Community Forum

closed caption not working for NYPD Blue

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
Contributor

closed caption not working for NYPD Blue

For some reason closed caption doesn't work on H&I for NYPD Blue. About once or twice during the 1 hour show an occasional word or phrase appears on the screen but that's about it. Would the problem be with the channel? I checked and it works on other programs on the channel. Any ideas?

Expert

Re: closed caption not working for NYPD Blue

@bmwsteve wrote:

For some reason closed caption doesn't work on H&I for NYPD Blue. About once or twice during the 1 hour show an occasional word or phrase appears on the screen but that's about it. Would the problem be with the channel? I checked and it works on other programs on the channel. Any ideas?

not sure what H&I means. Captions are generated and encoded by the producers of the program and the set top box decodes the captions. If that is a local channel, contact the local station broadcast engineering department and ask that they check the captions on that program episode. the stations often record primetime shows to enable trouble shooting. Did you try the same program on a desk/laptop or smart device to see if the captions appeared normally there?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!