Community Forum

getting closed caption for Amazon Prime Videos

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
Highlighted
New Poster

getting closed caption for Amazon Prime Videos

I can only access AMAZON PRIME with my sony control...my Xfinity control always responds with "cannot handle that request"...therefore, when I watch it using sony access, it show CC not available...I am quite hearing impaired and am having a problem...can anyone respond to this ??? Thanks !

Official Employee

Re: getting closed caption for Amazon Prime Videos

Your Comcast remote is only going to control CC through your cable box. It can’t control Amazon Prime CC on your tv itself or however you’re accessing Amazon Prime. There’s no access to amazon Prime through the cable boxes.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@Donald66 wrote:

I can only access AMAZON PRIME with my sony control...my Xfinity control always responds with "cannot handle that request"...therefore, when I watch it using sony access, it show CC not available...I am quite hearing impaired and am having a problem...can anyone respond to this ??? Thanks !

Have you checked through the options found on the Amazon Prime app itself?  You may have to turn the option on there. Also; are any movies marked C.C. ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

I just checked Amazon prime, they do have a support forum, they might have the answers for your question.

https://www.amazonforum.com/

New Poster

On your Remote press OK buttom, that will bring a menu on the bottom part of screen with the right arrow buttom guide the selection
(highlighted in yellow) to CC on bottom right corner, click OK when selected and will bring you to Close Captions settings menu, to turn on and select caption styles, enjoy!