  Trying to be persistent.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.

Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET

I did a test, I believe  it was something you mentioned and suggested. 

I didn't sign in,  pulled up your profile, and found a post that I was mentioned in, clicked on my name and My Profile appeared.  I did capture the shot.  Smiley Happy     

I then decided to try signing in..   I got the immediate "Unexpected Error Occurred". 

Does this help any?

Using Chrome browser..  I didn't check the IE, but assume it would be the same.

ciao, bj

Expert

@BlueJay wrote:

@MNtundraRET

I didn't sign in,  pulled up your profile, and found a post that I was mentioned in, clicked on my name and My Profile appeared.  I did capture the shot.  Smiley Happy     

I then decided to try signing in..   I got the immediate "Unexpected Error Occurred". 

Does this help any?

ciao, bj

The last update of fixes mentioned this problem with a few very early members of the forum. Are your original I.D.'s and associated passwords for Comcast site, and Forum I.D. and password still the original ones?

If so I wonder if there is a need for Some Comcast employee forum member to have to reset your I.D.'s with a new password? That would require a P.M. with them to supply required information.

Maybe we should see if they respond to this possible idea for a fix.

Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

@MNtundraRET

Does this help any?

ciao, bj

The last update of fixes mentioned this problem with a few very early members of the forum. Are your original I.D.'s and associated passwords for Comcast site, and Forum I.D. and password still the original ones?

If so I wonder if there is a need for Some Comcast employee forum member to have to reset your I.D.'s with a new password? That would require a P.M. with them to supply required information.

Maybe we should see if they respond to this possible idea for a fix.

Thanks for the reply & thoughts.  At this time, having anyone reset my ID with a new password, is something I shudder to think about.  Not being able to view My Profile is just annoying and puzzling,  not earth shattering. 

I'm more concerned with so many other aspects of this new version, that should be addressed.

ciao, bj

Expert

@BlueJay wrote:

Not being able to view My Profile is just annoying and puzzling,  not earth shattering. 

To me it's not trivial. It's not just the information stuff there that can't be accessed, you can't access your pictures or your past posting history either.......

Regular Contributor

New Forum Pages Are Hard to Read

New forum site design for email, internet, etc. is hard to read. You have light colored text on white background with small font-size. Make these pages easier to read.

Use better contrast for the text. I learned a long time ago that light-colored text such as gray on white makes for a bad user experience.

.Net Programmer
Problem Solver

@EG wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

Not being able to view My Profile is just annoying and puzzling,  not earth shattering. 

To me it's not trivial. It's not just the information stuff there that can't be accessed, you can't access your pictures or your past posting history either.......

Sorry about that, EG, don't mean to trivialize.  Smiley Sad

FWIW, I am able to view my posting history, those that haven't been removed, with a link that I've had in place for a while now.   I did post this above in one of my posts, but no one was able to use it to access their posts.   Maybe you'll have some luck.  

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/

I've removed my id from the link..  Hope this works for you.

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

BJ, that link takes us to YOUR recent posts page.  Maybe you only changed the display and not the actual link: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/54009

Joe V
Expert

@jav6joev wrote:

BJ, that link takes us to YOUR recent posts page.  Maybe you only changed the display and not the actual link: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/54009

BJ mentioned removing the top portion of the profile and just showing the recent replies section, which is what was intended.

Gold Problem Solver

@EG wrote: ... you can't access your pictures or your past posting history either.......

You may be able to access your posts at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/40479

and your images at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/media/gallerypage/user-id/40479/tab/all.

Sure would be nice if they'd fix this though . . .