Community Forum

The CW closed captioning is messed up

This board is for questions about accessibility features (Video Description, Closed Captioning, Video guidance, etc.) for people with disabilities.
New Poster

The CW closed captioning is messed up

Is anyone else having problems with doubling of letters and letters dropping out of the closed captioning on the CW channel? Seems to be happening during the CW programming block when Supergirl, Batwoman, Arrow, etc are on.  I am not seeing it outside their programming block (8pm-11pm).    This started about January 16, 2020.  It was working fine before then.

No changes on my part at all, just started happening.

Hope the wizards can fix it.

Regular Visitor

Re: The CW closed captioning is messed up

It's been messed up since at least last week's Arrow, the Elseworlds crossover episode from January 14th, 2020. It may have been messed up before that, but that is when I first noticed it. Every CW show I have watched since then has had the same Closed Captioning problem.

I have edited my response in relation to the poster after me. But now I'm wondering...

I am in Portland, OR. @crump8670 are you also watching KRCW? or is this more widespread?

(according to the CW's website Comcast is responsible for the channel I am watching on their X1 box: 703 the HD channel for the local CW channel)

Expert

Re: The CW closed captioning is messed up

@marvelgirl wrote:

It's been messed up since at least last week's Arrow, the Elseworlds crossover episode from January 14th, 2020. It may have been messed up before that, but that is when I first noticed it. Every CW show I have watched since then has had the same Closed Captioning problem. It's really irritating that Comcast doesn't seem interested in fixing the problem.

i watch flash out of your list without issues with captions. note that comcast has nothing to do with captions other than options to view (settings) and ability to turn them on and off. does a streaming device's captions work well? there may be a local channel (engineering) problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!