Community Forum

Xfinity X1 eye control is a web-based remote for tablets and computers

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
Contributor

Xfinity X1 eye control is a web-based remote for tablets and computers

Just wanted to leave feedback on this new feature. I think it's great! I access my computer with a sip and puff to move the mouse and input text. I found this easy to use in Chrome. Before this was available I was using an Android emulator in Windows 10 and the Android Xfinity app. I like being able to type voice commands. This is a great feature! I was able to type "netflix" and "prime video" and navigate those as well.  So much quicker to use than navigating the Xfinity menu.  I am a bedbound ventilator-dependent quadriplegic, paralyzed from the neck down.

Now, if you can figure out a way to add control for the TV and volume control then people would need a separate device and app.

Jim

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity X1 eye control is a web-based remote for tablets and computers

Thanks so much for your feedback and suggestion, makoa2001. We truly appreciate your opinions and your posting in our forum, and leaving the review. I will gladly pass along your suggestion to our team. Thanks for participating in our Forums, and for being a valued customer! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!