Community Forum

closed captioning for on demand episodes is not available since the 10/23/18 "upgrade"

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
Highlighted
New Poster

closed captioning for on demand episodes is not available since the 10/23/18 "upgrade"

Every on-demand episode I've tried, from different networks and different shows,  no longer has the captioning option available for the episode.    I tried with new and with episodes I've previously watched  which had captioning when I watched them.  They had captioning until todays "upgrade".  Food Network and CNBC should have captioning.   Something is wrong.  What can I do?

Expert

Re: closed captioning for on demand episodes is not available since the 10/23/18 "upgrade"

@gwhatnow wrote:

Every on-demand episode I've tried, from different networks and different shows,  no longer has the captioning option available for the episode.    I tried with new and with episodes I've previously watched  which had captioning when I watched them.  They had captioning until todays "upgrade".  Food Network and CNBC should have captioning.   Something is wrong.  What can I do?

is this a set top box? desk/laptop? smart device (apple/android)?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: closed captioning for on demand episodes is not available since the 10/23/18 "upgrade"

it's away-from-home on-demad via a computer using a browser

New Poster

oh wow, it's working now.  It was Adblock plus.  Somehow, after this latest  xfinity upgrade adblockplus started blocking all streaming in firefox and the  closed captioning in chrome.   I disabled it for the site, closed the tab and reopened and now the firefox streaming and captions in both browsers work again!!!!!