Community Forum

2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Expert

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Welcome_to_post:

 

I see the scroll bar does originally show in your last reply. To continue typing. As BJ stated, expand the box by dragging the lower right corner showing dots. Doing this allows more typing room but the scroll bar disappears.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Highlighted
Expert

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

BruceW:

 

It looks like the limit of 1 Mbt for pictures was by-passed.

 

As for another work-around, just clicking on the bell (Notifications) with out a new post (number) will quickly return us to out last post reply page "Notification Feed".

Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

 


@MNtundraRET wrote:

BruceW:

 

It looks like the limit of 1 Mbt for pictures was by-passed.

 

As for another work-around, just clicking on the bell (Notifications) with out a new post (number) will quickly return us to out last post reply page "Notification Feed".


Or, MN, here's another link from the previous version that someone posted.  I'd love to give credit, but forgot who, and the archiving has messed up any info I had.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/

 

I removed my user id # Hopefully yours will show.

Let me know.

ciao, bj

Expert

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

BJ:

 

Your link was to your My Profile. That is exactly what I asked W_t_p to try yesterday.

 

We can all click on anyone's ID name and reply through their past posts. It's a good work-around for people like W_t_p who can't get into their own My Profile.

 

Mark

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Unfortunately, clicking on my name also returns the "unexpected error" message. 

 

You had a good point earlier, though.  I don't run flash on this machine.  Since I'm the only one who seems to experience the problem, maybe I should install it and see if that fixes it.  Comcast seems to love flash, even if the rest of the world has left it behind. 

Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

 

MN, 

Sorry it didn't work..   I seem to remember when I first tried that link, I had to do a bit of playing around with removing some of the wording after recent posts..  

I can say, <edited for violating forum guidelines>

Expert

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Unfortunately, clicking on my name also returns the "unexpected error" message. 

 

You had a good point earlier, though.  I don't run flash on this machine.  Since I'm the only one who seems to experience the problem, maybe I should install it and see if that fixes it.  Comcast seems to love flash, even if the rest of the world has left it behind. 


While I mentioned that possibility, Windows 7 has many problems and many sites like MN parks reservations have not allowed it for the last year, or two. The reason I ran Google Chrome on my old Asus i7 Gaming Laptop. Our PM for heads-up on the new forum redesign mentioned some "bugs" even with W10 and others.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

OK, so it's not flash.  I've reinstalled it, and still get the "unexpected error" message.  Rats!

Expert

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

I think the font for the thread titles within each forum needs to stand out more. They should be bigger, maybe bolder. The titles are the first thing I look at in order to decide which threads I'm going to open. As it is right now the user names stand out more than the thread titles.

 

xfinity forums.JPG

Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@MNtundraRET wrote:

Welcome_to_post:

 

I see the scroll bar does originally show in your last reply. To continue typing. As BJ stated, expand the box by dragging the lower right corner showing dots. Doing this allows more typing room but the scroll bar disappears.


There is no scroll bar present now as I am typing.

I used the enter button once  , still no scroll bar and will enter one more time, 

black line is covering my typing and scroll bar is present, used enter key one more time

am now typing in the black, dark..  and will go to the dotted triangle to get more area to open.

Hooray!  there is open space to type!  No scroll bar is present, and there are no black bars below.  I'll continue to type,   the scroll bar just reappeared on this line.  I'll see what happens as I continue to type..  oops BLACK  bar just popped up and I'll go to the dotted triangle to open more space.   More space opened and I've also retained this complete post.   From the quoted post, including all the options above the box.  

So I guess the scroll bar will come and go as the body of the reply is extended.  

I don't know why I'm typing this.   Is it in answer to a question asked, or am I just mesmerized with the coming and going of the scroll bar and the black lines.  Going to use spell check and post this.

ciao, bj

Expert

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@BlueJay wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Welcome_to_post:

 

I see the scroll bar does originally show in your last reply. To continue typing. As BJ stated, expand the box by dragging the lower right corner showing dots. Doing this allows more typing room but the scroll bar disappears.


There is no scroll bar present now as I am typing.

I used the enter button once  , still no scroll bar and will enter one more time, 

black line is covering my typing and scroll bar is present, used enter key one more time

am now typing in the black, dark..  and will go to the dotted triangle to get more area to open.

Hooray!  there is open space to type!  No scroll bar is present, and there are no black bars below.  I'll continue to type,   the scroll bar just reappeared on this line.  I'll see what happens as I continue to type..  oops BLACK  bar just popped up and I'll go to the dotted triangle to open more space.   More space opened and I've also retained this complete post.   From the quoted post, including all the options above the box.  

So I guess the scroll bar will come and go as the body of the reply is extended.  

I don't know why I'm typing this.   Is it in answer to a question asked, or am I just mesmerized with the coming and going of the scroll bar and the black lines.  Going to use spell check and post this.

ciao, bj


I needed to drag the corner to get your post out of the black area and give me room to reply. This "bug" needs fixing but the work-around works for now. Needed to edit a word. Had to expand the box to do edit, but it worked.

 

I won't have access to this computer until Friday. Fire HD's don't work here.  Hope some fixes done by then.

Regular Contributor

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

So trying different font sizes for typing in replies does help, but still doesn't solve the overall issue of how the Forum's default text is just to "thin and gray" to be seen clearly.

It's even worse on the S8 phone trying to read.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@BruceW wrote:

The absurdly GIANT images are no fun either -- see, for example, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Using-splitter-on-main-powered-coax-from-outside-cabl...

 

New Forum2.jpg

 lllllllllThe size can be controlled if you use it maybe?


I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Most Valued Poster

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

 

I like the cleaner look of the forums overall

 

The text while typing replies is very light and too thin and so are the previous posts when using 'quote'. Can hardly see the text.

 

<edited for violating forum guidelines> When I try to continue my feedback post at bottom of post window....BOLD black bar appears at bottom of my post and won't let me type anymore or scroll to get more room to type so I will have to start new repy...this is BAD.

 

Love being able to set how to sort  mesages....if we could do 'newest' first before I never saw that before.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

After working fine for a few days, now I cannot get at "My Settings" or "My subscriptions". They just return to the list of forum categories. These links just return to the generic forums.xfinity.com: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions

Most Valued Poster

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@andyross wrote:

After working fine for a few days, now I cannot get at "My Settings" or "My subscriptions". They just return to the list of forum categories. These links just return to the generic forums.xfinity.com: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions


I just started checking out the new format today and I can get to my settings and subscriptions. This many be silly to say but make sure you are signed in. I always had that problem with the old format. No matter how many times I had signed in that day it always wanted me to sign in before I could access  certain areas.

Most Valued Poster

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@BlueJay wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Welcome_to_post:

 

I see the scroll bar does originally show in your last reply. To continue typing. As BJ stated, expand the box by dragging the lower right corner showing dots. Doing this allows more typing room but the scroll bar disappears.


There is no scroll bar present now as I am typing.

I used the enter button once  , still no scroll bar and will enter one more time, 

black line is covering my typing and scroll bar is present, used enter key one more time

am now typing in the black, dark..  and will go to the dotted triangle to get more area to open.

Hooray!  there is open space to type!  No scroll bar is present, and there are no black bars below.  I'll continue to type,   the scroll bar just reappeared on this line.  I'll see what happens as I continue to type..  oops BLACK  bar just popped up and I'll go to the dotted triangle to open more space.   More space opened and I've also retained this complete post.   From the quoted post, including all the options above the box.  

So I guess the scroll bar will come and go as the body of the reply is extended.  

 

 

I don't know why I'm typing this.   Is it in answer to a question asked, or am I just mesmerized with the coming and going of the scroll bar and the black lines.  Going to use spell check and post this.

 

This is riduclous I used hte triangegle to expand to type this replply and cN'T SEE WHAT THE HCEK i AM TYPING ...ITS ALL BALCK WHERE I WEXPANDED IT.

ciao, bj


 

Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@TerriB wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

@MNtundraRET wrote:

Welcome_to_post:

 

I see the scroll bar does originally show in your last reply. To continue typing. As BJ stated, expand the box by dragging the lower right corner showing dots. Doing this allows more typing room but the scroll bar disappears.


There is no scroll bar present now as I am typing.

I used the enter button once  , still no scroll bar and will enter one more time, 

black line is covering my typing and scroll bar is present, used enter key one more time

am now typing in the black, dark..  and will go to the dotted triangle to get more area to open.

Hooray!  there is open space to type!  No scroll bar is present, and there are no black bars below.  I'll continue to type,   the scroll bar just reappeared on this line.  I'll see what happens as I continue to type..  oops BLACK  bar just popped up and I'll go to the dotted triangle to open more space.   More space opened and I've also retained this complete post.   From the quoted post, including all the options above the box.  

So I guess the scroll bar will come and go as the body of the reply is extended.  

 

 

I don't know why I'm typing this.   Is it in answer to a question asked, or am I just mesmerized with the coming and going of the scroll bar and the black lines.  Going to use spell check and post this.

 

This is riduclous I used hte triangegle to expand to type this replply and cN'T SEE WHAT THE HCEK i AM TYPING ...ITS ALL BALCK WHERE I WEXPANDED IT.

ciao, bj


 


Terri..  Keep expanding with the triangle until the black area disappears.   I had to do that when I quoted your post.   

When you expand over the black area, the scroll bar disappears, and there is a clear area for typing.

I hope this makes sense to you..

Good luck, ciao, bj

Most Valued Poster

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

BJ...this is crazy. You could see my horrible typing . I usually type almost perfectly and don't even have to look at the keyboard BUT when I can't see what I have typed I mess up..must be right brain left brain thing. . I wanted to edit and correct spelling and could see the text in bright green if I highlight it in the black area but it would not let me edit it. Are they trying to limit our replies...lol? I am NOT using quote in this reply to you on purpose. I tried to expand and expand and the black would not go away. This is one thing they need to address and SOON.  Its just horrible.

 

Terri

Most Valued Poster

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Its even harder than it used to be to get back to the chosen  thread messages once you  read or reply to one. Have to go back to the start page of the forums and start all over again. HUH? Thought for sure this would be changed for the better. Using 'back' takes me to a blank reply box.

 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@RobertWy wrote:  lllllllllThe size can be controlled if you use it maybe?

Use what? If you're referring to some sort of image size control, I see none for the 4,032px × 3,024px image ComcastAndrew posted in the message I linked. Not in Firefox, Chrome, IE, or Edge. What am I missing?

Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@TerriB wrote:

BJ...this is crazy. You could see my horrible typing . I usually type almost perfectly and don't even have to look at the keyboard BUT when I can't see what I have typed I mess up..must be right brain left brain thing. . I wanted to edit and correct spelling and could see the text in bright green if I highlight it in the black area but it would not let me edit it. Are they trying to limit our replies...lol? I am NOT using quote in this reply to you on purpose. I tried to expand and expand and the black would not go away. This is one thing they need to address and SOON.  Its just horrible.

 

Terri


Terri, Just an fyi, I'm using : 

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)  Win 7   IE 11
I don't know if OS or Browser are contributing factors to the many errors being seen here.  
But, I'm posting some snips of what I've done when replying to your post.  
Terri reply 1.PNG
The above is a snip of your quoted post and where it landed in the reply box.  Notice the scroll br on the right.  I used the scroll bar to bring in the reainder of your post.
 
Terri reply 2.PNG
Enter brings us to the Black box area, scroll bar still present.   I used the dotted triangle, to expand the typing field to remove the black area and the scroll bar.  Terri reply 3.PNG
 
I now have an open area  in which to type a reply to the above 3 images.  
I hope this doesn't confuse you too much, and helps to explain what I am able to do now when replying to posts.
ciao, bj
 
Most Valued Poster

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

BJ...

 

I won't even attempt to quote that wonderful show and tell you made.  I know you realize how ironic it is that you had to do all that work just to deal with a brand new redesign. Talk about a workaround....wow.  I have tried Chrome and FIrefox which are both up to date on my pc and same issues with both. I guess this will make me keep my comments short and I sure won't be quoting much. I can only imagine how long it may take for them to correct this. This is not on Comcast to fix.......its on Lithium but Comcast has to get them to do it.

Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@TerriB wrote:

Its even harder than it used to be to get back to the chosen  thread messages once you  read or reply to one. Have to go back to the start page of the forums and start all over again. HUH? Thought for sure this would be changed for the better. Using 'back' takes me to a blank reply box.

 


Hi Terri, First off I see they've corrected the missing name bug in the quotes.    If we can ignore the faint print and lack of contrast within this version, I think you'll notice that you can get back to a forum start page {listing of the posts?}    

At the bottom of each, they have returned the helpful forum topics buttons which are located at the end of each topic.  I use it to go quickly through new posts within a forum.

All forum topics return buttons.PNG

The all forum topics brings you back to the messages within the particular forum.

I hope this helps.     

Also I just noticed, with this post, when I expanded the window with the dotted triangle, I got an enormous black area.   I just have continued to type and it is diminishing as I go along typing and entering.  I could go on, but it is going away..  I think you mentioned above. of a continuing black area when you used the dotted triangle.  

Whoops, it's down to one black line..  Oh Happy Days!     And NO SCROLL BAR VISIBLE.

Black line gone and scroll bar returns.

ciao, bj

Most Valued Poster

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

BJ.......having to go all the way to the bottom of the topic...which could be many many pages ..........to get to  next or previous topic  option <edited for violating forum guidelines>. What is wrong with having at the top where it says 'Xfinity Help and Support Forums > last post or previous post or something like that. I was sure they would include a way to go back one page to the redesign. I am not even going to attempt the get past that black box mess at this time. Its just not acceptable to have to do any of that to post/reply.

Administrator

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

@Nerdburg@darkangelic, & @FAUguy

 

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are working with our design partners to get this changed and make the forum easier to read and provide more contrast.

 

Thanks again for the feedback!




@MNtundraRET wrote:
However; the right edge of the has a black bar blocking reading the very right side of page. There was also a black bar showing up across the bottom of the reply window when replying a couple of times. It blocks typing in more of a reply. I also noticed the new post / replies are missing from this version. They were added as a feature in the last year.

@MNtundraRET,

 

Thank you for your post. Can you please elaborate about specifically what you are experiencing. We would like to know specifically,

 

Issue Type (Design or Functionality):

Brief Description of Issue:

Hyperlink to Issue Location or a Screenshot of the Issue:

Browser Info (Please Include Version Info):

 

This information will help us to quickly identify the issue and work to resolve it quickly.


@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

<edited for violating forum guidelines> "My profile" crashes when I try to access it. I can't find ANYTHING! There's a screen capture below showing the error message.. Good luck finding it! How do you find the list of new posts, so we can respond? How do you find your own posts? When I try My Profile, it crashes (see above)? How can you tell which posts are new and which ones are old? There doesn't seem to be any difference. There's a second screen capture here showing that. Good luck finding it! Wow. Suddenly I have ten windows open. Oh, I see. Every click opens a new window. Why is that happening??. "Stay Signed In" isn't working. Note that there are nine separate paragraphs here. Not one long one, as shown. We don't seem to be redirected to the last read message in a thread anymore, and there's no indication which ones have been read and which have not. Sorry, this is totally unusable.

@Welcome_to_Post,

 

Thank you so much for your feedback. I know we had some difficulty when relaunching our forum, are you still experiencing the errors you are discussing, specifically the profile crashing issue and the "Stay Signed In" issue? If so, can you please provide the following information,

 

Issue Type (Design or Functionality):

Brief Description of Issue:

Hyperlink or Screenshot of Issue:

Browser Info (Please Include Version Info):

 

To add some clarity, to find all new posts for a board they are located on the actual board. We no longer have the ability to see "latest posts" on the homepage. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused. 

 

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, the Bold titles of unread messages in the past has been more visible. Although it may be hard to distinguish the feature is still there and functioning as it had in the past. Now we are happy to share your feedback with our design team to see if this is something we can change to provide more contrast. 

 

Thanks again for your feedback. I will happily share any updates once any changes are made. 


@mvenanzi wrote:
Too hard to tell which posts have and have not been read. Can you tell which posts I've read in the capture below?

 

@mvenanzi wrote:
When replying to a post and including images, there is no way to change size of image or see it within your post prior to posting

@mvenanzi,

 

Thank you for posting your feedback. As mentioned in my above reply, this was a feature that is still working as designed. We will also share your feedback with our design team in hopes that we can either bring that feature back or have some other indicator to let users know about unread posts. 

 

When uploading images in a post, you can change the size of that image in the right column of the upload pop-up box (see image).

 

Upload.JPG

 

This feature has always been there and continues to work as before. 

 

Thanks again for your feedback. 

 


 

@BlueJay wrote:

I have this screen set for BOLD...  AND DARK BLUE.!!   There seems to be no control.  I can barely read this text, and all the text of all the forums...    What are you doing?   Whoever is responsible for these changes, PLEASE, I beg you , consider the elderly and those with vision problems!!   

This new format is not at all pleasant!  



@BlueJay,

 

Thank you so much for your feedback. As mentioned in an earlier reply on this post, this is something that we will be sharing with our design team. I have full anticipation that they will work to get that resolved as soon as possible. 

 

In the meantime, it could help if you change the contrast on your computer screens and/or for the website using the advance settings for your browser. For instance, on Google Chrome, I can change my zoom and enable their "high contrast" feature for this website. Both these features have been a temporary solution to make this forum more legible. 

 

Thanks again for your feedback. I will happily share any updates once any changes are made. 


@Nerdburg wrote:

The path at the top of the page is wrong on every page. You can't navigate back to a specific forum where the post is located from the post.

 

@Nerdburg wrote:

The reply menu isn't displaying properly. 

Google Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) Win 10

 

 @Nerdburg wrote:

Employee's usernames are no longer in red.

 

@Nerdburg wrote:

There is no external indication that a post has been solved. 

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/CM1000-1AZNAS-Not-supported/m-p/3113823



@Nerdburg,

 

Thank you for your feedback. The "footprint" that tells you where exactly you are on every forum page, was removed as part of the relaunch. We are happy to share your feedback with that team.

 

We thank you for reporting the issue with the reply menu. We have sent your feedback to our developer and expect a resolution soon.

 

The change in username colors, was done on purpose. We are hoping to eliminate some confusion for the use of red on some of our other web properties. We are working on other methods to identify users, Experts, and Official Employees. I am happy to share those upcoming changes as soon as we are ready to launch them. 

 

When talking about indicators for a post being solved, are you talking on the thread level, as there are 2 indicators on the post (see image below)?

 

answered1.JPG

 

If your concern is about on the board level, we have changed the way that looks from being a simple check in the upper right corner to the word "Answered" and a check (see image below).

 

Answered2.JPG

 

We apologize in advance for the confusion this may have caused. 

 

Thanks again for all your feedback. I will happily share any updates once any changes are made. 

 


 

@mvenanzi wrote:

Preferences have changed "Default editor to use for posts" to HTML in FF 61.0. I always had Rich Text. With html, qouted post shows as html



@mvenanzi,

 

Thank you for your post. Is this still happening to you? I can say that there has always been an option to change from Rich Text to HTML to Preview at the top of the reply menu. If it is defaulting to HTML instead of Rich Text, please provide us with the browser information (including version) where you are experiencing this issue. 

 

Thanks again for your feedback.

 


 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@@ComcastJessie wrote:

 

@mvenanzi wrote:

Preferences have changed "Default editor to use for posts" to HTML in FF 61.0. I always had Rich Text. With html, qouted post shows as html



@mvenanzi,

 

Thank you for your post. Is this still happening to you? I can say that there has always been an option to change from Rich Text to HTML to Preview at the top of the reply menu. If it is defaulting to HTML instead of Rich Text, please provide us with the browser information (including version) where you are experiencing this issue. 

 

Thanks again for your feedback.

 


 


This only happened after new design went active. After I changed it to rich text, it remained.

 

Replying to your post was very difficult due to the black bar/scroll bar/resizing reply box bug. Try it!

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@BruceW wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:  lllllllllThe size can be controlled if you use it maybe?

Use what? If you're referring to some sort of image size control, I see none for the 4,032px × 3,024px image ComcastAndrew posted in the message I linked. Not in Firefox, Chrome, IE, or Edge. What am I missing?


The photo size is only available if using rich text view in reply window and using Photos button. I noticed the system changed my preferences from rich text to html when the new design went active. With html selected, the only way to add a pic is to ues the browse button below the reply window which doesn't have image sizing feature.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@TerriB wrote:

@andyross wrote:

After working fine for a few days, now I cannot get at "My Settings" or "My subscriptions". They just return to the list of forum categories. These links just return to the generic forums.xfinity.com: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions


I just started checking out the new format today and I can get to my settings and subscriptions. This many be silly to say but make sure you are signed in. I always had that problem with the old format. No matter how many times I had signed in that day it always wanted me to sign in before I could access  certain areas.


I is working now. I had to be logged in to make the post, so maybe it was just some temporary glitch.

 

And the bottom part of this reply is all black background as I type it. Probably another bug already being discussed.

Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

In trying to find pages previously used, I'm at a loss to locate the page that had Current users Online, and along with that in another area  were options on MARKING ALL POSTS AS READ .  

Are they still available, and where are they. ??  

Thanks, ciao, bj

Most Valued Poster

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

@Nerdburg wrote:

There is no easy way to navigate from forum to forum. To go from one forum to another you need to go back to the homepage.

 

Especially cumbersome if you're made a response to someone's post.  You can't just use the back button to go back to the forum you were reading.  Back to the main page, back to the forum you were reading, scan to find where you left off.  Very cumbersome.

 

 

 

 

Also, the "<someone> wrote" error got carried forward to the new verson.  Edit:  at least in the reply window.

And if you quote, your post is part of the quote.

And a strange black bar shows up to keep you from seeing what you type!



-

 

I am getting really weary  of having the use the little triangle and keep 'pulling' it to get a white space to type in rather than the wide black bar where I can't see what the heck I type. Why in the name of all things holy should we have to do that just to type a reply especially when we want to 'quote' .

Administrator

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

@MNtundraRET wrote:

In checking my "Personal Information" page I found no information filled in any of the blocks, and about 100 IP addresses listed near the bottom of the page. No information about me on a computer site is good for me, but not what Comcast was expecting. The rest of: Profile, setting, etc. , seems okay. Using a Lenovo AIO computer with Edge on Windows 10.

 

After thinking about it, I may not have entered anything here if not required back in 2016. IP addresses don't belong.


@MNtundraRET,

 

Thank you for your post. To add some clarification, the "Personal Information" tab on your profile page will only display content if you add it. For the most part this is private area, and most of the content found there is only viewable to you and Official Employees. If you choose to fill out those fields you will notice it showing up when you return to that page.

 

Also, the IP addresses again are only viewable by you and are a record of the different device IP addresses you have used to access the Xfinity Forum. Remember without a dedicated IP assigned to your device and/or modem the IP addresses can change although your device may not have changed.

 

Thank you again for all your feedback.

 


@Nerdburg wrote:

Emoticons don't always display properly.  Like in this post: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/New-names-for-some-equipment-and-services/m-p/3115208#...

 

Chome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) Win 10

@Nerdburg,

 

Thank you so much for the feedback. I will be sure to get this reported to our developer and we should have it resolved soon. 

 

Thanks again for your help.

 


 

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

still getting "An Unexpected Error has occurred." when hitting My Profile. Does that in Firefox and Chrome.


@Welcome_to_Post,

 

Thank you for posting your feedback. The issue you are experiencing where you have difficulty viewing your profile, is this still occurring? If you are still experiencing this issue can you please provide more specifics about the browser you are having this issue with (Browser name and version information). Without that information it will be difficult for us to correctly identify and resolve the issue you are experiencing. 

 

Thanks again for your feedback. Once any updates are made I will happily share them on this post. 


 

@Nerdburg wrote:

The editor is inserting non-breaking space code where it does not belong, then does not display it correctly. Notice the non-breaking space between the words to and have.

 

nbsp1.PNGAs it appears in the codenbsp2.PNGAs it appears in the live forum

The display error is not seen in the editor or the preview, just the live forums.

 

This is the actual post: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Gigabit-Download-Speeds-Slower-Than-Advertised-Possi...

 

Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) Win 10

 

Edit: It actually did it in this post. The first line after the word inserting. the second line after the word the.



@Nerdburg,

 

Thanks again for sharing your feedback. I do not see any weird code when I post or reply. The issue you are discussing may be related to a backend code, that I will happily share with our developer. Are you seeing this when using the "Rich Text" tab in a post or when on the "HTML" tab of a post (see image). 

 

code.JPG

 

Thank you again for the feedback!


@CactusThorn wrote:

Hovering over a name no longer shows people's information (badges, number of posts, rank, etc.) which I had always liked to see.

Aside from that, I agree with many other comments, especially the default font comments.  My screen is 1680 x 1050, and I suspect that with any lower resolution, it will be close to impossible to make out.  <edited for violating forum guidelines> (And that unreadable font is also used in the list of messages.)

 

Also--am I forgetting, or didn't "reply" formerly leave visible the post being replied to?

<edited for violating forum guidelines>

 

(Firefox on Windows Vista--still using, for now)



@CactusThorn

 

Thank you for posting your feedback.

 

I can say that for now, the "hover-card" you are referring to has been temporarily disabled. This feature will be brought back in the near future and you once again will have the ability to "hover" over a username to get the user's information. 

 

As mentioned, we will share your font/contrast concerns with the design team. We are hoping to make some changes to make this more usable for you and other users. 

 

As for reply leaving a visible representation of the post you are replying to (such as I have done in this thread). This is the "quote" function. It is available on every reply that you author. Just like before the redesign this must actually be clicked on your reply for the post you are replying to be visible in your reply. Again, you will notice a "Quote" button in the menu options just above where you write your reply (see image).

 

quote 3.JPG

 

Thanks again for your feedback. If we make any changes based on your suggestions we will happily update this thread.


@jav6joev wrote:
My first visit to the newly formatted site and I want to see NEW POSTS at a glance. It appears we have to go into EACH forum to see NEW POSTS. Is that correct? If so, not user friendly.

@jav6joev

 

Thank you for posting your feedback. As mentioned in a previous reply, this is still functioning as before. Although it may be harder to distinguish (which we are working on) unread posts on any board are bold and unread posts are un-bold. Again, this isn't as defined as it once was, and we completely understand your concern.

 

Also, as like before, to have a complete list of new posts you must go to the actual board. There was once a feature that provided a handful of new posts listed on the homepage. This feature has been removed as part of the redesign and we apologize for any inconvenience this caused. We have shared this feedback with the design team. Thanks!


@BlueJay wrote:

 I quoted the previous post, but the original posters names were somehow not carried forward....     

@BlueJay,

 

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The issue you mentioned above is one that has been going on long before the redesign of the forum. This specific issue is actually caused by our platform vendor Lithium. We are working with them to get this resolved, but unfortunately that our teams cannot fix alone.

 

Thanks again for your feedback. As soon as we have an update about this I will be sure to post it on this thread.


 

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Except "My Profile" is still crashing (for me).Smiley Sad



@Welcome_to_Post,

 

Thank you for your feedback. In my previous reply to you, can you please provide your specific browser details including version info.

 

Also, have you tried clearing your cache and cookies and trying again? Once you do that are you still experiencing this issue?

 

Thank again for your feedback. We look forward to hearing back from you.


@MNtundraRET wrote:

 

I can view your profile by clicking on your name on any of your replies here. Your profile shows fine. Mine has a black vertical bar on right side blocking Kudos count.

 

Try clicking on my name or BJ's to view our profiles. If it works try clicking on your name to see if this type of link works.



@MNtundraRET,

 

Thank you for posting your feedback. The "black bar" you are describing on your profile page is mirrored throughout the forum and is done by design. However, the kudos information "spilling" into that black bar is a bug and one that we are working to resolved as soon as possible.

 

Thanks again for posting your feedback. As soon as we have any updates, I will be sure to share them on this thread. 


@BruceW wrote:

The absurdly GIANT images are no fun either -- see, for example, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Using-splitter-on-main-powered-coax-from-outside-cabl....



@BruceW,

 

Thank you for posting your feedback. We have fixed the giant images issue. You should no longer see this happen. 

 

Please let us know if for any reason this is still happening.

 

Thanks again for the feedback.


@rightfooted wrote:

I think the font for the thread titles within each forum needs to stand out more. They should be bigger, maybe bolder. The titles are the first thing I look at in order to decide which threads I'm going to open. As it is right now the user names stand out more than the thread titles.



@rightfooted,

 

Thank you so much for posting your feedback. This was changed as part of the overall redesign of the Xfinity Forum. I am happy to pass along your feedback with our design team. If any changes are made I will be sure to update this thread. 

 

Thanks again for your feedback.


All,

 

When replying to a post there will not be a "scroll" option next to your reply until your reply is long enough to necessitate the scroll. When it does get long enough you will at that point see the scroll automatically added. 

 


@BlueJay wrote:

In trying to find pages previously used, I'm at a loss to locate the page that had Current users Online, and along with that in another area  were options on MARKING ALL POSTS AS READ .  

Are they still available, and where are they. ??  

Thanks, ciao, bj

@BlueJay,

 

Thank you for posting your feedback. Remember we really appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, but please remember that all posts must adhere to our new Xfinity Forum Guidelines.

 

The homepage links to see all users online has been removed due to low usage and to reduce confusion. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, but this is something that we do not intend on bringing back as it is as designed. 

 

To "mark all posts as read" this feature is done on the board level. This option can be found in the "Options" menu drop down when on a board. This is working as it has always worked. 

 

I hope this clears up any confusion. 

 

 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@ComcastJessie wrote:


@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Except "My Profile" is still crashing (for me).Smiley Sad



@Welcome_to_Post,

Thank you for your feedback. In my previous reply to you, can you please provide your specific browser details including version info.

Also, have you tried clearing your cache and cookies and trying again? Once you do that are you still experiencing this issue?

Thank again for your feedback. We look forward to hearing back from you.




Not sure what you mean by "previous reply".  Do you mean the one deleted for violating the forum guidelines?  (Welcome to the club! ;_-)  )  if so, of course I have no way of knowing what was in that post.

Clearing cache and cookies?  Of course, that's the first thing we try.  No change.

Browsers:  (All previous posted)
Firefox:  61.0.1 (64-bit)
Chrome:  Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Internet Explorer (shudder):  11.0.28 (not sure of the version, since I only use it as a last resort.)

Regarding the error message trying to access My profile, yes, it's still happening.  Screenshot posted in previous posts.  repeated here for clarity.
Capture.JPG
Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

@ComcastJessie wrote:


@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Except "My Profile" is still crashing (for me).Smiley Sad



@Welcome_to_Post,

Thank you for your feedback. In my previous reply to you, can you please provide your specific browser details including version info.

Also, have you tried clearing your cache and cookies and trying again? Once you do that are you still experiencing this issue?

Thank again for your feedback. We look forward to hearing back from you.




Not sure what you mean by "previous reply".  Do you mean the one deleted for violating the forum guidelines?  (Welcome to the club! ;_-)  )  if so, of course I have no way of knowing what was in that post.

Clearing cache and cookies?  Of course, that's the first thing we try.  No change.

Browsers:  (All previous posted)
Firefox:  61.0.1 (64-bit)
Chrome:  Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Internet Explorer (shudder):  11.0.28 (not sure of the version, since I only use it as a last resort.)

Regarding the error message trying to access My profile, yes, it's still happening.  Screenshot posted in previous posts.  repeated here for clarity.

Regarding your last entry, WTP,  I also am getting that  message  === 

          AN UNEXPECTED ERROR OCCURRED       when I try to access My Profile..    I never had any problems in the past.   Just wanted to be added to that list . 

 

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)   on an hp  desktop with Win 7  IE 11
ciao,bj
 
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Curiously, I've overjoyed.  Not that you're also suffering the same problem, BJ, but only that someone other than me is having it.  As Aesop stated, "misery loves company". 

 

Just joking, of course.    I'd really rather you didn't have the problem too.  But at least there's more than one having it, which should bring more attention to bear on the problem.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@ComcastJessie wrote:

All,

 

When replying to a post there will not be a "scroll" option next to your reply until your reply is long enough to necessitate the scroll. When it does get long enough you will at that point see the scroll automatically added.

 


Yes, a scroll bar does appear when post gets to bottom of reply window, BUT the background of the reply that scrolls up from the bottom is black with the light grey letters. To see what you're typing, you have to drag the bottom right corner of the reply box down to make it bigger so you can see what you're typing.

 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

Just curious.  What is the purpose of the black bar that blocks viewing what you're typing? We've read it's "by design", but all it does is block the view of what's being typed.  What problem is it trying to solve? 

Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

WTP,  There have been numerous posts regarding that,  I think Jessie mentioned it somewhere in one of her posts above..  Wish we had the post numbering back for reference.  but it is there,  if I trip over it again I'll PM you..    Oh wait..  I can't PM , it seems that I have reach my limit????  

ciao, bj

 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

I did see that;  it's where i got the "by design".  But no useful purpose was given.  If it has one, that's fine, but so far all I see is a problem.

 

Can't PM??  Wonder if that's another bug? 

Most Valued Poster

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

BJ........We have a PM limit?????? When did that happen?

Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@TerriB wrote:

BJ........We have a PM limit?????? When did that happen?


Capture.PNG

Terri,  It was a shock to me to see that message.  I did question it in forum, but the only respondent was WTP.   I don't know if it's new design related or what.  Happened twice now.

Nowhere in any Forum guidelines have I seen any mention of a limit.

Most Valued Poster

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@BlueJay wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

BJ........We have a PM limit?????? When did that happen?


Capture.PNG

Terri,  It was a shock to me to see that message.  I did question it in forum, but the only respondent was WTP.   I don't know if it's new design related or what.  Happened twice now.

Nowhere in any Forum guidelines have I seen any mention of a limit.


WOW...that is just so WRONG and perhaps Comcast Jessie can address that here. PMs are the only way to work with Comcast Reps on details with technical problems/solutions  and for we users to talk to each other. I searched for this issue on the forums and guess who reported it in 2017? ME ME ME. Brain cramp. Never got an answer but it stopped doing that and never did it again (yet).

Gold Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@BlueJay wrote: ... I'm at a loss to locate the page that had Current users Online ...

It's still available at http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/usersonlinepage for the moment, although apparently it's an endangered species.  

Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@BruceW wrote:

@BlueJay wrote: ... I'm at a loss to locate the page that had Current users Online ...

It's still available at http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/usersonlinepage for the moment, although apparently it's an endangered species.  


 

Thank you!! BruceW,   

Administrator

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Just curious.  What is the purpose of the black bar that blocks viewing what you're typing? We've read it's "by design", but all it does is block the view of what's being typed.  What problem is it trying to solve? 


@Welcome_to_Post,

 

Thank you for your feedback and I am happy to add some clarification. Just to be clear, there is no purpose to the black bar in the reply window. This was not done by design or as a way to limit the length of replys in any way. This is a margin issue. As you may have noticed there is now a black border surrounding the forum, well that same boarder is "spilling" into the reply window. 

 

We are working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Administrator

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@BlueJay wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

BJ........We have a PM limit?????? When did that happen?


Capture.PNG

Terri,  It was a shock to me to see that message.  I did question it in forum, but the only respondent was WTP.   I don't know if it's new design related or what.  Happened twice now.

Nowhere in any Forum guidelines have I seen any mention of a limit.


@BlueJay,

 

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately this is something that has been happening sporadically with our forum users for about a month. We now have a ticket open with Lithium as there is no way for us to fix it on our side. Once we have an update or a fix I will be sure to post it. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@ComcastJessie wrote:

@Welcome_to_Post wrote:

Just curious.  What is the purpose of the black bar that blocks viewing what you're typing? We've read it's "by design", but all it does is block the view of what's being typed.  What problem is it trying to solve? 


@Welcome_to_Post,

 

Thank you for your feedback and I am happy to add some clarification. Just to be clear, there is no purpose to the black bar in the reply window. This was not done by design or as a way to limit the length of replys in any way. This is a margin issue. As you may have noticed there is now a black border surrounding the forum, well that same boarder is "spilling" into the reply window. 

 

We are working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

 


No, I hadn't.  Since that happens on many websites, I hadn't noticed.   Good to hear that the reply "border" isn't really by design, though.  Thanks.

Contributor

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback

The text on this new forum is very hard to read in many places. Right now, my typing is nearly invisible, as if it was partly erased. Please use a more legible font.  I did switch to rich text and bolded my message, but that shouldn't be necessary to read messages.

Problem Solver

Re: 2018 Xfinity Forum Redesign Feedback


@ComcastJessie wrote:

@BlueJay wrote:

@TerriB wrote:

BJ........We have a PM limit?????? When did that happen?


Capture.PNG

Terri,  It was a shock to me to see that message.  I did question it in forum, but the only respondent was WTP.   I don't know if it's new design related or what.  Happened twice now.

Nowhere in any Forum guidelines have I seen any mention of a limit.


@BlueJay,

 

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately this is something that has been happening sporadically with our forum users for about a month. We now have a ticket open with Lithium as there is no way for us to fix it on our side. Once we have an update or a fix I will be sure to post it. 


@ComcastJessie

Thank you for your comments and recognizing this sporadic message in the PM area. As Terri and someone else mentioned, this has been popping up since 2017 , and  I do look forward to Lithium resolving this issue.

Thanks again, bj