Community Forum

Video description won't turn off

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
New Poster

Video description won't turn off

I am watching a show that I recorded and am hearing video description. This has not happened before. I have video description turned off in every setting and yet I still hear it. How do I turn this off?

Expert

Re: Video description won't turn off

@whitecl wrote:

I am watching a show that I recorded and am hearing video description. This has not happened before. I have video description turned off in every setting and yet I still hear it. How do I turn this off?

press the down button while playing the recording. are any of the 3 circles on the left checked?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Some TV’s have that option, as well. Check your tv menu settings if you’re positive it’s not the box settings

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

My cable box randomly changes languages, and randomly turns audio descriptive service on, consistently. It has for years.

Can a technician mistakenly make this happen ?
Expert

@Grux wrote:
My cable box randomly changes languages, and randomly turns audio descriptive service on, consistently. It has for years.

Can a technician mistakenly make this happen ?

do you live alone? do others have access to your set top box location?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
New Poster

Your title says “expert”, and the rebuttal is ;

“Do I live alone” ? That’s an expert solution.
Expert

@Grux wrote:
Your title says “expert”, and the rebuttal is ;

“Do I live alone” ? That’s an expert solution.

the settings you describe are available only via remote control. dogs/cats/crumb crunchers, rug-rats all love remote controls. if you have more than one remote take the batteries out of all but one and when done for the night try taking out one of the batteries out of the one remote you normally use. next day, is the problem not showing up?

Diamond Problem Solver

There are many possible reasons for what you say. As part of troubleshooting, it was asked because your post lacked details. It’s possible that you’re missing a MOCA filter that would allow remote functions from a neighbor

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

we are currently watching Chicago Med on NBC my wife changed the channel and hit no other buttons and now we have the video description active and dont want it active, it says it is off following all the instruction on this site and still it is on no matter what we do it will not shut off and it has become very annoying please help.

New Poster

You are not alone. Chicago Med does have video description on even though all options are off. I have reset SAP, made sure the language is English, checked it TV menu options. It is definitely a broadcast issue that is not allowing the video description to be turned off. On the bright side, commercials work fine. LOL