Community Forum

closed caption funding

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
New Poster

closed caption funding

why exeter communtity tv dont have closed caption such as in town meeting and website, we have three deaf family , several deaf and hard of hearing and several senior citizen who depend on closed caption  funding is from comcast to use in goverment tv programs  ??

Expert

Re: closed caption funding

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: closed caption funding

rtf57, thanks for reaching out. 

Pursuant to federal rules, broadcasters and video programming distributors, like Comcast, are required to provide Closed Captioning for most English and Spanish language video programming shown on TV.

Keep in mind, however, that not all video programming is subject to the Closed Captioning rules. For example, advertisements of less than five minutes are not considered video programming subject to the Closed Captioning rules. In addition, there are exemptions for certain programming or networks, including Public Service Announcements, programming on new networks, locally produced educational programming and programming distributed between 2:00 AM and 6:00 AM.

Does this fall into the captioning issues you're experiencing? 

KenF