Community Forum

2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Expert

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

@SLannes wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

TYPED POST AND IT AUTO SAVED. HOW DO I FIND IT?

Are you talking about this specific post? If you were typing a different post that you saw the auto-save, and somehow left the post before sending it (It's happened to me). Clicking on the " <-- " above can return you to this post box. It might be missing a few key-strokes since auto save.

Thanks I'll see if I can locate. I think its in On Demand

I meant to immediately use the return arrow.

However; if you happen to be using Edge in Windows 10 there is a way maybe find that post. It would involve using the new Task View. If you happen to know what date you started that reply and lost it, check for your times using this forum in "Task View". If you find the reply window just highlight and copy what you typed. Then you can come back to the correct forum you wanted to reply in; open a new reply window, and click paste. I found one of my replies from a few days back. I copied and successfully pasted part of it in a new reply window. I know it works.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

Are you talking about this specific post? If you were typing a different post that you saw the auto-save, and somehow left the post before sending it (It's happened to me). Clicking on the " <-- " above can return you to this post box. It might be missing a few key-strokes since auto save.

However; if you happen to be using Edge in Windows 10 there is a way maybe find that post. It would involve using the new Task View. If you happen to know what date you started that reply and lost it, check for your times using this forum in "Task View". If you find the reply window just highlight and copy what you typed. Then you can come back to the correct forum you wanted to reply in; open a new reply window, and click paste. I found one of my replies from a few days back. I copied and successfully pasted part of it in a new reply window. I know it works.

It's gone but doesn't matter anyway. Subject was about awful search boxSearch box.jpg

try for yourself . Merely enter TCM ON DEMAND TITLES and see what it returns. It'll ask did you mean:

Expert

SLannes:

When using the search window uses simpler wording.

TMC

I saw the message. That is standard for Cortana, Google, etc. It pops up with results even for typoed words. Writing a short sentance normally will find nothing. This is no different than using voice commands that were never stored in the program's memory. Nothing will be found.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

=

FYI....you don't have to use Edge to use the Task View. Its part of Win 10 and any browser will do. I never use Edge and the Tast View comes in handy often. I pinned it to my taskbar.

Silver Problem Solver

And yet again, my access here is somewhat partial. I cannot access "My settings" or "My subscriptions". It just goes to the forum categories list. I tried closing/reopening my browser. I normally use Firefox, but also just tried Edge. I can log out, but when I log back in, it does NOT ask for a login and password. It just seems to auto-login and I end up back at that category list.

Update: And now, an hour or so later, it's back to normal. Never had this issue before the redesign.

Most Valued Poster

@ComcastJessie   Please Please push hard on Lithium to get rid of that black space at the bottom. Its more than an annoyance to have to mess with making space to type and be able to see what you are typing.

Regular Contributor

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

@Nerdburg wrote:

There is no easy way to navigate from forum to forum. To go from one forum to another you need to go back to the homepage.

Especially cumbersome if you're made a response to someone's post.  You can't just use the back button to go back to the forum you were reading.  Back to the main page, back to the forum you were reading, scan to find where you left off.  Very cumbersome.

Also, the "<someone> wrote" error got carried forward to the new verson.  Edit:  at least in the reply window.

And if you quote, your post is part of the quote.

And a strange black bar shows up to keep you from seeing what you type!

Very cumbersome. AGREED, INDEED IS. I AM FED UP TRYING TO ENTER WORDS IN SEARCH BOX.  TRY ENTERING: TCM ON DEMAND TITLES. AND, WILL REPLY "DO YOU MEAN"  I EXPECT XFINITY LOWERING SUBSCRIPTION RATESTO COMPENSATE JUST A PORTION OF TIME WASTED.  NEVER OCCURED WITH PRIOR SITE!

AND, NOW SPELL CHECCK DOES NOT FUNCTION WHEN POSTING AUTO SAVED

Search box.jpg
Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@ComcastJessie   Please Please push hard on Lithium to get rid of that black space at the bottom. Its more than an annoyance to have to mess with making space to type and be able to see what you are typing.

Amen to that .... I agree.

Regular Contributor

@Again wrote:

WHAT personal identifying information?

@Again wrote:

This post was actually moved to a hidden area because it contained personal identifying information that violated the Forum Guidelines.

This post was actually moved to a hidden area because it contained personal identifying information that violated the Forum Guidelines.

Access Denied

Expert

@SLannesIt didn't involve any of your posts.

Regular Contributor

I've encountered an issue I'd like to report.  I'm signed in (of course) replying and posting here.  I've found that when signed in and then clicking on a shortcut/favorite to see 'new posts' at http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/page/1 ,  it 'forgets' that I was logged in and I am logged OUT and have to sign BACK IN if I want to respond or see notifications.  Can someone look at that and see what might be going on?  I'm using:

Windows 10 Pro 17134.165 on 64-bit OS, x64-based processor

Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0

Update:

It appears to be an MS Edge browser issue as Google Chrome does NOT exhibit the same symptom.  Chrome (Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)) DOES remember I was signed in when going from a SIGNED IN page to http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/page/1.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Gold Problem Solver
Regular Contributor

Yes, using HTTPS does, in fact, maintain my login when using MS Edge browser.  Thanks.

Joe V
Problem Solver

Does anyone know what the purpose of the Black and Blue vertical lines are for on the cover page of each board?

The text is still so light and vague, I can barely read any of the posts or distinguish what is listed or which are NEW posts or Old Read posts.

Every day I enter the forums, I check My Profile.   I am still getting the Unexpected Error message, which is getting kinda OLD... Smiley Sad   

I am able to see everyone else's Profile page, why am I still blocked from mine?  It was functioning correctly prior to this new revision.

ciao, bj

Gold Problem Solver

@BlueJay wrote: Does anyone know what the purpose of the Black and Blue vertical lines are for on the cover page of each board? ...

Does https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Getting-Started/Forums-Navigation-Keys/m-p/2929483#M9 help at all? The blue lines aren't described, but appear to be an Unread indicator.

Silver Problem Solver

It looks like the gray vertical lines mark pinned posts. Blue designate a post is new or has unread replies.

Problem Solver

@BruceW wrote:

@BlueJay wrote: Does anyone know what the purpose of the Black and Blue vertical lines are for on the cover page of each board? ...

Does https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Getting-Started/Forums-Navigation-Keys/m-p/2929483#M9 help at all? The blue lines aren't described, but appear to be an Unread indicator.

Thanks BruceW, and andyross, right now, I'm just sitting at my computer shaking my head.  

From what I've seen of these new indicators, they are washed out and hard to determine what is going on.  

They sure have made the GREEN ANSWERED bold and easy to see.  Jumps right out at ya!  

And those badges, are in BOLD EASY TO SEE colors.   

attempting to read the forums as they are currently being shown, is as painful as attempting to read what I'm typing here as an example.   

PLEASE, Lithium, Comcast, or whoever is responsible, PLEASE, PLEASE take pity on older and tired eyes.

ciao, bj

Silver Problem Solver

From what I see, it's pretty easy to tell the difference between pinned, new, and old messages with the vertical bars. Maybe even easier than the old bold/standard font.

ComcastForum4.png

Most Valued Poster

@BlueJay wrote:

@BruceW wrote:

Thanks BruceW, and andyross, right now, I'm just sitting at my computer shaking my head.  

From what I've seen of these new indicators, they are washed out and hard to determine what is going on.  

They sure have made the GREEN ANSWERED bold and easy to see.  Jumps right out at ya!  

attempting to read the forums as they are currently being shown, is as painful as attempting to read what I'm typing here as an example.   

PLEASE, Lithium, Comcast, or whoever is responsible, PLEASE, PLEASE take pity on older and tired eyes.

ciao, bj

ME TOO.....my eyes are old and pretty bad and straining to see what on here now is terrible for them.

Expert

@TerriB wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

@BruceW wrote:

ciao, bj

ME TOO.....my eyes are old and pretty bad and straining to see what on here now is terrible for them.

using Chrome, load and run the high contrast extension. i set to inverted color option. looks great white letters on black.

Most Valued Poster

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

@BruceW wrote:

ciao, bj

using Chrome, load and run the high contrast extension. i set to inverted color option. looks great white letters on black.

===

We should NOT have to manipulate any browser to read the darn text.  Ridiculous

Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

@BruceW wrote:

ciao, bj

===

@TerriB,   I've seen websites with that , inverted color option, white on black...   I couldn't get away from them fast enough!   That option really HURTS my eyes.  

The only concession I'll make for manipulation is to use a BOLD / BLUE in my responses.

Have you seen the new member of the expert team?  According to the profile, been around for almost 10 years, he/she's popped up on a number of forum pages.   Is it a name change ??

WHO IS THE JANITOR.PNGWho is/was the _janitor?

Most Valued Poster

@BlueJay wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

@BruceW wrote:

ciao, bj

===

@TerriB,   I've seen websites with that , inverted color option, white on black...   I couldn't get away from them fast enough!   That option really HURTS my eyes.  

The only concession I'll make for manipulation is to use a BOLD / BLUE in my responses.

Have you seen the new member of the expert team?  According to the profile, been around for almost 10 years, he/she's popped up on a number of forum pages.   Is it a name change ??

WHO IS THE JANITOR.PNGWho is/was the _janitor?

BJ...I love the bold blue! This has to be a new name for a long time expert...has to be...hmmm? Wonder who it is.

Are my eyes really seeing that the BLACK bar area when replying is G O N E? @ComcasteJessie????

Administrator

All,

All updates that have been made due to user feedback about the forum redesign have been shared on the main post of this thread.

• Recent updates include a blue bar to the left of the post information when viewing the board level to indicate when a post has been unread. This is a different experience then the previous bold/unbold feature we used before (see image below). This is a welcome change for any user who may be experiencing low/reduced vision. User do not need to do anything to see this change. 

Read-unread.JPG

• The black bar in the reply box when authoring a longer reply is now gone. Users do not need to do anything to notice this is now gone.

• Images in the upper section of the forum have been fixed to better fit the screens of all devices.  User do not need to do anything to see this change. 

All future updates with our redesign will be posted on the main post of this thread. Please keep your eyes on that post for the latest information about the 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign.

Additionally, all Expert information, specifically Expert bios/details can be found on our Expert Program post, found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Getting-Started/Expert-Program/td-p/2762172

We are also currently running a contest thru 08/05/18 about Xfinity Forum Experts. We want to hear from all our users why they, or some other user they know, deserves to be an Xfinity Forum Expert. From thos submissions we will be choosing a new group of Xfinity Forum Experts and be relaunching that program. If you would like to know more or participate in this contest, please see here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Expert-Contest/con-p/XprtContest

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

GREAT NEWS @ComcastJessie.

Silver Problem Solver

I think someone mentioned it once before, but it would be nice to get the chain of home-to-forum-to-message restored. Now, it is just Home and your current post or location. Before, it would show the list, so I can could back up easily, especially after making a post. Now, I can either browser back, which involves backing up over entering a post (maybe multiple), or starting over at home.

ComcastForum5.png

Expert

@andyross wrote:

I think someone mentioned it once before, but it would be nice to get the chain of home-to-forum-to-message restored. Now, it is just Home and your current post or location. Before, it would show the list, so I can could back up easily, especially after making a post. Now, I can either browser back, which involves backing up over entering a post (maybe multiple), or starting over at home.

ComcastForum5.png

andy, if you look at the bottom of the last post you'll see All forum topics.  Clicking on that takes you back to the forum list.

Regular Contributor

@ComcastJessie 

Thanks for the info.  I've found that if I have more than one 'unread' notifications with the blue bar on the left indicating so, that if I read ONE of them, then ALL lose the blue bar.  Even if I haven't read one, the blue bar is GONE.  Not a big problem, but is that as designed?  In the screenshot attached, these two were unread with blue bars.  I read the second one and the blue bar from the first disappeared as well.

Joe V
UnreadNotifications.jpg
Regular Contributor

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

Thanks for the info.  I've found that if I have more than one 'unread' notifications with the blue bar on the left indicating so, that if I read ONE of them, then ALL lose the blue bar.  Even if I haven't read one, the blue bar is GONE.  Not a big problem, but is that as designed?  In the screenshot attached, these two were unread with blue bars.  I read the second one and the blue bar from the first disappeared as well.

Where is the Blue bar?

Regular Contributor

@SLannes wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

RE: I read the second one and the blue bar from the first disappeared as well.

XFINIITY should, MUST, lower subscription fees due to this horrific redesign! 

Yet, again Where is the Blue bar?

Regular Contributor

Community Forum design should have nothing to do with rates or fees...
Joe V
Most Valued Poster

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

--
Lower subscription fees for what? The forums are free. 

Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

--

As CajunTec used to say, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch". Smiley Wink

But moving right along, as SLannes noted above, the BLUE LINE  disappears when one of the group is read. 

I noticed this with my Notifications, the number 2 was at the notification symbol, I chose to read your {TerriB} post first.  When I went back to the notifications list, the second one was gone and I didn't get to read it..  I took a snip of that notification screen:notification feed 7~25~18.PNG

I'll be checking back to read rachael's post..  Is this a bug????

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

The Blue Lines disappear but the messages don't...
Joe V
Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

--

COMCAST!

Most Valued Poster

@SLannes wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

--

COMCAST!

===========

SLannes.... Do you mean they should lower what we pay Comcast for services? Our services costs have zero to do with the forums...zero. 

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

--

COMCAST!

===========

SLannes.... Do you mean they should lower what we pay Comcast for services?

ABSOLUTELY!

Our services costs have zero to do with the forums...zero.  IN PRIOR HELP FORUM I COULD EASILY FIND SAME PROBLEM I WAS EXPERIENCING AS WERE OTHERS AND SUGGESTED SOLUTIONS BASICALLY TV! 

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

--

COMCAST!

===========

SLannes.... Do you mean they should lower what we pay Comcast for services? Our services costs have zero to do with the forums...zero. 

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

--

COMCAST!

===========

Regular Contributor

@SLannes wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

--

COMCAST!

===========

SLannes.... Do you mean they should lower what we pay Comcast for services?

ABSOLUTELY!

Our services costs have zero to do with the forums...zero.  IN PRIOR HELP FORUM I COULD EASILY FIND SAME PROBLEM I WAS EXPERIENCING AS WERE OTHERS AND SUGGESTED SOLUTIONS BASICALLY TV! 

RE:  IN PRIOR HELP FORUM I COULD EASILY ..................

https://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/introducing-our-new-help-support-forums

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

--

COMCAST!

===========

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

--

COMCAST!

===========

Most Valued Poster

WHAT has happened to the text? Today its totally unreadable....so faint it looks bleached. Seriously....cannot read any of it except this post of mine.  @ComcastJessie

Silver Problem Solver

I can't seem to find my saved photos.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Silver Problem Solver

@jav6joev wrote:
The Blue Lines disappear but the messages don't...

I don't think they are supposed to; at least I can tell which posts I have read and which I haven't.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Silver Problem Solver

There is no way to tell what forum you are in at the top.  And I can't include a picture of it.

Silver Problem Solver

@jav6joev wrote:

@ComcastJessie 

I have no issues with the blue bar. I am using Firefox. This is what it looks like after reading one message from the regular forums.

ComcastForum6.png

Gold Problem Solver

@andyross wrote: I have no issues with the blue bar. ...

I believe jav6joev and BlueJay were referring to the Notification feed page at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notificationfeed/page. There, and unlike the forum "table of contents" pages, reloading the page clears ALL of the blue lines, even if you haven't read any of them.

Regular Contributor

@TerriB wrote:

WHAT has happened to the text? Today its totally unreadable....so faint it looks bleached. Seriously....cannot read any of it except this post of mine.  @ComcastJessie

I STILL CAN'T FIND LEFT EDGE BLUE LINE.  

RE-DESIGN IS A DISASTER!

Expert

We have been out traveling in the MH.

My old Kindle Fire worked fine for monitoring the new Forum (good news). The bad news was I could not get signed onto the new Forum using it.

Have BJ, WTP, or EG been able to get signed into their own profile yet? I could not tell just monitoring since my own profile was only current up to the time we left to travel.

Regular Contributor

Could not find below posting dated today!  So I gave up.  Just another reason re-design is terrible!  Same for my Comcast bill that arrived today!

On 7/26/18 10:36 AM, Community Mailer wrote:

Hi SLannes,

MNtundraRET (Problem Solver) posted a new reply in Announcements on 07-26-2018 10:36 AM :

Regular Contributor

Could it be the 12:36 response?  Are you in a time zone two hours behind the forum?

Joe V
Expert

@SLannes wrote:
Could not find below posting dated today!  So I gave up.  Just another reason re-design is terrible!  Same for my Comcast bill that arrived today!

On 7/26/18 10:36 AM, Community Mailer wrote:

Hi SLannes,

MNtundraRET (Problem Solver) posted a new reply in Announcements on 07-26-2018 10:36 AM :

I did post at 12:36pm CST. Are you in the western time zone? That would be showing 10:36 am for you.

Expert

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Have BJ, WTP, or EG been able to get signed into their own profile yet? 

I have no solution as of yet..... Smiley Sad