Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Expert

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Profile pages report "kudos" but the redesign uses "likes".

Regular Contributor

@nerdburg wrote:

The default font is too hard to read and too light.  

Wow, no kidding!  It's nearly impossible to read what I'm typing right now.  Thin, faint font on a white background <edited for violating forum guidelines>

Valued Contributor

My observations about the redesign:

As others have said, the default font for text being typed into a text input box is much to small and gray. The previous design had much crisper and clearer text. Everything in this redesign is a blurry gray. Just because something "looks cool" from an artistic standpoint doesn't mean it will be useful in a real-world application.

On the forum index pages, subject lines are being unnecessarily truncated. Here are a few examples:

Late Show with Stephen Colbert 7/11/2018 is NOT av... My Fair Lady (1964) HD version missing in ON DEMAN...

"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" does NOT...

There is plenty of space on the page for these subject lines to be printed in full.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thick black lines block text at end of my

Thick black lines block text at end of my replies to Comcast PMs only. Why?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Thick black lines block text at end of my

@SLannes wrote: Thick black lines block text at end of my replies to Comcast PMs only. Why?

This happens if you type more than a few lines in a PM and in the regular forum post editor as well.  ComcastJessie addressed this at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Announcements/2018-Xfinity-Forum-Redesign-Feedback/m-p/3116280/#M107.

Regular Visitor

<edited for violating forum guidelines>. It is difficiult to navigate and read. Tried to post and i tsaid to register, but website did not have "register" at the top so one could do it.

Regular Visitor

Screen fills the page and cannot be lengthened. but somehow what ever I did on profile before registering has worked? We'll see.
Problem Solver

RE: showing of Avatar

When we click on "My Profile" for anyone we now get to see decent sized picture which is a great improvement.

No problems at all involved for new design.

Except for W_T_P now exposed top secret Avatar. Maybe it's fair that he can't sign into his site yet to see it.

This one cost a few of us (involved in this re-design check) some Kudos and a lost Solved for me on the new Avatar subject a few months ago. Smiley Wink

I hope the "sign-on issue" for "My Profile" gets fixed  soon for BJ and W_T_P since they are working hard here on  Forum re-design.

Problem Solver

Re: RE: showing of Avatar

@MNtundraRET wrote:

When we click on "My Profile" for anyone we now get to see decent sized picture which is a great improvement.

Except for W_T_P now exposed top secret Avatar. Maybe it's fair that he can't sign into his site yet to see it.

This one cost a few of us (involved in this re-design check) some Kudos and a lost Solved for me on the new Avatar subject a few months ago. Smiley Wink

I hope the "sign-on issue" for "My Profile" gets fixed  soon for BJ and W_T_P since they are sorking hard hear on  Forum re-design.

Thanks MN, "sorking hard hear" ??    made my morning.   Seriously tho, am I and WTP, the ONLY members that are having this error show?   The profile button was working prior to this re-design.  This is quite discouraging, but maybe WTP will get a chuckle with his  new "top secret Avatar" -  fitting a square peg into a round hole?  I hope he can see this.

WTP avatar profile page.PNG

I do like the larger version of yours, s/he is a fine looking buddy.  I do wish they had considered making the avatars a bit larger and gone back to the square/rectangle ones.  

ciao, bj

edited to correct the lisp with/wish, bj, 7/14/2018 9:13 AM 

Silver Problem Solver

For the second time, I had my login only semi-work. I could not access my settings. I logged out and back in, and now it works. If it happens again, I'll see if closing/reopening the browser makes a difference. Almost seems as if some cookie or similar is expiring and needs updating.

It does looks like there has been some work to fix the skinny font issues, as it's certainly more readable, but there is too little a difference between normal and bold (read and unread) in the post listings.

Problem Solver

I had questioned with prior re-designs, why, when a person edits posts, that notation was removed from the EDIT function.   It was automatic, date/time/ stamp...  for each and every edit made to a post.  

Was this done purposely, or just something that was lost in re-designs?

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

@BlueJay wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

I hope the "sign-on issue" for "My Profile" gets fixed  soon for BJ and W_T_P since they are sorking hard hear on  Forum re-design.

Thanks MN, "sorking hard hear" ??    made my morning.   Seriously tho, am I and WTP, the ONLY members that are having this error show?   The profile button was working prior to this re-design.  This is quite discouraging, but maybe WTP will get a chuckle with his  new "top secret Avatar" -  fitting a square peg into a round hole?  I hope he can see this.

WTP avatar profile page.PNG

I do like the larger version of yours, s/he is a fine looking buddy.  I do wish they had considered making the avatars a bit larger and gone back to the square/rectangle ones.  

ciao, bj

edited to correct the lisp with/wish, bj, 7/14/2018 9:13 AM 

I corrected my spelling BJ.  It was supposed to say: "working hard here". 

Regular Contributor

@nerdburg wrote:

Profile pages report "kudos" but the redesign uses "likes".

I like Kudos.  No kudos for likes!  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Entering text in SEARCH BOX is still ridiculous.  Fonts are less than half size and thus STILL unreadable. 

<edited for violating forum guidelines>

Problem Solver

I see the Black Bar that I had reported seeing, and blocking very right edge of My Profile home page has now been fixed.

Thank you.

Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

I see the Black Bar that I had reported seeing, and blocking very right edge of My Profile home page has now been fixed.

Thank you.

I'm happy and thrilled that you can view your MY PROFILE page.   Have you any idea why I am still unable to view my own.  I can view everyone else's profile page, but NOT mine.  

I keep getting that  An Unexpected Error has occurred , and it's really making me quite paranoid. 

I've asked before and will ask again, "am I the only member, along with WTP, experiencing this ERROR""?  There have been no answers or suggestions.   

FYI, I just removed the AdBlockPlus from this site, even tho it's been active here since before this revision.

Hoping for some clues, 

ciao, bj

Expert

@BlueJay wrote:

"am I the only member, along with WTP, experiencing this ERROR""? 

Same here FWIW..... Smiley Sad 

Problem Solver

@EG wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

Welcome to the "club" EG,  Smiley Wink    Do you have any inside information, as an "Expert" here, what the problem could be?  

ciao, bj

Expert

I'm afraid not.

Problem Solver

@EG wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

@EG wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

BJ, W_T_P, and EG:

I don't know if any of the 3 of you are really missing much by getting the error when you try to see you own My Profile.

except for maybe EG. I don't know if he can get into the special area for "Expert's". I am using BJ's My Profile to find this post & reply here. Also found a new Bug (double entry from EG). Didn't see error on my own site.

Any of you 3 (or everyone for that matter) could use my own My Profile with either format, to view all replies on the special forum on new design. And then reply to any of them.  Try it!

Mark

Problem Solver

If what I explaned in the last post works for you, then maybe I found the

Really Big Bug!  

Problem Solver

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Really Big Bug!  

MN, I'm replying to this post from the listing in your MY Profile.  

Should this not have worked?

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

Re: Can't set recordings from stream app

Dates are in the upper right hand corner of each post.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks that’s interesting...dates not showing on my screen. Screenshot attached.
37235099-4B15-46F7-8DCD-3F8029916991.png
Problem Solver

@BlueJay wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Really Big Bug!  

MN, I'm replying to this post from the listing in your MY Profile.  

Should this not have worked?

ciao, bj

I expected it would work for you. Can you get to your own My Profile yet?

Doing it this way may be okay. I am just giving Forum people doing the changes to check out if okay for what they intended.

Edited 6:45am.  I just went back to my own profile and checked recent replies in either of the two formats. Since it only shows the last reply from any named forum post and moves most recent to top of list, doing replies this way (using another member's My Profile) doesn't seem to change anything on my end.

Expert

@Gladiator51 wrote:
Thanks that’s interesting...dates not showing on my screen. Screenshot attached.

appears to affect only mobile versions of the forum. It has been reported.

Most Valued Poster

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Really Big Bug!  

I have never had this problem before or after the re-design. <edited for violating forum guidelines>

Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Really Big Bug!  

I have never had this problem before or after the re-design. <edited for violating forum guidelines>

TerryB:

The feature I really like under My Profile is the choice of: "My Latest Contributions" with about 15 pages back to July 1016 when I first posted.; and "Topics I've Participated in" with 7 pages back to December 2017. After posting just click My Profile. You will find your last reply at the top of list with time/date stamp.

I believe this type use you really missed after an update last year, and commented about at that time.

Most Valued Poster

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Really Big Bug!  

I have never had this problem before or after the re-design. <edited for violating forum guidelines>

TerryB:

The feature I really like under My Profile is the choice of: "My Latest Contributions" with about 15 pages back to July 1016 when I first posted.; and "Topics I've Participated in" with 7 pages back to December 2017. After posting just click My Profile. You will find your last reply at the top of list with time/date stamp.

I believe this type use you really missed after an update last year, and commented about at that time.

---

Yep I did miss that function but have it back for a long time and its still there..lol

Problem Solver

@TerriB wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Really Big Bug!  

I have never had this problem before or after the re-design. <edited for violating forum guidelines>

TerryB:

---

Yep I did miss that function but have it back for a long time and its still there..lol

MN & Terri,  the functions that you've mentioned above, are not anything that I recall seeing on my previous MY PROFILE page.  I am able to retrieve a listing of my posts using the link I gave in another post.  That link was just forum post listings not my profile which included all my images posted within the forums.

As I mentioned previously, {I do wish they'd return the message numbering system} I have and use a couple of links which were provided by another poster, my forum posts and one for recent forum posts, all topics, and I do use them to see what's what here.

I don't know if this information is of any assistance in tracking down this problem with my profile for myself, WTP, and EG, but just throwing it out there. 

We haven't seen or heard from WTP, and according to his profile, he hasn't made any posts since the 10th?  Unusual for him. 

ciao, bj

Most Valued Poster

@BlueJay wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Really Big Bug!  

TerryB:

---

MN & Terri,  the functions that you've mentioned above, are not anything that I recall seeing on my previous MY PROFILE page.  I am able to retrieve a listing of my posts using the link I gave in another post.  That link was just forum post listings not my profile which included all my images posted within the forums.

As I mentioned previously, {I do wish they'd return the message numbering system} I have and use a couple of links which were provided by another poster, my forum posts and one for recent forum posts, all topics, and I do use them to see what's what here.

I don't know if this information is of any assistance in tracking down this problem with my profile for myself, WTP, and EG, but just throwing it out there. 

We haven't seen or heard from WTP, and according to his profile, he hasn't made any posts since the 10th?  Unusual for him. 

ciao, bj

===

The numbering of the mesages was very useful in many ways and I thought for sure they would reinstate for the redesign.

Problem Solver

Concerning the BJ, WTP, and EG error when trying to access My Profile.

I think I can norrow down the location causing the error. It is rather obvious that all three of you can actually sign on to the forum since all of you can reply to, and create new post. One thing I can see when checking my own My Profile, or other forum members, Comcast employees, is that I see a green dot and "On Line" when using the forum. Others may have no dot if not on line any time recent.

Others may have a red dot and a recent date (today or earlier). Others like you three show red dot and most likely the last date before Redesign of forum.

It looks like clicking to enter My Profile does not recognize your ID and password due to computer, operating system (W7, I.E., and others).  I was just wondering if you just enter the forum as a visitor (don't sign in) can you see my My Profile or possibly your own?

Problem Solver

I just used the forum as a visitor (not signed in) and I found some strange things.

1. When checking My Profile as a visitor it still had me with a green dot and signed in. Not signed in & can't reply.

2. When clicking on BJ I saw no dot.

3. When clicking on WTP I saw a green dot and signed in (really weird ???). There was no activity on his My Profile since July 10, 2018. Must be the date some change was made to cause the error. We know he as been posting since that date but nothing is being added to his two forms of checking past posts.

4. For others there is sometimes a red dot and today's date or earlier.

Edited 5:20pm

Maybe there is a difference between being always signed in to Comcast site versus need to sign into Forum site for my green dot when not signed in here.

Regular Contributor

I've had it with Comcast Xfinity help and support REDESIGN.  Search box fons absurd.  I type in word and it kicks back with "DID YOU MEAN?  Then must log in again.

I'm done with Comcast's idiocy!  If I don't get a resolution to what I can only deduce is SABOTAGE to forum format I'm cancelling internet and moving to A T & T.

Regular Contributor

Typo correction
@SLannes wrote:

I've had it with Comcast Xfinity help and support REDESIGN.  Search box fonts size  absurd.  I type in word and it kicks back with "DID YOU MEAN?  Then must log in again.

I'm done with Comcast's idiocy!  If I don't get a resolution to what I can only deduce is SABOTAGE to forum format I'm cancelling internet and moving to A T & T.

Regular Contributor

@SLannes wrote:

THERE MUST BE SOMEBODY AT XFINITY WHO CAN ADVISE HOW TO EXPAND SEARCH BOX TO ENTER TEXT. 

Typo correction
@SLannes wrote:

I've had it with Comcast Xfinity help and support REDESIGN.  Search box fonts size  absurd.  I type in word and it kicks back with "DID YOU MEAN?  Then must log in again.

Problem Solver

I was going through the My Settings {since My Profile is not functioning}  and I found the following on the bottom of the Personal Information page:    

Personal Information in settings page.PNG

The information there is a direct link to my computer and information.  Who has access to this information, and how do I go about having these links removed from this area.  

Also, there's a whole list of IP addresses used by my account..  This was mentioned before, but I forgot where and who asked.   

I am not too happy having any personal information of that nature linked to this forum account.

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

THERE MUST BE SOMEBODY AT XFINITY WHO CAN ADVISE HOW TO EXPAND SEARCH BOX TO ENTER TEXT. 

Typo correction
@SLannes wrote:

What do you mean by expanding the "Search Box"? What search box? If you mean this reply / post box just pull bottom right corner towards 4 o-clock. Re expand it as many times as needed.

Regular Contributor

b

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

Typo correction
@SLannes wrote:

What do you mean by expanding the "Search Box"? What search box? If you mean this reply / post box just pull bottom right corner towards 4 o-clock. Re expand it as many times as needed.

Search box.jpg

Search box.jpg
Problem Solver

@BlueJay wrote:

I was going through the My Settings {since My Profile is not functioning}  and I found the following on the bottom of the Personal Information page:    

The information there is a direct link to my computer and information.  Who has access to this information, and how do I go about having these links removed from this area.  

Also, there's a whole list of IP addresses used by my account..  This was mentioned before, but I forgot where and who asked.   

I am not too happy having any personal information of that nature linked to this forum account.

ciao, bj

BJ:   Just to ease your mind I, or anyone else, cannot get into your "Settings". I just clicked on your "My Profile" and we can only see the previous posts of yours. The bottom of page shows your uploaded pictures (same as in the past).

Clicking on "Settings" while on that page just opens my own "Settings". Not yours. Everything looks secure from that standpoint.

Problem Solver

SLanes:

That box has always been limited. The search only functions on few key words.

Regular Contributor

@SLannes wrote:

b

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

Typo correction
@SLannes wrote:

Search box.jpg

RE: What search box? 

DO YOU SEE WHERE IT STATES: SEARCH  TOPICS OR KEYWORDS? It Means enter word(s) to search in insane box with faint dwarfed fonts!

Expert

@BlueJay wrote:

ciao, bj

There is no direct link to your computer...only to your community content.  Only you and Jessie or Alan, and maybe the OE's, can see your IP addresses. 

Go ahead and download the information and open the files with Notepad.  And, only YOU can see that area because it's in your personal Settings for the Forums.  There isn't anything to be worried about.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Contributor

@MNtundraRET wrote:

SLanes:

BUT ENTERING WORD OR TWO KICKS BACK WITH DO YOU MEAN.? IF BOX WAS HIGH ENOUGH TO ENTER TEXT THIS WOULD NOT OCCUR.  SO I PRESUME OTHERS ARE CONTENT WITH INSANE BOX BUT I AM NOT! 

Problem Solver

@SLannes wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

SLanes:

BUT ENTERING WORD OR TWO KICKS BACK WITH DO YOU MEAN.? IF BOX WAS HIGH ENOUGH TO ENTER TEXT THIS WOULD NOT OCCUR.  SO I PRESUME OTHERS ARE CONTENT WITH INSANE BOX BUT I AM NOT! 

I gave up on using that box shortly after joining the forum. The old one never can back with "What do you mean?" It just never really found what I was looking for. I never tried the new one.  

Regular Contributor

@SLannes wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

SLanes:

ONCE AGAIN I JUST CAREFULLY TYPED IN A FEW KEY WORDS (ON TOP OF XXXXXXXX (CENSORED) FONTS IN SEARCH BOX):  TCM ON DEMAND HD TITLES..

AND, RETURNED WITH:

Did you mean: TAM ON DEMAND DD TITLES

You used a bad word, , in the body of your post. Please clean up the body before posting.

Regular Contributor

TYPED POST AND IT AUTO SAVED. HO DO I FIND IT?

Regular Contributor

@SLannes wrote:

TYPED POST AND IT AUTO SAVED. HOW DO I FIND IT?

Problem Solver

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

Are you talking about this specific post? If you were typing a different post that you saw the auto-save, and somehow left the post before sending it (It's happened to me). Clicking on the " <-- " above can return you to this post box. It might be missing a few key-strokes since auto save.

Regular Contributor

@MNtundraRET wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

@SLannes wrote:

Are you talking about this specific post? If you were typing a different post that you saw the auto-save, and somehow left the post before sending it (It's happened to me). Clicking on the " <-- " above can return you to this post box. It might be missing a few key-strokes since auto save.

Thanks I'll see if I can locate. I think its in On Demand