Community Forum

no closed captioning on abc and nbc either sd or hd

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
New Poster

no closed captioning on abc and nbc either sd or hd

I checked with tv station and they indicated they had cc on the sets in their studio. I do not have on either of 2 tvs-- just happened in the last week. Other channels have captioning.

Expert

Re: no closed captioning on abc and nbc either sd or hd

@pudge001 wrote:

I checked with tv station and they indicated they had cc on the sets in their studio. I do not have on either of 2 tvs-- just happened in the last week. Other channels have captioning.

do you have just xfinity cable TV service? X1 service? just DTA set top boxes? more information is needed.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

My closed captioning also is not working on abc or nbc on either of my tv’s I have Xfinity. It stopped about 2 or 3 weeks ago. All other channels have cc and nothing from tech support or a live technician has solved the problem. The Xfinity tech said it must be a glitch between them those networks that engineering must correct. This happened on just abc before and it took months to correct. Very frustrating as almost dead.
New Poster

Almost DEAF not dead!!
Expert

@LVPV wrote:
My closed captioning also is not working on abc or nbc on either of my tv’s I have Xfinity. It stopped about 2 or 3 weeks ago. All other channels have cc and nothing from tech support or a live technician has solved the problem. The Xfinity tech said it must be a glitch between them those networks that engineering must correct. This happened on just abc before and it took months to correct. Very frustrating as almost dead.

put on a prime time program. captions not showing? press down button on remote. are any of the icons checked (list all) on bottom left side?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have X1 boxes.